The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This makes me feel safer!

Default This makes me feel safer!

Obama Appoints 2 Devout Muslims to Homeland Security Posts

(NOTE: has anyone ever heard a new government official being identified as a devout Catholic, Jew or Protestant..., just wondering?)

Doesn't this make you feel safer already??

Obama and Janet Nappy Appoint Devout Muslim to Homeland Security Post

Arif Alikhan as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development

Source for announcement:

Homeland Security Press Room

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...etary-dhs.html

Shora, who was born in Damascus, Syria

Kareem Shora appointed by DHS Secretary Napolitano on Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC)

Washington, DC

June 5, 2009

www.adc.org

The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) is proud to announce that earlier today at a ceremony held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano swore-in ADC National Executive Director Kareem Shora as a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC).

PERSONAL NOTE: If I am not mistaken, was it not devout men of the Muslim faith that flew planes into U.S. buildings not too long ago. What the is this man thinking?
    When it quits being fun...we retire!

Nancy Neipert with
    Skeeter, my avatar (Deepwoods Off and Fly'n High, MH, MNH, MN09,10, 11.
    Gypsy (Windigo Deja Voodoo Gypsy Pearl, D List, QAA, MH) MN10 & to MD11
    Mary (Stellars Proud Mary) first Lean Mac dog
    Ted (Deepwoods Spirit of the Wild), now the baby & Suzie's grandson...
    Suzie (Watermarks Slough Foot Sue, MH, 2000-2011 - Farewell dear companion)

He is thinking that if we apologize for our existance, suck up to our enemies and weakend our defenses-well golly gee everyone will like us and no one will try to harm our citizens or property. Seriously-each and everyday that passes with this POTUS and his merry band of idiots it just gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SueLab View Post
    Obama Appoints 2 Devout Muslims to Homeland Security Posts

(NOTE: has anyone ever heard a new government official being identified as a devout Catholic, Jew or Protestant..., just wondering?)

Doesn't this make you feel safer already??

Obama and Janet Nappy Appoint Devout Muslim to Homeland Security Post

Arif Alikhan as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development

Source for announcement:

Homeland Security Press Room

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...etary-dhs.html

Shora, who was born in Damascus, Syria

Kareem Shora appointed by DHS Secretary Napolitano on Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC)

Washington, DC

June 5, 2009

www.adc.org

The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) is proud to announce that earlier today at a ceremony held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano swore-in ADC National Executive Director Kareem Shora as a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC).

PERSONAL NOTE: If I am not mistaken, was it not devout men of the Muslim faith that flew planes into U.S. buildings not too long ago. What the is this man thinking?
    The appointment of devout "Catholic, Jew or Protestant" staff is not news and is not reported for that reason. I suspect you would find that many or most of Obama's appointees fall into one of those categories. The fact that two appointees are Muslim shows how rare that is.

PERSONAL NOTE: If I am not mistaken, was it not devout Catholics who brought us the Spanish Inquisition, was it not devout Christians who brought us the genocide of millions of natives in what is now Haiti and the Dominican Republic, and was it not the Christians of Salem that brought us the Witch Trials? Blaming any religion for all the worst acts of its devotees is ridiculous, whether the devotees claim to be Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, or any other of the world's major beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The appointment of devout "Catholic, Jew or Protestant" staff is not news and is not reported for that reason. I suspect you would find that many or most of Obama's appointees fall into one of those categories. The fact that two appointees are Muslim shows how rare that is.

PERSONAL NOTE: If I am not mistaken, was it not devout Catholics who brought us the Spanish Inquisition, was it not devout Christians who brought us the genocide of millions of natives in what is now Haiti and the Dominican Republic, and was it not the Christians of Salem that brought us the Witch Trials? Blaming any religion for all the worst acts of its devotees is ridiculous, whether the devotees claim to be Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, or any other of the world's major beliefs.
    Oh come on Jeff, this is WEAK. None of those things happened within the past decade and some are hundreds of years old.

As for singling out 'devout' for a Muslim but not for any other religion, it's racism, pure and simple. But then, anyone who didn't think Obongo was racist had their eyes opened in the past week.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Sounds like foxes guarding the chickenhouse to me.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    As for singling out 'devout' for a Muslim but not for any other religion, it's racism, pure and simple. But then, anyone who didn't think Obongo was racist had their eyes opened in the past week.
    Julie,
    Being you are resident pro, expert on racism. I for one, defer to your superior knowledge on these matters.
    You once again nailed it girl. Please, please continue

You drive your point home without any doubt

Thank you, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    T

and was it not the Christians of Salem that brought us the Witch Trials? .
    1692 - The Salem Witchcraft Delusion. They were Puritans.

Helen Graves
    A direct descendant of Ann Pudeator
    who was hung for witchcraft at Salem, MA
    September 1692

Blaming any religion for all the worst acts of its devotees is ridiculous, whether the devotees claim to be Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, or any other of the world's major beliefs.[/QUOTE]

Methinks you might be incorrect reguarding Muslims - not all but a large majority have a mission.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Julie,
    Being you are resident pro, expert on racism. I for one, defer to your superior knowledge on these matters.
    You once again nailed it girl. Please, please continue

You drive your point home without any doubt

Thank you, JD
    OK, who all on POTUS place has had a post edited by the moderators because it was deemed racist? Raise your hands, please.

<<looking>>

<<looking>>

<<looking>>

<<only seeing one sheepishly raised hand in the back of the room...it has a hemp "Increase the Peace" bracelet hand-woven by Sedona artist Swami Lovemore, but I can't make out the owner of the hand>>

Who's that in the tie-dye dashiki shirt with their arm raised? Oh, ok. Thanks, JDog.

<<still looking>>

OK. Thanks. That's what I thought.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Methinks you might be incorrect reguarding Muslims - not all but a large majority have a mission
    Me thinks you don't know many or any Muslims. You are wrong.

Personally, few things worry me more than religious fanatics/fundamentalists in positions of power. A number of countries around the world have allowed themselves to become theocracies and that is frightening to me. The fact that most of those countries are Muslim is secondary. It is more frightening to me that there are those who seem to want to establish a theocracy in this country as well. Given our greater power, that is more frightening. The issue is not the religion; it is the willingness to justify otherwise heinous acts when you believe that you are serving a "higher power." In my mind, evil is defined by what you do, not why you claim to have done it.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 07-27-2009 at 08:58 AM.