The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Gov Palin on Osamacare

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Then how did the fine Senator remove the provision??
    Read the article & his quotes.

Listen Yardley, you may think you are the smartest guy in the world, but I can assure you of 2 things;

#1--You are not
    #2--Lot's of people agree with me.

We do not want people like you (who think you know what is best for us) making life and death decisions.
    Or any decision for that matter.

We are individuals.
    We want to be able to make our own decisions.

BTW--I have received a number of pm's of posters thanking me for stating my point of veiw, which they share.

YOU are not above the rest of us!
    He didn't. No bill has been reported out of committee. The drafts that have been circulated include no advance planning coverage. Grassley, along with many Republicans in the Senate and House, has long supported coverage for advance planning services under Medicare. I would assume his comments reflect a tactical decision to not try to include such language in any Senate bill because of the lies told by Palin and the other "palintologists". It's a shame.

I am happy that you like to make your own decisions. That should be and is your right. I fail to see how anything I have said suggests a desire on my part to make decisions for you or anyone else. I won't ask you for any examples, since references to facts seem to make you very defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    He didn't. No bill has been reported out of committee. The drafts that have been circulated include no advance planning coverage. Grassley, along with many Republicans in the Senate and House, has long supported coverage for advance planning services under Medicare. I would assume his comments reflect a tactical decision to not try to include such language in any Senate bill because of the lies told by Palin and the other "palintologists". It's a shame.

I am happy that you like to make your own decisions. That should be and is your right. I fail to see how anything I have said suggests a desire on my part to make decisions for you or anyone else. I won't ask you for any examples, since references to facts seem to make you very defensive.

Since you refuse to read the thread;

Senators exclude end-of-life provision from bill
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Aug 13, 1:55 pm ET
    WASHINGTON Key senators are excluding a provision on end-of-life care from health overhaul legislation after language in a House bill caused a furor.

Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said in a statement Thursday that the provision had been dropped from consideration because it could be misinterpreted or implemented incorrectly.

What provision??
    What bill??
    Stan b & Elvis

Since you refuse to read the thread;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Aug 13, 1:55 pm ET
    WASHINGTON Key senators are excluding a provision on end-of-life care from health overhaul legislation after language in a House bill caused a furor.

Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said in a statement Thursday that the provision had been dropped from consideration because it could be misinterpreted or implemented incorrectly.

What provision??
    What bill??
    I did read it and replied to it. "No bill has been reported out of committee. The drafts that have been circulated include no advance planning coverage. Grassley, along with many Republicans in the Senate and House, has long supported coverage for advance planning services under Medicare. I would assume his comments reflect a tactical decision to not try to include such language in any Senate bill..."

If you actually read your own quote, it says, "Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said in a statement Thursday that the provision had been dropped from consideration because it could be misinterpreted or implemented incorrectly." It was dropped from consideration not from the bill. There is no bill yet in the Senate to drop it from and the drafts that are under consideration do not include it. However, absent the controversy it would almost certainly have been included.

I did read it and replied to it. "No bill has been reported out of committee. The drafts that have been circulated include no advance planning coverage. Grassley, along with many Republicans in the Senate and House, has long supported coverage for advance planning services under Medicare. I would assume his comments reflect a tactical decision to not try to include such language in any Senate bill..."

If you actually read your own quote, it says, "Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said in a statement Thursday that the provision had been dropped from consideration because it could be misinterpreted or implemented incorrectly." It was dropped from consideration not from the bill. There is no bill yet in the Senate to drop it from and the drafts that are under consideration do not include it. However, absent the controversy it would almost certainly have been included.
    Your response is twice as long as the post and says nothing.

Just you in your magnificence knowing more than the dirty masses.

What does the headline say??
    I didn't write it.

It's mass confusion on your side and WE don't like it!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Your response is twice as long as the post and says nothing.

Just you in your magnificence knowing more than the dirty masses.

What does the headline say??
    I didn't write it.

It's mass confusion on your side and WE don't like it!!
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about a story, not a headline. The headline is contradicted by the story you posted.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about a story, not a headline. The headline is contradicted by the story you posted.
    The story and headline and quotes are all contradicted by everyone involved.
    That's the point oh learned one.

It is a train wreck and does not deserve to go any farther.

My whole point was the irony and contradiction.

3 days later you start "blow-viating" about the irony and contradiction.

I do think I am making some progress here, you did finally get it!!
    Stan b & Elvis

OK now that page 431 and 432 have been been discussed how the other thousand shaping up ?
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    OK now that page 431 and 432 have been been discussed how the other thousand shaping up ?

What other thousand, Yardley said there is no bill??

"Originally Posted by YardleyLabs
    I did read it and replied to it. "No bill has been reported out of committee. The drafts that have been circulated include no advance planning coverage...."
    Stan b & Elvis

What other thousand, Yardley said there is no bill??

"Originally Posted by YardleyLabs
    I did read it and replied to it. "No bill has been reported out of committee. The drafts that have been circulated include no advance planning coverage...."
    The draft senate bill that was referred to committee was 600 pages long. You can see it at http://help.senate.gov/BAI09A84_xml.pdf. HR 3200 tends to be cited more because the bill was reported out of committee. However, even there changes have been negotiated with the Blue Dog contingent that have not yet been included in a new draft of the bill. That will probably not be until after the recess.

The draft senate bill that was referred to committee was 600 pages long. You can see it at http://help.senate.gov/BAI09A84_xml.pdf. HR 3200 tends to be cited more because the bill was reported out of committee. However, even there changes have been negotiated with the Blue Dog contingent that have not yet been included in a new draft of the bill. That will probably not be until after the recess.

So a real and honest debate can not be made until a "real" bill exists. Arent they complete about a day before the vote.

BTW the democrats should just grow some stones pass the mess and live with the consequences. They are not listening to the angry mob anyway
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan