The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spector is an ASS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    People showing up to meetings to shout people down that they disagree with is depriving them of their right to free speech. Pure and simple, Un-American.
    Hmmm....that's quite a philosophical shift for you. It wasn't that long ago when you were gung-ho on anti-war demonstrations and were downright offended at the notion that anyone could consider anti-war protests to be un-American:

This is the biggest crock of crap I've read in my life. The military serves civilian leadership. What you're saying is, if the public disagrees with what the civilian leadership has directed the military to do, they should just shut up and go away, for fear that they will offend the military. Well, I guess we should just burn the constitution and become a military dictatorship.
    A tad fickle, aren't we?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Yep, it all depends on whose OX is getting gored, don't it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...-bush-protest/

Please read this, it will help with your perspective.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Hmmm....that's quite a philosophical shift for you. It wasn't that long ago when you were gung-ho on anti-war demonstrations and were downright offended at the notion that anyone could consider anti-war protests to be un-American:

A tad fickle, aren't we?
    There is a difference in my mind between protesting, and going to disrupt a meeting and shout people down who are trying to talk and ask questions.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

There is a difference in my mind between protesting, and going to disrupt a meeting and shout people down who are trying to talk and ask questions.
    Yeah, you're right...the anti-war protesters never disrupted or shouted people down, or interrupted Congressional hearings, or threw fake blood on people, or shut down streets/neighborhoods, or.... They're the good Americans.

And the folks that are invited to express their opinions at town hall meetings hosted by their Congressmen are Un-American when their opinons are not as polite, civil or agreeing as you'd like them to be.

But there is at least one difference between anti-war protests and impolite town hall meeting protests. In the former it was perfectly acceptable by folks like yourself and the media to equate Bush to Hitler or claim he's the biggest terrorist in the world, and in the later, it is unacceptable and racist to call Obama a facist or display a picture of him as the Joker.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Yeah, you're right...the anti-war protesters never disrupted or shouted people down, or interrupted Congressional hearings, or threw fake blood on people, or shut down streets/neighborhoods, or.... They're the good Americans.

And the folks that are invited to express their opinions at town hall meetings hosted by their Congressmen are Un-American when their opinons are not as polite, civil or agreeing as you'd like them to be.

But there is at least one difference between anti-war protests and impolite town hall meeting protests. In the former it was perfectly acceptable by folks like yourself and the media to equate Bush to Hitler or claim he's the biggest terrorist in the world, and in the later, it is unacceptable and racist to call Obama a facist or display a picture of him as the Joker.
    The people you are talking about, I consider to be on the fringe. Whether the are on the right or the left.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

The people you are talking about, I consider to be on the fringe. Whether the are on the right or the left.

It's such a revelation to read your posts, Buzz. Do you realize how frequently you illustrate the well known phrase stated by Mr. Einstein? Have you forgotten?

The difference, he said, between idiocy and genius...is that genius has limitations.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.