The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Gov Palin on Osamacare

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    You know, you are the first to mention this.
    The 4th branch of the Govt. (mainstream media) tore her to peices for her exposing the "death panels" for the elderly.

All the lefty's laughed, made fun of how foolish she was and how she made it all up etc. etc. etc.

2 days later the Senate removed that portion of their bill.

Now, maybe the bloviating pontificater could take about 5 paragraphs and a couple charts to explain to me how the Senate can remove the part of the bill that Palin MADE UP!!

just asking??
    Wow, speaking of making things up................ where should I begin. Let's start with the time frame issue first. Palin made her quote I believe last Sunday, The Senate left Washington the previous Friday. Now if you could explain to me how "they" removed an item from proposed legislation when they weren't in session, then I certainly would like to hear it. (I am also interested in knowing what section of the Senate bill you are speaking of if there is even one. See next) Second , and I am not even really sure how to interpret this, You have Grassley saying he took something out of the Bill and then on the other hand you have Macaskill saying there isn't any bill at all. I am sure there is some political double talk from one of them that I am missing just not sure which one right now
    Finally if your of the belief that end of life counseling is in some way a death panel then frankly your grip on reality is slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Wow, speaking of making things up................ where should I begin. Let's start with the time frame issue first. Palin made her quote I believe last Sunday, The Senate left Washington the previous Friday. Now if you could explain to me how "they" removed an item from proposed legislation when they weren't in session, then I certainly would like to hear it. (I am also interested in knowing what section of the Senate bill you are speaking of if there is even one. See next) Second , and I am not even really sure how to interpret this, You have Grassley saying he took something out of the Bill and then on the other hand you have Macaskill saying there isn't any bill at all. I am sure there is some political double talk from one of them that I am missing just not sure which one right now

Finally if your of the belief that end of life counseling is in some way a death panel then frankly your grip on reality is slipping.
    I will find the article and you can read it, then change your spin.

Sounds like no one on your side knows what the other one is doing.
    Including you..

Start reading up, there is much to be learned, I just didn't realize it was on me to teach you!!??!!??

It will be my plaesure.

Oh, and maybe I could go before you "end of life counseling" (death panel) because YOU think my grip on reality is slipping.

My defense is at least I HAD one!!
    Now, I have to search the article out, I didn't save it.
    Stan b & Elvis

[QUOTE=road kill;485753]
    I will find the article and you can read it, then change your spin.
    not sure which point you are trying to prove but I will read any of your references.

Start reading up, there is much to be learned, I just didn't realize it was on me to teach you!!??!!??
    I agree, I am just trying to figure out the bs from the facts. I
    have an open mind if you think you can teach me anything then go ahead however please don't waste my time with info that is demonstrably falsei and would have been discovered with a little fact checking or some critical thinking.

Oh, and maybe I could go before you "end of life counseling" (death panel) because YOU think my grip on reality is slipping.
    feel free to tell me why you think end of life counseling is a death panel.

My defense is at least I HAD one
    !!

What are you talking about............... you provided no defense for anything you said. Just show me some facts.

You know, you are the first to mention this.
    The 4th branch of the Govt. (mainstream media) tore her to peices for her exposing the "death panels" for the elderly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    She was a one woman gang who eviscerated a creepy, Orwellian aspect of ObamaCare to the extent that the Senate struck it from their version. Hopefully she'll "put her foot in her mouth" on other aspects of this liberal-concocted power grab.
    And the outright falsehoods continue. Could one of you point to the provisions of the house bill that outline "DEATH PANELS"? It is complete nonsense and fear mongering. There was a provision in the bill to authorize payments for end of life counseling. Something that makes great sense and should be encouraged. How this got stretched to a death panel is beyond belief. Unfortunately, the fear mongering is working, for now.............

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    And the outright falsehoods continue. Could one of you point to the provisions of the house bill that outline "DEATH PANELS"? It is complete nonsense and fear mongering. There was a provision in the bill to authorize payments for end of life counseling. Something that makes great sense and should be encouraged. How this got stretched to a death panel is beyond belief. Unfortunately, the fear mongering is working, for now.............
    Henry, you seem to be a reasonable fellow, and you say things very reasonably; I agree with you that it is reasonable that doctors should be able to counsel patients on end of life decisions, and I agree it is reasonable that they should be paid for it.

It seems to me that what alarms folks is not necessarily the verbatim text of the bill, but that government quickly becomes unreasonable when given the power to do just about anything.

Doctors should be paid for consulting with their patients on anything the doctor and patient believe is important to quality of care. Leave the details out of the hands of legislators and out of the pages of legislation.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    And the outright falsehoods continue. Could one of you point to the provisions of the house bill that outline "DEATH PANELS"? It is complete nonsense and fear mongering.
    You can find the "Death Panels" section immediately before the "Pull the Plug On Granny" chapter, and immediately after the "Govt. Will Be the Single Payer" section.

Unfortunately, the fear mongering is working, for now.............
    <<sniff>> <<sniff>> I smell flop sweat. You may want to beat the rush on Ebay and hawk all those Franklin Mint limited edition "official" Obama Inauguration Coins you "invested" in now before the bottom completely drops out of the market. If you hold 'em much longer you're going to end up like Randolph and Mortimer Duke.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    It seems to me that what alarms folks is not necessarily the verbatim text of the bill, but that government quickly becomes unreasonable when given the power to do just about anything.
    Exactly.....
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

UHHHHHH........I posted a thread with the article about the provision (that doesn't exist) being removed from the bill (that doesn't exist) by the senate.
    I notice none of you Obama worshipers have commented.

Mass confusion on your side.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    You can find the "Death Panels" section immediately before the "Pull the Plug On Granny" chapter, and immediately after the "Govt. Will Be the Single Payer" section.

Now there are some facts we can agree on since obviously none of those clauses exist in any version of the senate or house bills, any more than those bills include a government takeover of health care or any basis for rationing. It is an unfortunate reality that lies are usually easier to sell than the truth because they never have to be explained, simply replaced with a bigger lie. In the process, desirable features of the plan will die. So far the victims include reimbursement for counseling services related to advanced planning and the possibility ot a government health insurance plan to compete with private ones. The first will probably have little real impact. The second will increase profits for insurance companies while reducing consumer choices.

UHHHHHH........I posted a thread with the article about the provision (that doesn't exist) being removed from the bill (that doesn't exist) by the senate.
    I notice none of you Obama worshipers have commented.

Mass confusion on your side.
    Actually, the Senate bill never included the provision for advanced planning counseling services.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Now there are some facts we can agree on since obviously none of those clauses exist in any version of the senate or house bills, any more than those bills include a government takeover of health care or any basis for rationing. It is an unfortunate reality that lies are usually easier to sell than the truth because they never have to be explained, simply replaced with a bigger lie. In the process, desirable features of the plan will die. So far the victims include reimbursement for counseling services related to advanced planning and the possibility ot a government health insurance plan to compete with private ones. The first will probably have little real impact. The second will increase profits for insurance companies while reducing consumer choices.

Actually, the Senate bill never included the provision for advanced planning counseling services.

Then how did the fine Senator remove the provision??
    Read the article & his quotes.

Listen Yardley, you may think you are the smartest guy in the world, but I can assure you of 2 things;

#1--You are not
    #2--Lot's of people agree with me.

We do not want people like you (who think you know what is best for us) making life and death decisions.
    Or any decision for that matter.

We are individuals.
    We want to be able to make our own decisions.

BTW--I have received a number of pm's of posters thanking me for stating my point of veiw, which they share.

YOU are not above the rest of us!
    Last edited by road kill; 08-17-2009 at 07:00 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis