The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bad Image?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Bustin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Almelund, MN
    Posts
    316

    Default Bad Image?

    Here is my delema, I have been contacted by someone to breed to my male. I have heard of some bad dealings with this person like not getting papers due to non payment of stud fee. How much negative image is placed on the stud when something like this happens? I am mainly interested in getting my male breed naturally to check fetility, and not the stud fee portion. Can I still do the breeding without ruining my own name? Any ideas apprectiated. Thanks!
    Gary Metzger
    Black and Yellow puppies Due January 6th, 2015 FC AFC Stinger X Indy
    www.bustinwaterkennels.com Designed by Carrie Carlson aka Boondux on RTF

  2. #2
    Administrator Chris Atkinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mount Zion, IL
    Posts
    7,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bustin' View Post
    Here is my delema, I have been contacted by someone to breed to my male. I have heard of some bad dealings with this person like not getting papers due to non payment of stud fee. How much negative image is placed on the stud when something like this happens? I am mainly interested in getting my male breed naturally to check fetility, and not the stud fee portion. Can I still do the breeding without ruining my own name? Any ideas apprectiated. Thanks!
    If you want to check fertility, why not collect a sample and have a knowledgeable pro check it with a microscope?

    I'd sure prefer to keep the "politics" and the "he said, she said" off RTF.

    Please let's not let this go there.

    Thanks, Chris

  3. #3
    Senior Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    If you want to check fertility, why not collect a sample and have a knowledgeable pro check it with a microscope?
    Exactly. Will cost you a lot less time, energy and money. Besides 9 times out of 10 if a bitch does not take or has a small litter it is due to timing or the bitch, not the stud dog.

    If you have any misgivings about the person DO NOT BREED TO THEIR DOG.
    Anney Doucette
    Gainesville FL
    www.k9-design.com
    & "Fisher" CH Deauxquest Hard Day's Knight UDT VER RAE MH WCX CCA VCX OS DDHF; Can. CD WC
    & "Slater" HRCH Morninglo Wing-T Your Bird Can Sing CD MH WCX CCA VC
    & Bally too! (puppy)
    www.go-fisher.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member JusticeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Illinois/Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bustin' View Post
    How much negative image is placed on the stud when something like this happens?
    A lot.... you'll be the one that will eventually get the calls, "Why haven't yo signed the papers?" And the breeder will already have said they paid the stud fee, when they have not.... It's a hassle when a breeding goes bad, so if you smell one coming on, like this one, walk away. Typically, you don't need the headache.

    Also, I'm pretty sure of your reference.... check the ownership on the female as well....
    Susan

    FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member John Kelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Catskill Mts. New York
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    First impressions can't be taken back .If someone's first impression of you is something said by the person in your OP ,you will not be looked on favorably.
    If you are worried enough about dealing with this person to post a ?? on RTF, you shouldn't do business with them .Err on the side of caution .
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

    www.bashakilllabradors.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member Richard Halstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lino Lakes, MN north metro area
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    What's the worse that can happen? Not paying your stud fee, forging your name on the papers, selling puppies with the idea the buyers need to contact the stud dog owner to complete the AKC full registration. There are all kinds of dog owners out there, and some are unethical.
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 07-26-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

    http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

  7. #7
    Senior Member afdahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    What's the worse that can happen? Not paying your stud fee, forging your name on the papers, selling puppies with the idea the buyers need to contact the stud dog owner to complete the AKC full registration. There are all kinds of dog owners out there, and some are unethical.
    Don't forget, being lax with security on their bitch, or dishonest, and registering puppies that are not actually sired by your dog. While it is unsavory to be guided by scuttlebutt, there is also such a thing as a good reputation, and it counts.

    Amy Dahl

Similar Threads

  1. RTF Image Host
    By Scott Adams in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 11:10 PM
  2. Improving USA's image
    By Matt McKenzie in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 10:28 AM
  3. poppins had a bad bad day
    By D Osborn in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 02:22 PM
  4. Our bad forum image......
    By DEDEYE in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •