The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Here we go again

Default Here we go again

100 MILLION dollar bonus!?!?!?!?!?!??????

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/to...ion-bonus.aspx
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

If Andrew Hall earned it as a part of his contract with Citigroup, I say pay the man!

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    100 MILLION dollar bonus!?!?!?!?!?!??????

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/to...ion-bonus.aspx
    Another reason why government should not be involved in making compensation decisions. The energy exchange market has been dominated by Phibro (which Citigroup acquired) for about 20 years. Energy exchanges are typified by extraordinarily high profits per person involved because of the nature of the business. What is less clear is how critical any single trader is to the maintenance of those profits. I'm not sure that a $100 million bonus is needed to preserve the business. However, that is appropriately a business, not a bureaucratic decision.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Another reason why government should not be involved in making compensation decisions. The energy exchange market has been dominated by Phibro (which Citigroup acquired) for about 20 years. Energy exchanges are typified by extraordinarily high profits per person involved because of the nature of the business. What is less clear is how critical any single trader is to the maintenance of those profits. I'm not sure that a $100 million bonus is needed to preserve the business. However, that is appropriately a business, not a bureaucratic decision.

I don't disagree that it is a business decision. I do question that ANYONE is worth that kind of money. A deal is a deal and I have always stood by that.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke