The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hillary's Temper

Hey, if you have had to put up with all of Slick Willie's BS over the years, wouldn't you be pi$$ed off too?
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

I hadn't bothered to watch the video until just a few minutes ago as I was sure her supposedly livid reaction was hyped up in the headlines and that it probably wasn't that big of a deal. It was well worth watching and some needed comic relief...and if anything, the headlines didn't do her reaction justice. She was madder than a hatter and came off as a total b-word. Just when her image as a harpy had been softened she reminds everyone why she's not very well liked by the masses. I didn't see any links to it on this thread, so here it is in all its glory: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-of-state.html

FWIW...the student supposedly asked about Obama and it was translated wrong:

The only problem? Apparently the translator made a mistake and the student had wanted to know what President Obama thought of the deal. A State Department official tells ABC News the student went up to Clinton after the event and told her he was misquoted. No immediate word yet how Clinton responded.

Regardless of the error, the notion of Secretary Clinton's deference to her husband clearly touched a nerve with America's top diplomat.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I hadn't bothered to watch the video until just a few minutes ago as I was sure her supposedly livid reaction was hyped up in the headlines and that it probably wasn't that big of a deal. It was well worth watching and some needed comic relief...and if anything, the headlines didn't do her reaction justice. She was madder than a hatter and came off as a total b-word. Just when her image as a harpy had been softened she reminds everyone why she's not very well liked by the masses. I didn't see any links to it on this thread, so here it is in all its glory: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-of-state.html

FWIW...the student supposedly asked about Obama and it was translated wrong:
    I actually thought she looked like a sour pus before, during and after the question, as she often does, although she didn't look bad when she shook the student's hand.

The question that was asked was, "Thank you. Mrs Clinton, we've all heard about the Chinese contracts in this country. The interference is from the World Bank against this contract. What does Mr. Clinton think through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton and what does Mr. Mutombo think on this situation? Thank you very much."

Her response, after looking to moderators (with background conversation presumably for some kind of confirmation regarding the question), was "Wait, you want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband is not the Secretary of State, I am. So if you ask my opinion I'll tell you my opinion. I'm not going to be channeling my husband." (I think I got that right). What would you have preferred her to say? Personally, I would have liked a response along the lines of "I can't and won't speak for my husband. I could tell you my opinion as Secretary of State, but the World Bank (the subject of the question) does not report to me." It was interesting since I suspect that she had no intention of answering the question which addressed World Bank concerns about Chinese requests for financial guarantees that might further hurt the Congo's debt situation.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I actually thought she looked like a sour pus before, during and after the question, as she often does, although she didn't look bad when she shook the student's hand.

The question that was asked was, "Thank you. Mrs Clinton, we've all heard about the Chinese contracts in this country. The interference is from the World Bank against this contract. What does Mr. Clinton think through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton and what does Mr. Mutombo think on this situation? Thank you very much."

Her response, after looking to moderators (with background conversation presumably for some kind of confirmation regarding the question), was "Wait, you want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband is not the Secretary of State, I am. So if you ask my opinion I'll tell you my opinion. I'm not going to be channeling my husband." (I think I got that right). What would you have preferred her to say? Personally, I would have liked a response along the lines of "I can't and won't speak for my husband. I could tell you my opinion as Secretary of State, but the World Bank (the subject of the question) does not report to me." It was interesting since I suspect that she had no intention of answering the question which addressed World Bank concerns about Chinese requests for financial guarantees that might further hurt the Congo's debt situation.
    At least she didn't say something intelligent like, "I thought we were gonna talk about the pig....where's the pig?"
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Don't you know if must still froth Mrs. Clinton that she lost the Presidency to this Kenyan. I bet she still has nightmares. She should be in the White House...not him. She deserved it. She earned it by having to put up with all of Billy's affairs, the blue dress and all the humiliation. She was the New York Senator. It was her turn. The White House was HERS!

And what does she get for all her hard work? A trip to The Congo!!! And her husband gets all the glory by returning the two young ladies back to the United States and then heads straight for Vegas where he gets to celebrate his birthday...without her!

She's got to be pissed. Life isn't fair. No wonder she hates men!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Don't you know if must still froth Mrs. Clinton that she lost the Presidency to this Kenyan. I bet she still has nightmares. She should be in the White House...not him. She deserved it. She earned it by having to put up with all of Billy's affairs, the blue dress and all the humiliation. She was the New York Senator. It was her turn. The White House was HERS!

And what does she get for all her hard work? A trip to The Congo!!! And her husband gets all the glory by returning the two young ladies back to the United States and then heads straight for Vegas where he gets to celebrate his birthday...without her!

She's got to be pissed. Life isn't fair. No wonder she hates men!
    thats an angle you will not see on cable news...........because its probably the truth
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I bet Bill is taking a ride on the Wheel of Fortune tonight for his birthday!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

The boys are running all the real interesting spots in the world and she get's the Congo. Talk about the back of the bus. I thought to myself when I saw her reaction, please lord don't let there be a loaded gun lying around anywhere, we could of had ourselves an international incident.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Jeff
    I just watched a tape of the question and response on CNN. The questioner clearly said (or the interpreter clearly said) "What does Mr. Clinton say through Mrs. Clinton....." The question did not ask about the President.
    Gerry
    Even if the question had been as Hillary interpreted it, her response could have been handled ever so much better than she did.
    Her response was so un-stateswomanlike, there can be no defense of her reaction. She could have easily used what most politicos use: ignore the insult as if it never happened, "MY own position on ___ is ..."

That said, I think she is probably more intelligent than Billy. Perhaps once again proving that a silver tongue will get you further in politics than intelligence
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I just saw the clip and to me the body language was far more telling than the words she uttered.
    WOW!!

Undiplomatic chip on shoulder regards