The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Any kind of coal. What scares me is that Osama will soon try to ban wood stoves as his next act.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

What I really would like to see is all the global warming folks actually put out or shut up. Algores 100 foot boat is not solar powered. It may charge the batteries and keep the beer box cold. If you are in favor of this the sell you car turn off the electric and gas and have a nice day. Dont be a high and might cause you passed me doing 80 in your prius and before you ask this winter no I wont pull you out. If you really believe that crap and want to do something about it unplug. If not the hot air that you are spouting is only adding to the so called problem. If you are not willing to unplug then you sure dont have any right to tell me my Jet Ski is causing global warming. BTW it 250 H.P. and goes almost 70. Also I dont want to hear any whining when cap and tax causes prices to skyrocket.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brandywinelabs View Post
    Gore's movie is banned in British classrooms due to the number of false facts. Then how much of what we hear from our media and politicians in the USA is fact?
    I have heard too much that makes me skepticle of what we are presented with from our politicians and media. Sure we need to be proactive. But it seems we are being rather extreme in our handling of this situation.
    ALL British classrooms, or just the socially sequestered schools like the ones we have here than "ban" evolution and women's rights issues?

I don't get my scientific information from politicians (or deceased sci-fi writers). Peer-reviewed journals, and Colleges and Academies of scientific organizations. As I said before, even the scientists that were on the take, now have recanted and stated beyond any doubt that global climate change is real and upon us, at much greater rates than previously thought. Currently, no legitimate, peer-reviewed scientist that is not an employee of petroleum companies or their agents, rebukes global warming. Just like round earth, you gotta admit eventually, it's true!

Here's a European essay on climate change that's probably not banned in their classrooms:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...onference-poll
    Last edited by dnf777; 08-03-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: link
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ALL British classrooms, or just the socially sequestered schools like the ones we have here than "ban" evolution and women's rights issues?

I don't get my scientific information from politicians (or deceased sci-fi writers). Peer-reviewed journals, and Colleges and Academies of scientific organizations. As I said before, even the scientists that were on the take, now have recanted and stated beyond any doubt that global climate change is real and upon us, at much greater rates than previously thought. Currently, no legitimate, peer-reviewed scientist that is not an employee of petroleum companies or their agents, rebukes global warming. Just like round earth, you gotta admit eventually, it's true!

I think a lot of scintist have gone back the other way as well. Especially the ones that were trapped in the ice thats not suppossed to be there.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

In order for the film to be shown, the Government must first amend their Guidance Notes to Teachers to make clear that 1.) The Film is a political work and promotes only one side of the argument. 2.) If teachers present the Film without making this plain they may be in breach of section 406 of the Education Act 1996 and guilty of political indoctrination. 3.) Nine inaccuracies have to be specifically drawn to the attention of school children.

Last I heard the gevernment had not undertaken the steps to do the above.
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

What have any of the global warming supporters here on the RTF done to help such as wind, solar or carbon credits ?????

I am really interested.

Gore's movie is banned in British classrooms due to the number of false facts. Then how much of what we hear from our media and politicians in the USA is fact?
    I have heard too much that makes me skepticle of what we are presented with from our politicians and media. Sure we need to be proactive. But it seems we are being rather extreme in our handling of this situation.
    This isn't true. The judge's opinion is more accurately summarized in this story from the Washington Post:

"High Court Judge Michael Burton, deciding a lawsuit that questioned the film's suitability for showing in British classrooms, said Wednesday that the movie builds a "powerful" case that global warming is caused by humans and that urgent means are needed to counter it.

But he also said Gore makes nine statements in the film that are not supported by current mainstream scientific consensus. Teachers, Burton concluded, could show the film but must alert students to what the judge called errors." [Emphasis added]

Again, I guess it depends on where you get your facts.
    The Wash Post - talk about being in the politicians pocket!
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I think a lot of scintist have gone back the other way as well. Especially the ones that were trapped in the ice thats not suppossed to be there.
    Not aware of any, other than those on the petroleum payrolls. Local climate trends do not constitute global climate change. That would be like stating that Austin Tx's record breaking July temps PROVE global warming. They do not.

Ask George W Bush. Before leaving office, he admitted that global climate change is due to human activity. Or maybe he was just pandering to the more central republicans who accepted this reality. The following is from FoxNews, fair and balanced reporting:

WASHINGTON — President Bush called on the world's worst polluters to come together to set a goal for reducing the greenhouse gas emissions that are causing the climate to heat up. He didn't exempt his own country from the list.

"By setting this goal, we acknowledge there is a problem, and by setting this goal, we commit ourselves to doing something about it," Bush said in a speech that capped two days of talks at a White House-sponsored climate change conference. "We share a common responsibility: to reduce greenhouse gas emissions while keeping our economies growing."

bold emphasis is mine, words are W's
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Again, I guess it depends on where you get your facts.
    The Wash Post - talk about being in the politicians pocket!
    Then how is this from the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/7037671.stm):

"Mr Justice Burton said he had no complaint about Gore's central thesis that climate change was happening and was being driven by emissions from humans. However, the judge said nine statements in the film were not supported by mainstream scientific consensus."

"In his final verdict, the judge said the film could be shown as long as updated guidelines were followed."

This is the source being quoted by all the conservative newspapers which leave out the judge's comments about the general credibility of Gore's thesis while questioning certain specific statements of fact. In fact, the movie was sent to all UK public schools along with a CD containing additional information from the Ministry of Education including materials providing the clarifications requested by the judge.