The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: S P

  1. #1
    Senior Member brandywinelabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    717

    Default S P

    To the liberals in Hollywood: "We eat meat. Therefore we hunt." To the media: "Tell the truth". To the media again: The new governor has a nice family. Leave his kids alone!

    Gott love it!
    Last edited by brandywinelabs; 07-27-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    Greg W.

    Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

  2. #2
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,477

    Default

    Yes, great stuff, the Palin chronicles will now start a new chapter.

    I watched a bit of the speech and saw some clips. She is reminding me more and more of Michelle Bachmann.

  4. #4
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Yes, great stuff, the Palin chronicles will now start a new chapter.

    I watched a bit of the speech and saw some clips. She is reminding me more and more of Michelle Bachmann.
    Exactly my thoughts, Henry!
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  5. #5
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    I don't understand the whole thing. By her logic, anyone who is not running for re-election two years hence, should quit because they're lame ducks, ill-serving their constituency? She kind of impugned all lame-duck politicians in her speech.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't understand the whole thing. By her logic, anyone who is not running for re-election two years hence, should quit because they're lame ducks, ill-serving their constituency? She kind of impugned all lame-duck politicians in her speech.
    Yes, that's her logic, if you want to call it that. She is a walking and rambling contradiction, but that should not stop her from what I can tell. The Palintoligists clearly love her.

  7. #7
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Yes, that's her logic, if you want to call it that. She is a walking and rambling contradiction, but that should not stop her from what I can tell. The Palintoligists clearly love her.
    So you know all of the "facts" surrounding this decision?
    Or is this an opinion?
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #8
    Senior Member brandywinelabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    717

    Default

    I wonder how much she has hurt herself by blasting away as she did at the media. I am not sure she is a walking contradiction. Perhaps she gets too passionate about her stand on a subject. I do think we need more politicians willing to stand up for what they and the majority of their constituents believe. As she seems willing to do.
    Greg W.

    Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So you know all of the "facts" surrounding this decision?
    Or is this an opinion?
    First, RK could you please please point out where I or anyone in this thread purported to know why she made "this decision".

    Second, it seems to me this is about what she said in her speech. One of the reasons she gave for quitting, as she said in her farewell, was:
    It is because I love Alaska this much, sir (at heckler) that I feel it is my duty to avoid the unproductive, typical, politics as usual, lame duck session in one's last year in office. How does that benefit you? No, with this decision now, I will be able to fight even harder for you, for what is right, for truth. And I have never felt like you need a title to do that.
    dnf777 responded with
    I don't understand the whole thing. By her logic, anyone who is not running for re-election two years hence, should quit because they're lame ducks, ill-serving their constituency? She kind of impugned all lame-duck politicians in her speech.
    I simply agreed with that analysis. By the way, she could have run for governor again and this would not have been a lame duck period. It could have been a period to prove she was worth re-election.
    Last edited by Henry V; 07-28-2009 at 04:04 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brandywinelabs View Post
    I wonder how much she has hurt herself by blasting away as she did at the media. I am not sure she is a walking contradiction. Perhaps she gets too passionate about her stand on a subject. I do think we need more politicians willing to stand up for what they and the majority of their constituents believe. As she seems willing to do.
    I'll give her credit that she seemed honest and sincere in her speech. The hunting line was certainly sincere, but like you, I am not sure how it is helpful if she has national aspirations. The hunting community is not a national electoral juggernaut to say the least. Blasting the media all the time is good for the base but not much more, is it. If she really wanted to keep her family out of the spotlight, maybe next time she should not invite Good Morning America on a family fishing outing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •