The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Having read most ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    First off, I meant you as in the plural of leftists and not you individually.

It is not about Obama. It is about the large number of people in this country who believe in collectivism and are hostile to liberty, who believe they are enlightened and think they know what is best for me, who would call me intolerant, but are unable to see their own intolerance. These people do not believe in our Constitution.

If Obama goes away, these people will still be electing tyrants like Pelosi, Feinstein and Waxman. I do not like the direction these people are pushing our country. Unless something changes, we are heading for a tripping point where we descend into chaos or more likely we slide into a Euro style social welfare state.
    When you say "these people" were you referring to the last administration where Bush said about the Constitution 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper' ?
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_7779.shtml

Whose actions have given more credence to the claim, Roger?

It's a shame that we have to compare them, given all the CHANGE that we were promised. Had we known what kind of CHANGE we were in for, I think it's reasonable to assume that Nov. '08 outcome might have been different.

Hoodwinked again regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Whose actions have given more credence to the claim, Roger?

It's a shame that we have to compare them, given all the CHANGE that we were promised. Had we known what kind of CHANGE we were in for, I think it's reasonable to assume that Nov. '08 outcome might have been different.

Hoodwinked again regards,

kg

As much as I would like to believe had the American people known, the outcome would have been different, I don't think so. Based on what we were given to support, I think the vast majority of conservatives had little choice in the election...kind of a deja vu for those of us that went through the Nixon/McGovern election.

What IS becoming amusing, regardless of the fall-on-the-sword liberal representation at RTF, is the witnessing of the many Obama voters, be they staunch Democrats, moderates or progressives...whatever they label themselves...that are fleeing the ship. They recognize the folley of this President's overwhelming desire to become the actual messiah he was jokingly referred to during the campaign.

Many of the people that supported him, are finally coming to their senses and realizing Obama doesn't give a damn for them...they are just the fodder for his rise to the throne. With the latest Obama invitation to rat on any American in disagreement with the messianic policies, I suspect my neighbors are reporting me at this moment.

With all the SFN crowd searching for any reason to receive the acceptance and accolades of their messiah, I'm wondering how many additional phone operators the White House has employed to keep up with this newest Obama program...RATGATE!

UB

BTW, KG, have you seceded from Chattanooga and expanded your horizons?
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    As much as I would like to believe had the American people known, the outcome would have been different, I don't think so. Based on what we were given to support, I think the vast majority of conservatives had little choice in the election...kind of a deja vu for those of us that went through the Nixon/McGovern election.
    Agreed. No Republican could have won this past election, except if Hillary had run...

What IS becoming amusing, regardless of the fall-on-the-sword liberal representation at RTF, is the witnessing of the many Obama voters, be they staunch Democrats, moderates or progressives...whatever they label themselves...that are fleeing the ship. They recognize the folley of this President's overwhelming desire to become the actual messiah he was jokingly referred to during the campaign.
    Indeed...and mid-term elections are gearing up. We have HOPE that sanity can be returned to Congress...

Many of the people that supported him, are finally coming to their senses and realizing Obama doesn't give a damn for them...they are just the fodder for his rise to the throne. With the latest Obama invitation to rat on any American in disagreement with the messianic policies, I suspect my neighbors are reporting me at this moment.
    I suspect the the "payout" that they expected and haven't received will be reason enough for them to support sanity in the next election...we can HOPE, anyway...

BTW, KG, have you seceded from Chattanooga and expanded your horizons?
    Not sure what you mean, Bill....

kg

Just funning you KG. Your 'info' used to claim Chattanooga, but now it sez "southeast US"...thus the "expanding your horizons" bit.

FWIW, I always secretly wanted to live in the Michigan peninsula, then I could answer those asking me where I was from, I could say, "Uppa US" in my best Italian dialect.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Most folks know where I hail from...I just prefer to claim the region....

kg