The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 8.5 BILLION $ To ACORN !!!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Senate Democrats refuse to pass funding for closure. He can prevent anyone new from being placed there but CANNOT SPEND MONEY TO TRANSPORT REMAINING DETAINEES BACK TO THE US.
    Oooorrrr.....how bout the fact that citizens of the US screamed bloody murder that they didn't want them in their own backyard.

Guess my vote would be... b) naive chump
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

I wonder if that $8.5 billion to ACORN includes all that loot they're going to get for doing the census next year? If you think things are bad now, wait'll Obongo and his ACORN pals get through with the census and redistrict us!! I guess they might even have to make districts that cross state lines so everyone can share in wonderful utopias like Memphis, Murderapolis, Detoilet, etc. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Senate Democrats refuse to pass funding for closure. He can prevent anyone new from being placed there but cannot spend money to transport remaining detainees back to the US. Limits have been tested a little but i suspect that is not the primary issue on his plate right now.
    Obama spent $200 million bribing the island of Palau to take 17 Gitmo prisoners without Congress' approval. He shipped 4 Gitmo prisoners to Bermuda (the cost of the bribe has yet to be determined) without a single vote from Congress. He took over General Motors without a single vote from Congress. He has set up middleman organizations to skirt Congressional oversight so he can funnel bailout money as he sees fit http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...040303910.html . He has taken the congress-bypassing Czar system to unheard of new heights. Maybe you didn't see his memo to Republicans...he won the election and can do what he wants. Apparently, closing Gitmo is something he doesn't want to do.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

What did he say?
    I need some lefty to explain and rationalize this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXZoM__vU0&feature=fvw

To the untrained ear it sounds as though he is promising to shut down GITMO.

Could someone spin this for me please?

more to follow!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Is GITMO closed?
    I thought it was its not in the news anymore
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

My question is not about the speed of the dismantling of Guantanamo. It is proceeding, if slowly.
    My question is why the Bush administration detained 17 Chinese muslims that it declined to classify as enemy combatants?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/world/10palau.html
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    My question is not about the speed of the dismantling of Guantanamo. It is proceeding, if slowly.
    My question is why the Bush administration detained 17 Chinese muslims that it declined to classify as enemy combatants?

Really, you want to talk about something Bush did? Wow shocking! Who cares what the fool in the WH now is doing we need to bash bush some more
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

This is not about Bush, it is about "The Obama's" promises he isn't keeping!!

Hope & Change regards!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

All the Bush bashing is merely to conceal the incompetence of the current occupant of the White House. Its a diversion pure and simple, but it won't work with most Americans.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.