The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash for Clunkers

Default Cash for Clunkers

Has evidently run in to a myriad of administrative issues, may have to shut down!!

http://wcbstv.com/consumer/cash.clun...2.1108544.html

GARSHK!!!

Can't wait to see how the do with

HEALTH CARE!!
    Stan b & Elvis

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

I think that mostly the car dealers are the ones benefiting form the whole thing. They are selling cars, but you know good and well that probably half of the money is being stolen by the dealers on the trade in. Car dealers tend to be a honest bunch you know.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Has evidently run in to a myriad of administrative issues, may have to shut down!!

http://wcbstv.com/consumer/cash.clun...2.1108544.html

GARSHK!!!

Can't wait to see how the do with

HEALTH CARE!!
    That is exactly what a car dealer said in an interview on TV last night.

NO BHO CARE!

AARRGH!!!
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

I was and am definately not in favor of Cash for Clunkers. That said, it has probably done more to stimulate the economy than all the programs in the Porkulus package combined...and the effects of it were immediate and widespread. If they were smart they'd pull money out of the Porkulus program and use it to satisfy the Cash for Clunkers demand. And since they're dead set on mortgaging our future to buy our way out of recession now then they oughta convert more of the Porkulus package into similar Cash for... programs. Cash for Old Boats. Cash for Old Decoys. Cash for Washed up Retrievers. Cash for Dysplastic Dogs. etc.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

How about Cash for Lunch at the White House!!

Did you see where the White House is charging business leaders for lunch? White House staffers are collecting credit card numbers from executives and billing them for the cost of the meal with the President.

I wonder if President Nifong charged the cop and the professor for their beer?

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I was and am definately not in favor of Cash for Clunkers. That said, it has probably done more to stimulate the economy than all the programs in the Porkulus package combined...and the effects of it were immediate and widespread. If they were smart they'd pull money out of the Porkulus program and use it to satisfy the Cash for Clunkers demand. And since they're dead set on mortgaging our future to buy our way out of recession now then they oughta convert more of the Porkulus package into similar Cash for... programs. Cash for Old Boats. Cash for Old Decoys. Cash for Washed up Retrievers. Cash for Dysplastic Dogs. etc.

Hummm....how old would the boat have to be. Mine is about 5 now and I would love a gov upgrade. What about for EIC dogs? Labradoodles?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Also to note ... increased car sales = a good chunk of change into State revenues from sales tax.

And what about cash incentives for other capital investments for conserving energy? Upgrading a heating/cooling system? There is a Federal 30% tax credit for solar and wind additions ... but even taking out old "clunker" oil and gas furnaces would be a big help. There are natural gas furnaces that are 98% efficient, but they are considerably more expensive than those less efficient. Why not give people the "difference" if they install the more expensive, but about 12% more efficient furnace?

I guess they saw one thing from this ... money talks ... I'm sure you all know the rest of that phrase
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Here is the deal...

The Goobs set aside 1 billion for C for C, figuring on average that would cover 250,000 new vehicle sales. The program started on 7/24 and dealers had already delivered 25,000 units with an estimated 20,000 deals still in progress. The goobs got scared that by the end of the weekend that they would go over the 250,000 units. Basically, they paniced and pulled the plug on the incentives for 14 hours. I would expect all the original 1 billion gone by the 15th of August.

The clunkers, when taken in by the dealerships must have the engines perminently frozen by running a chemical in them for 20 minutes. Then, the non-drivable clunker is sold to a scarp yard and that scrap money goes back to the goobs.

To qualify;
    Must prove insurance and ownership of the clunker for one year.
    Must be a 1985 or newer model.
    The new vehicle must get better than 22 mpg's
    The clunker must get 17 mpg's or less.

The goobs are promising the dealers that they will get thier money in less than 30 days(3,500-4,500 depending on the clunker).
    I think the panic came when the goobs realized that they would have to send actual money to the dealers and not just some try of paper credit.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    And what about cash incentives for other capital investments for conserving energy? Upgrading a heating/cooling system? There is a Federal 30% tax credit for solar and wind additions ... but even taking out old "clunker" oil and gas furnaces would be a big help. There are natural gas furnaces that are 98% efficient, but they are considerably more expensive than those less efficient. Why not give people the "difference" if they install the more expensive, but about 12% more efficient furnace?

I guess they saw one thing from this ... money talks ... I'm sure you all know the rest of that phrase
    In the interest of providing some additional information, perhap you should take a look at http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...edits.tx_index. Also, check with your local utilities and state energy offices. They have rebates in addition to the federal ones sometimes. There are all sorts of rebates, etc, for changing heating systems, upgrading refrigerators, etc. I even think much of this stuff originated or was increased under a previous administration. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    In the interest of providing some additional information, perhap you should take a look at http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...edits.tx_index. Also, check with your local utilities and state energy offices. They have rebates in addition to the federal ones sometimes. There are all sorts of rebates, etc, for changing heating systems, upgrading refrigerators, etc. I even think much of this stuff originated or was increased under a previous administration. Imagine that.

Yes, I have checked this out. Pennsylvania is not giving any credits for anything except geothermal systems, which, in these parts would cost a minimum of $25K. Also there are some rebates for schools and municipal buildings, but not as much for consumers.

I sort of wonder why the $4500 rebate thing is working so well. It has been common for local dealers to offer the same thing at $3000. Also more effective with cars because of their shorter life span. If someone put in a new heating system 3 years ago, they expect it to last 15 or 20 years, so the incentive to replace it would have to be greater.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.