The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.5 BILLION $ To ACORN !!!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Actually, I can't think of when we've seen more straightforward honesty from a President. Did you have any particular examples of "lies" in mind (as distinct from differences of opinion)?
    UHHHH.......Less taxes on the people who work, reducing the deficit, closing GITMO, getting out of Iraq, any of those work, or do you need a crowbar?
    (to help eliminate the deep ensconcement!!)
    Last edited by road kill; 07-27-2009 at 07:46 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    UHHHH.......Less taxes on the people who work, reducing the deficit, closing GITMO, getting out of Iraq, any of those work, or do you need a crowbar?
    Actually, during the campaign he said no tax increases for people earning less than $250k per year. The only exception to date has been the increase in cigarette taxes. This was more than offset by tax cuts proposed, passed, signed into law and implemented within three months of inauguration. With respect to the deficit, Obama promised to reduce the deficit he inherited (over $1 trillion for 2008) in half by the end of four years. The same budget anticipated deficit increases this year. I do not know if he will meet his goal (I am actually quite skeptical), but so far he has been acting in accordance with the plan he proposed. On closing Gitmo, he issued a proclamation calling for closure by next January. Congress (both Dems and Reps) opposes this action because of their fear of a negative public reaction to transferring prisoners to the US. I hope he succeeds since I believe that what we have done at Gitmo is a stain on our honor as a country. However, we live in a democracy where the President cannot always get his way. If he were not trying, it would be a lie (not sure how big). If he is defeated in his efforts, there is no lie involved. On Iraq, he announced the objective during the campaign of withdrawing from Iraq on a careful, measured basis over a period of 16 months. That plan has been put forward, it has been agreed to by the Iraqis, and is being implemented. Hopefully we will remain flexible as needed to reduce the negative impacts of withdrawal, b ut I fail to see the lie.

Actually, during the campaign he said no tax increases for people earning less than $250k per year. The only exception to date has been the increase in cigarette taxes. This was more than offset by tax cuts proposed, passed, signed into law and implemented within three months of inauguration. With respect to the deficit, Obama promised to reduce the deficit he inherited (over $1 trillion for 2008) in half by the end of four years. The same budget anticipated deficit increases this year. I do not know if he will meet his goal (I am actually quite skeptical), but so far he has been acting in accordance with the plan he proposed. On closing Gitmo, he issued a proclamation calling for closure by next January. Congress (both Dems and Reps) opposes this action because of their fear of a negative public reaction to transferring prisoners to the US. I hope he succeeds since I believe that what we have done at Gitmo is a stain on our honor as a country. However, we live in a democracy where the President cannot always get his way. If he were not trying, it would be a lie (not sure how big). If he is defeated in his efforts, there is no lie involved. On Iraq, he announced the objective during the campaign of withdrawing from Iraq on a careful, measured basis over a period of 16 months. That plan has been put forward, it has been agreed to by the Iraqis, and is being implemented. Hopefully we will remain flexible as needed to reduce the negative impacts of withdrawal, b ut I fail to see the lie.
    Yardley, tax cuts proposed do NOT offset taxes paid.
    I smoke decent cigars (Nordings & Rocky Patel's) $1.00 a stick.
    Please stop, you killing me with laughter.

"However, we live in a democracy where the President cannot always get his way."
    This is an excuse, he said what he said, he has not done it.

So, the crowbar is needed?

BTW--The 3 keys to marketing & communications success;

#1--Clarity
    #2--Relevance
    #3--Brevity
    Last edited by road kill; 07-27-2009 at 08:06 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

President Obama's big lie as I see it is that during his campaign he promised a more transparent government. Well when it comes to National Security issues his transparency record is as bad as Bush and maybe even worse. He also professed to believing in the rule of law and that even high government officials are not above it. As of now he has not shown any inclination to support that statement.

Yardley, tax cuts proposed do NOT offset taxes paid.
    I smoke decent cigars (Nordings & Rocky Patel's) $1.00 a stick.
    Please stop, you killing me with laughter.

"However, we live in a democracy where the President cannot always get his way."
    This is an excuse, he said what he said, he has not done it.

So, the crowbar is needed?

BTW--The 3 keys to marketing & communications success;

#1--Clarity
    #2--Relevance
    #3--Brevity
    I notice that honesty and factual accuracy are not on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    President Obama's big lie as I see it is that during his campaign he promised a more transparent government. Well when it comes to National Security issues his transparency record is as bad as Bush and maybe even worse. He also professed to believing in the rule of law and that even high government officials are not above it. As of now he has not shown any inclination to support that statement.
    I agree with your first point. If, in your second point you are referencing his non-support for punitive investigations of the Bush administration, I agree with his lack of action. The real test is what he does with transgressors in his own administration and the record there is not yet written.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post

I for one am not a fan of transparency when it comes to matters of national security or defense. Some things we just donít need to know, be it obongo or bush, orÖ..
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I notice that honesty and factual accuracy are not on your list.
    One thing about Godless progressives, when you pin them they get personal.
    You think because you bloviate and pontificate it makes your opinion more factual?
    It doesn't professor Irwin Corey!

crowbar regards!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I for one am not a fan of transparency when it comes to matters of national security or defense. Some things we just don’t need to know, be it obongo or bush, or…..
    I agree that not everything should be made public when it comes to national security but has been the case since Nixon was President, and probably even before him, the claim that info can not be disclosed because of National Security, has been abused. If it has been abused such that criminal activity has been covered up then something needs to be done.

One thing about Godless progressives, when you pin them they get personal.
    You think because you bloviate and pontificate it makes your opinion more factual?
    It doesn't professor Irwin Corey!

crowbar regards!
    If your problem is with facts and truth then your the one who is taking it personal. I would also like to know what "Godless progressives" statement is all about. What kind of stereotype would you like to pin on them?