The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Spy

Patriot Act under Bush=Bad, gives gubmint too much power.
    Spying through computer under Obama= Good, bad bad business need to be controlled.
    Got it.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

So If I get rid of my wopping 17 mile per gallon car to get a wopping 22 mpg car will I save the environment and balance the budget.
    Who of you are fooled by this folly

In 79 my diesel rabbit got 52mpg and my neigbors 80s model geo metro got 60.mpg

So in 30 years we have turned into genieses thinking our 22 - 40 mpg cars including hybrids are are oh so special.

its all a crock of jit.

Things are becoming so rediculous there not worth argueing or debating about anymore.

p

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Got it.
    No...no. You don't.

What ever made you think the internet was a private place?
    Last edited by JDogger; 08-05-2009 at 10:39 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    So in 30 years we have turned into genieses thinking our 22 - 40 mpg cars including hybrids are are oh so special.
    p
    Why do you think that is? I can guarantee you that if I could get my truck (GMC 2500HD) with similar HP, 30MPG, for nearly the same price...I'd be at the dealer when they open tomorrow. I'd be willing to pay a little extra even.

Gas prices WILL go up again someday. Americans WILL want more fuel efficient vehicles. Automakers have (as you pointed out) made care MORE efficient that what we have now, already. What are we missing here? What's stopping the "free" market from bringing what we want to market?

I honestly don't know.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Why do you think that is? I can guarantee you that if I could get my truck (GMC 2500HD) with similar HP, 30MPG, for nearly the same price...I'd be at the dealer when they open tomorrow. I'd be willing to pay a little extra even.

Gas prices WILL go up again someday. Americans WILL want more fuel efficient vehicles. Automakers have (as you pointed out) made care MORE efficient that what we have now, already. What are we missing here? What's stopping the "free" market from bringing what we want to market?

I honestly don't know.
    Cause we don't want it. Ever count how many F-350 Power strokes and 3500 Duramax diesels are at your local FT/HT that aren't pulling a thing? Really...you don't know? Guess.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Cause we don't want it. Ever count how many F-350 Power strokes and 3500 Duramax diesels are at your local FT/HT that aren't pulling a thing? Really...you don't know? Guess.

JD
    I understand your point. But my point is why don't we have Duramax and F350s that get 35mpg? I'll bet you an RC and a moonpie that we will someday, and I'll also bet the technology is already on the books in Detroit. And when gas/fuel is $5+ per gallon again, people will want them.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

JD
    OMG the SIN!!! All those rich folks drivin they pimped out rides; somebody needs to pull the plug. I sure hope Obongo does something about that. Maybe the gubmint should tax the hell out of them so they have to trade in those clunkers and go gitt'm all some little econoboxes. Think of all that money that could be redistributed!

You've sunk to a new low JDog, attacking field trialers and hunt testers for what they drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    You've sunk to a new low JDog, attacking field trialers and hunt testers for what they drive.
    It's what I drive Julie. How did you read Attack into what I wrote? JD

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I understand your point. But my point is why don't we have Duramax and F350s that get 35mpg? I'll bet you an RC and a moonpie that we will someday, and I'll also bet the technology is already on the books in Detroit. And when gas/fuel is $5+ per gallon again, people will want them.
    There is only so much energy in a gallon of gas, Dave. The mileage you get equates to weight/load/speed. We can want better, more fuel efficient PU's, but we aren't likely to get it in heavy trucks with internal combustion engines. I'm ready to load a crate in my Mini-Cooper, anybody else? My image at the line has more to do with the dog work than the ride I arrive in.

JD

Yep. If that private business is doing business with the government, you betcha. Medicare and medicaid providers should also be closely monitored. Same goes for non-bidding defense contractors.
    So you are saying if I am a business owner that sells shock collars to a department of the federal government that they should be allowed to look at what is on my computer?

If so you are dumber than I thought.

By the way, this is the case and I will be damned if I would ever let them look at my personal information in this way. To think, the left was worried about scary Dick Cheney and Bush.
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 08-06-2009 at 04:12 PM.