The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AARP gets earful from ticked off seniors

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Looks to me like the right wing intends to bully it's way back into power.
    C'mon Buzz....the fricking Dems wrote the book on bullying.....there was not one instance of physical violence till the fricking union goons showed up in Florida last night and what they did to that black guy deserves WAY more attention than what that a$$hole Harvard professor got.

But we won't see a god-dammed thing on network news about it.

So, shove your left wing tendancies where the sun never shines.

You pompous SOB.

How's that for Bullying??!!
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Sorry for venting....but I ain't gonna take anything back.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I think it is funny that the disciples of the community organizer are having such a fit over communities organizing.
    Are these groups that are making a fuss any less legitimate because they are republicans/independents or what have you. I guess you opinion does not count if it is against what the great community organizer tells you you should be for.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

I guess dissent is the highest form of patriotism only when we're at war and only when Bush is president. And none of that speaking truth to power stuff...there's a democrat in office now, dammit!
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Our senior citizens are beginning to wake up to what's happening to them under Dear Leader and his guerillas. Unfortunately they're being roughed-up by the fascists who are now showing up at these Town Hall meetings on Dear Leader's orders.

And with Dear Leader's CastroCare the government will have real-time access to your finances, including direct access to bank accounts for electronic funds transfers and they'll also be able to garnish wages...just in case YOU think YOU can get away with not paying your hospital bill or your CastroCare premium. Probably jail time, too.

We live in Cuba now.
    The Perfect Solution to Senior Health Care

While discussing the upcoming Universal Health Care Program with my friend the other day, I think we have found the solution. I am sure you have heard the ideas that if youíre a senior you need to suck it up and give up the idea that you need any health care. A new hip? Unheard of. We simply can't afford to take care of you anymore. You don't need any medications for your high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, etc. Letís take care of the young people. After all, they will be ruling the world very soon.

So here is the solution. When you turn 65, you get a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot 2 senators and 2 representatives. Of course, you will be sent to prison where you will get 3 meals a day, a roof over your head and all the health care you need! New teeth, great! Need glasses, no problem. New hip, knee, kidney, lung, heart? Well bring it on. And who will be paying for all of this? The same government that just told you that you are too old for health care. And, since you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income tax.
    And if we all do our part we can end up in the same prison and have one hell of a social life.

Our senior citizens are beginning to wake up to what's happening to them under Dear Leader and his guerillas. Unfortunately they're being roughed-up by the fascists who are now showing up at these Town Hall meetings on Dear Leader's orders.

And with Dear Leader's CastroCare the government will have real-time access to your finances, including direct access to bank accounts for electronic funds transfers and they'll also be able to garnish wages...just in case YOU think YOU can get away with not paying your hospital bill or your CastroCare premium. Probably jail time, too.

We live in Cuba now.
    I'm still trying to figure out what part of the health bills restricts health care for the elderly, what part puts the government into the business of providing your health care directly, and what part gives the government access to the bank accounts of private citizens (by the way, did you have your last check from the IRS deposited directly to your bank?). By the way, the government can garnishee your wages now as can any other creditor including doctors and hospitals, but I see no mention of this authority in HR 3200. And if made up complaints are just a way of life, I understand.....

Goose is a Cuban now!

We live in Cuba now.
    Sounds like they had the framers of divorce court design what you describe!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Jeff-

Perhaps you'll answer the question I put in the other thread.

"How are you going to treat more people with the same number of doctors with less money?"

There, I've reduced the issues with the 1018 page bill to a single sentence.

Answer: It can't be done. The basic concept of project management is that resources, time, and specifications are balanced. If you want to speed up the project, you put more resources against it or you sacrifice quality or both. If you want to save money on a project, you lengthen the time or sacrifice quality.

Same concept here. If you're going to treat more people you either increase the doctors or increase the money or both. But wait.....we're going to reduce the money and keep the physicians the same.

Eric

A few months back Chuck U Schumer proposed giving every newly born baby in America a $500 treasury bond...just for being born. A little money just to get started with.

I'm thinking we could use this same idea and help Dear Leader rid the country of the elderly surplus population and put some coin in the survivor's pocket.

At a certain age (say 65) if you are sickly and surviving only on CastroCare dollars Dear Leader could offer to pay your family (say $10,000) if you would agree to terminate your life. That way he could be done with you and your family gets a few bucks to keep the economy going. It's a win-win!! Reduced surplus population, coin for the family and as a bonus fewer social security dollars wasted.

And to put pressure on Mr/Mrs Sickly the $10,000 drops by $1,000 for every year you put off termination.

But Julie's idea is much better. That's genius.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    C'mon Buzz....the fricking Dems wrote the book on bullying.....there was not one instance of physical violence till the fricking union goons showed up in Florida last night and what they did to that black guy deserves WAY more attention than what that a$$hole Harvard professor got.

But we won't see a god-dammed thing on network news about it.

So, shove your left wing tendancies where the sun never shines.

You pompous SOB.

How's that for Bullying??!!
    Very nice.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I. By the way, the government can garnishee your wages now as can any other creditor including doctors and hospitals, but I see no mention of this authority in HR 3200. !

Since when and in what state can a hospital or doctor now garnish your wages? Never heard of that one or maybe your just blowing smoke again.
    They can send you a collections notice, ruin your credit and sue you (but rarely do). The courts may order garnishment if you don't pay your bills.

If you lefties are so bright explain to me who is going to run the hospitals when all of their patient's bills are paid at the medicare rate. Right now our hospitals and ER's are over crowded as is, how is this going to help? How many doctors are going to quit practicing medicine when their pay is capped?