The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Magazine-Top 25 to blame for crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I agree with Bob G and Submariner, both Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be in the top half of that list. And, before this current administration is done, we can add Obama, Reid and Pelosi to the top of the list for making as bad situation worse.

Don't believe the current lies they are sending to the press about the economy recovering. I suspect it was never that bad in most parts of the country and they used that scare tactic to get elected.

I personally think the worse is yet to come in regards to the economy because of the policies of this current administration!
    So, OK, Booty. Put Frank and Dodd, not just close to the top of the list, put 'em right at the top. Now, where's Booty gonna put his money? In the market? In bonds? In currency? Or, are you just gonna piss and moan?
    I don't know about the rest of you slobs, But i've been gettin' on the phone, and gettin' on the road, and seeing my clients, and gettin' sales done. Ya can bitch and gripe, or you can get out and work.
    Wotta bunch a pussies regards,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    So, OK, Booty. Put Frank and Dodd, not just close to the top of the list, put 'em right at the top. Now, where's Booty gonna put his money? In the market? In bonds? In currency? Or, are you just gonna piss and moan?
    I don't know about the rest of you slobs, But i've been gettin' on the phone, and gettin' on the road, and seeing my clients, and gettin' sales done. Ya can bitch and gripe, or you can get out and work.

JD
    To answer the first part; Real Estate - what I don't have in a Money Market account, I've been buying rental property.

I'm getting sales done here to. I live in a very heavy Republican area(southwest La.) and business is good! And, it should remain strong until the goobs pass Cap and Trade or inflation hits hard, which ever comes first.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-09-2009 at 11:24 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Real estate in Katrina land, huh?
    Who's suppossed to bail you out next time?

FWIW I don't question my clients on their politics. Has little to do with business.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

[

JD[/QUOTE]

Just wondering what your selling. Probably not real estate, autos, insurance, oil and gas, investments, manufactured products, cattle, construction materials..... just wondering
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Leather, wholesale and retail. Yes, big clients are off, pushing hard on the small.

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 08-10-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Leather, wholesale and retail. Yes, big clients are off, pushing hard on the small.

JD
    How are sales for you?
    Stan b & Elvis

Retail OTC is steady. Big ticket wholesale still off some but orders coming in.

Real estate in Katrina land, huh?
    Who's suppossed to bail you out next time?

FWIW I don't question my clients on their politics. Has little to do with business.

JD
    Katrina hit southeast La. I've been living in southeast La. for the last 4 years. I'm 40 feet above see level and Flood Insurance is not required by lenders in our area. Plus, Real Estate values have remainded steady and continue to rise in some areas. We are an overwhelming Republican area.

Bail outs? That's a big government thing. New Orleans did just fine when Hurricanes Betsy, Camile and Aubry struck. But those hurricanes hit before the Entitlement mentallity became so ingrained in the lesser incomed Democrats across the USA.

Now that Gov. Bobby Jindal has renegociated our oil & gas royalties, we don't need any bailout money.

I'll make a deal with you; If you can get the liberal media from making eveyone but the poor democrats of the area look like villons, placing pressure on the FEDS to continue spending more money, I in return will ask our state governemnt to quit accepting Federal aide.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-10-2009 at 08:57 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    New Orleans did just fine when Hurricanes Betsy, Camile and Aubry struck. But those hurricanes hit before the Entitlement mentallity became so ingrained in the lesser incomed Democrats across the USA.
    I'm stayin' out of this one, except to comment on the very unfair comparison and blame above. You're comparing firecrackers to atom bombs! Bad as they were, Betsy, Camille, and Aubrey did NOT breach the levies! That is what resulted in the huge loss of life and property. I don't know who's side I took by saying that, that wasn't the point. There is plenty of blame to go around, from the top down...so nobody has to be left out of Katrina. Did Nagin fail? Yes! Did Blanco fail? Yes! But that's where Mr. Bush had a chance to ride in on his white stallion, and take up the slack, and be a true hero. Instead, he ignored his experts, took some photo ops, and left town.

I don't care who's responsibility it was in the first place, but SOMEBODY should have had potable water dropped in on people PRONTO. It took less than 12 hours after the tsunamis to begin distributing potable water. We looked pathetic in comparison to that. (and we participated in the tsunami relief!) Its no comfort to anyone to see Nagin, Blanco, and Bush in a three-way on tv. That was shameful for republicans, democrats, and anyone else who had anything to do with that CF. Like it or not, when that happens, a true leader takes responsibility. We didn't see that at any level, esp at the top. Crap, I said I was stayin' out. Being involved with the recovery effort, it's hard not to spout a least a little.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

As far as I'm concerned, Mozillo, Raines, etc...did what they were allowed to do, based upon policies set under the Clinton adminstration and strong-armmed by Janet Reno..
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.