The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I Spy

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    No...no. You don't.

What ever made you think the internet was a private place?
    Not the same thing at all. Let me add malware, keystroke loggers, and trackers to your computers. I bet you'd like that fine.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

There is only so much energy in a gallon of gas, Dave. The mileage you get equates to weight/load/speed. We can want better, more fuel efficient PU's, but we aren't likely to get it in heavy trucks with internal combustion engines. I'm ready to load a crate in my Mini-Cooper, anybody else? My image at the line has more to do with the dog work than the ride I arrive in.

JD

Ah but heres the thing. My 8,000 lb duramax is bumping up against 20 mpg. Let say the mini gets 40 it tips the scales at 2500 with your dogs stuff in it. The mini would have to get 70 MPG to see the same efficiancy per pound/Gal. If you wanted the mini hauled to the trial it may take away 3-4 mpg. Its all relative since everyone is paying 40 cents a gallon fuel tax ad ad a nickel for diesel. BTW one can still convert fry greese for around 90 cents a gallon. If I was a dealer I would by a stand alone laptop that only went to their site and when finished with the program put in the trunk of the last clunker on the way to the shredder.

I will give access to the feds if I can have access to acorns computor system.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

There is only so much energy in a gallon of gas, Dave. The mileage you get equates to weight/load/speed. We can want better, more fuel efficient PU's, but we aren't likely to get it in heavy trucks with internal combustion engines. I'm ready to load a crate in my Mini-Cooper, anybody else? My image at the line has more to do with the dog work than the ride I arrive in.

JD
    Of course there are limitations, but we are nowhere near the maximum efficiency of the int. combustion engine. I was using the example the other post mentioned of 50+mpg in the past, and extrapolating that to our trucks. I"ll stand by my bet that someday we will see those better numbers...
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    If so you are dumber than I thought.
    Please code3, let loose, please tell us what you really think. Don't hold back, let it all go. I suspect you harbour a simmering fear and anger, that must be released, and if not, maybe directed towards violence in
    some other venue. I hope not to hear of you on some evening broadcast, after shooting x # of innocent victims, before turning the gun on yourself.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you brother.

JD

Smilie added for emphasis
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift