The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

  1. #31
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Zeus, Is working for a oil company evil ? Do you own anything that has a internal combustion engine ? Do you own anything plastic ? How is you house heated and cooled ?

    I am still waiting to read all about how the global warming supporters are doing to personally fix it. The silence of hypocracy is defening.
    Working for an oil company is not inherently bad, but their continued loud mouthed campaign to discredit climate change is self serving and disingenuous.

    I have driven econo-boxes for years. We use public transportation as well. I have installed energy efficient equipment, siding, and windows in my house to save energy. We have been installing energy efficient lighting.

    When alternatives to hydro-carbon fuels become available I will adopt those as well.

    But then you deny that change is happening. You attack those who see the change as hypocrites. Aren't you being a bit hypocritical for attacking people for not doing anything about a situation you say doesn't exist?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 08-04-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  2. #32
    Senior Member Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Get a little arched up when someone disagrees there, Steve? Oh well, I can see those who believe they are God or are His voice, can believe in the insignificance of others.
    You made it personal by assuming things about me.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

  3. #33
    Senior Member Steve Amrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    I am not saying change does not exist. What I am saying is the zealots that want me to change my habits or tax what I do are hypocrites. If you say climate change is warming the planet and think that you can do things to help improve it than thats OK. I think the argument or topic is not fully provable. I also think things like cash for clunkers are counter productive. How much energy was used to build the cars that are being traded in? Lots of folks would love to have a running car to improve their own lifestyle. I do myself try and conserve energy, money and recycle. Not because I have to because some politician says I have to. The problem I have with this is blowhards showing up on jets at a global warming summit using more fuel in 1 hour than I will use in my and my families lifetime telling me how my SUV is ruining the planet and I am the bad guy. Or borrowing money from China because of their poor management. BTW where is the push to boycott China and all countries that are far polluters worse than the US. Now someone heating with lama dung, wearing hemp clothes, does not use 1 bit of energy or ad to the climate change problem tells me that I am killing the planet I may actually listen. He may be smelly and have a poor quality of life ( IMHO) but certainly walks the walk. It to me is no different than the elites in Washington telling me what type of medical care I am to get when they are exempt.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

  4. #34
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I am not saying change does not exist. What I am saying is the zealots that want me to change my habits or tax what I do are hypocrites. If you say climate change is warming the planet and think that you can do things to help improve it than thats OK. I think the argument or topic is not fully provable. I also think things like cash for clunkers are counter productive. How much energy was used to build the cars that are being traded in? Lots of folks would love to have a running car to improve their own lifestyle. I do myself try and conserve energy, money and recycle. Not because I have to because some politician says I have to. The problem I have with this is blowhards showing up on jets at a global warming summit using more fuel in 1 hour than I will use in my and my families lifetime telling me how my SUV is ruining the planet and I am the bad guy. Or borrowing money from China because of their poor management. BTW where is the push to boycott China and all countries that are far polluters worse than the US. Now someone heating with lama dung, wearing hemp clothes, does not use 1 bit of energy or ad to the climate change problem tells me that I am killing the planet I may actually listen. He may be smelly and have a poor quality of life ( IMHO) but certainly walks the walk. It to me is no different than the elites in Washington telling me what type of medical care I am to get when they are exempt.
    Steve,
    As asked I gave examples of non-lifestyle altering efforts I make to reduce my energy consumption. I in no way proport that we should live in huts and smoke dung, but that's about the opposite extreme of what we hear from some, that GW does not even exist. Those are chiefly people who profit of of me and you continuing to burn fossil fuels.

    Admitting there is an issue, and taking reasonable steps to ameliorate the problem is common sense. Flat out denying and ridiculing those who take that position is irresponsible and burying heads in the sand. Even W admits it.

    Its time to put politics aside, look at the issue realistically, and come up with solutions we can all live with. When there's billions of dollars at stake, I seriously doubt we'll put politics aside though.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #35
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    I agree with dnf's post above. We don't have to go back lighting with candles or riding bicycles. But, smart, heads up changes in the way we do things can make a difference without a noticeable change in lifestyle. In fact, it may put some green in your jeans as well.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 08-04-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  6. #36
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I agree with dnf's post above. We don't have to go back lighting with candles or riding bicycles. But, smart, heads up changes in the way we do things can make a difference without a noticeable change in lifestyle. In fact, in may put some green in your jeans as well.
    I was really pissed when my wife insisted I did NOT need a Gator XUV to set wingers and blinds, that I would benefit from the exercise. If anyone has any successful replies to this one, please share.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #37
    Senior Member kjrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,410

    Default

    I posted this a while ago and it pulls back the curtain on Al Gore's scam.

    http://www.newswithviews.com/DeWeese/tom112.htm
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

  8. #38
    Senior Member twall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't get my scientific information from politicians (or deceased sci-fi writers). Peer-reviewed journals, and Colleges and Academies of scientific organizations.
    This sounds good but peer-reviewed is not always what it sounds like. When the "peers" all have the same belief system and are trying pushing the same agenda as the reviewed reasarch it is not free of bias. Research dollars drive the research projects. Funding agencies decide what research they will fund.

    Tom
    Tom Wall

  9. #39
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    This sounds good but peer-reviewed is not always what it sounds like. When the "peers" all have the same belief system and are trying pushing the same agenda as the reviewed reasarch it is not free of bias. Research dollars drive the research projects. Funding agencies decide what research they will fund.

    Tom
    that is so true. It may actually be one of the biggest hidden problems.
    when I read medical journal articles that are favorable to a particular drug, then see full-page, end-page glossy ads in the same journal, it makes me wonder...

    Even more devious is choosing what articles NOT to publish. When you fund research, often you own pubishing rights (and burying rights).

    I would add though, that large, international organizations with large, diverse, memberships would find it hard to build a conspiracy consensus, and promote that without being revealed!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Coppell, TX by way of Southern Illinois
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I was really pissed when my wife insisted I did NOT need a Gator XUV to set wingers and blinds, that I would benefit from the exercise. If anyone has any successful replies to this one, please share.
    Do we really need to explain the permission/forgiveness axiom to you

    When having those discussions with the spousal unit ALWAYS use the past tense explaining what you ALREADY did. If she doesn't get over it she didn't really love you.

Similar Threads

  1. Is Global Warming Over?
    By subroc in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 05:03 PM
  2. global warming
    By subroc in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 07:46 AM
  3. Almost as believable as global warming GDG
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
  4. Global Warming Talk
    By Steve in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 04:31 PM
  5. Global Warming???
    By badbullgator in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •