The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Questions about Obama care

Default Questions about Obama care

I was thinking on the way to work this AM about the health care changes that are coming. A few things really got me thinking. How do we measure success ? Do they have a exit stategy ? When it does not work will they just keep expanding it ? I think in some form something will get passed. What are the chances that it will be repealed ?
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I was thinking on the way to work this AM about the health care changes that are coming. A few things really got me thinking. How do we measure success ? Do they have a exit stategy ? When it does not work will they just keep expanding it ? I think in some form something will get passed. What are the chances that it will be repealed ?
    Not to judge the merits, but if you're designing a system that you hope will be successful, you typically don't plan an exit strategy. The idea is to make it work and stick with it.

How do we measure success now. It will be the same way with whatever system is put in place.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

This is a government program, they would define success as the expansion of their power and their ability to get re-elected.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Success of our Dear Leader's CastroCare will be measured by a significant reduction of the surplus population. It's simple...fewer people -- less money spent.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Success of our Dear Leader's CastroCare will be measured by a significant reduction of the surplus population. It's simple...fewer people -- less money spent.

We live in Cuba now.
    McDonalds and Twinkies are already doing that for us now!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post

We live in Cuba now.
    Could you help me understand the meaning of these statements and the reasoning you used to lead you to believe that anything in the current health care proposals would support them. Exactly how are we Cuba now? Who is this supposed "surplus population"? How does fewer people reduce our expenses on a per GDP basis or bring this country anywhere close to spending what others do on a per capita basis.?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    There will be no exit strategy....

The chances it will get repealed are slim to NONE!!!!!!

When in the history of this country has a local, state or fedeal agency taken there hands out of the peoples pocket once it is in there??????

NCA

We are now broke, the value dollar is dropping, Hey I got an idea " lets spend some more money" We can do this, we will just tax the so called rich (who are generally called our boss's) so that they can lay more people off to help this economy. Healthcare has to be the answer, it will work just like all the other government programs.

I was watching the news last night and in Jeffs home state polls showed something like 56% dissapproved of the plan and 42% approved. They were interviewing a senator who basically said the plan is needed and he will go forward even if its not favored by the majority. The interveiwer asked if he felt it would be his last term and he agreed that if it is so be it. The politicians that are supposed to serve us are not. they will likely be voted out. We sadly will likely be stuck with this.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan