The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

It is a shame that they took the movie off. There were a number of scientists on there including a founding member of Greenpeace.

The main points that they argued is that the CO2 rise that Algore referred to was after the earth warmed and was caused by oceans releasing CO2. It is a fact that the solubility of CO2 decreases with increasing temperature. They also pointed out that the main greenhouse gas is water vapor and that CO2 is a relatively small contributor.

The earth was much warmer before the little ice age hit. We had been warming up from that and the majority of warming in the 1900s took place before 1940, then we cooled down (they were talking about the next ice age in the mid 70s) before warming again. Since 1999 we have been cooling.

There is no need for scientific consensus if you can prove your theory, but they can't. You can worry about scientists paid by oil companies, I worry about the ones paid by government.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It is an 8 part movie. Should be able to find the next part in the related videos section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMA6sszChwQ
    What oil company do you work for??
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    None. What environmental group do you shill for.

Keep in mind that I live on this planet too.

Who on here believes an attorney practicing outside his profession over a Biosystems Engineer that is qualified to discuss a global con?
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

None. What environmental group do you shill for.

Keep in mind that I live on this planet too.
    None!

Get your toosh out in the wild and do some hunting, fishing or what ever you do outdoors besides barbeque on Sundays. Be a little observant and open minded. It doesn't take to many years to see that things are changing very fast.
    Zeus

None!

Get your toosh out in the wild and do some hunting, fishing or what ever you do outdoors besides barbeque on Sundays. Be a little observant and open minded. It doesn't take to many years to see that things are changing very fast.
    You don't have a clue who I am or what I do. You are one of these arrogant people who think the world is supposed to stay just like it was you when you born. You aren't that important.

You don't have a clue who I am or what I do. You are one of these arrogant people who think the world is supposed to stay just like it was you when you born. You aren't that important.

Get a little arched up when someone disagrees there, Steve? Oh well, I can see those who believe they are God or are His voice, can believe in the insignificance of others.
    Zeus

Zeus, Is working for a oil company evil ? Do you own anything that has a internal combustion engine ? Do you own anything plastic ? How is you house heated and cooled ?

I am still waiting to read all about how the global warming supporters are doing to personally fix it. The silence of hypocracy is defening.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Zeus, Is working for a oil company evil ? Do you own anything that has a internal combustion engine ? Do you own anything plastic ? How is you house heated and cooled ?

I am still waiting to read all about how the global warming supporters are doing to personally fix it. The silence of hypocracy is defening.
    Your using the old debate tactic of reductio ad absurdum...offering two alternatives, yours, or a complete exaggeration of the opponents position. Reminiscent of "you're either with us, or with the terrorists". That tactic works in a debate only if your opponent doesn't catch and refute the exaggerated claims.

I believe in global climate change as a result of human activity. And I enjoy toting my dog around in my GMC 2500HD, having a warm home, and most of the other luxuries that we as Americans have come to enjoy. I am trying to do what I can to reduce my energy consumption in ways that don't sacrafice the "good life" too much, and that if we had a mass effect across the population, would make a significant difference.

ie, in the winter time, I wear sweat pants and a sweater instead of shorts and t-shirts in the house, thus reducting the thermostat by about 6 degrees. I'm NOT living in an adobe hut burning llama dung to save energy! We just replaced a monster of an oil-burner with a ultra-high-efficiency propane boiler. Saves a couple hundred a month. Should break even in two years, then the savings start.

For daily commutes, I am looking to a more fuel efficient people carrier (honda civic or subaru) instead of driving my truck. I'm NOT wearing out sandals (non-petroleum derived organic shoes) walking to work each day!

See, there are SMALL things that can be done without making HUGE sacrafices, that if done across the board, will add up to significant reduction in greenhouse emissions.

At this point, I'm happy just to have folks admit that global warming is real, and a result of our activity since the industrial revolution. At least George W agrees on that point!
    Last edited by dnf777; 08-04-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: really bad typos
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

[QUOTE= In fact, the movie was sent to all UK public schools along with a CD containing additional information from the Ministry of Education including materials providing the clarifications requested by the judge.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't read that but I will believe you. It still points out that to make a point some will do anything. I guess that is kind of normal. Seems to happen here too. Back to what I inferred before. Who do you trust? Those with the agenda/special interest/hypocrits or other sources who may also be biased the other way. I trend toward the other sources. JMHO
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)