The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Bias

Default Media Bias

I saw where FOX didn't cover Obamas Health Care Town Hall.
    The anchor did announce that if and when the meeting got contentious, that FOX would then immediately cut away to it for live coverage of that part of the meeting.

Is that their version of "Fair and Balanced"?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I saw where FOX didn't cover Obamas Health Care Town Hall.
    The anchor did announce that if and when the meeting got contentious, that FOX would then immediately cut away to it for live coverage of that part of the meeting.

Is that their version of "Fair and Balanced"?
    The NH thing was a set up, everybody knows that (except maybe you).
    That was not NEWS, that was an infomercial.

Was that conference your idea of fair and balanced??
    Not 1 dissenting voice to be heard.

Get real!
    Stan b & Elvis

Yup, you sure wouldn't want to hear what the president has to say unless someone is yelling and screaming at him.

I recall people getting dragged out of Bush rallies because they had shirts on with print on them that wasn't approved right wing wear and people being put into protest zones that were nowhere near the rallies or the route in and out that Bush's motorcade was taking.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

what really shows on this board is where we get our information/news, those of you with more liberal views tend to quote MSNBC ,those of us with more conservative views quote Fox News

I watch O' Reilly and Glen Beck, while some of you are watching Keith Olberman...draw your own conclusions
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yup, you sure wouldn't want to hear what the president has to say unless someone is yelling and screaming at him.

I recall people getting dragged out of Bush rallies because they had shirts on with print on them that wasn't approved right wing wear and people being put into protest zones that were nowhere near the rallies or the route in and out that Bush's motorcade was taking.
    My bad, I thought you were talking about "the Obama's" infomercial, now I see it's about Bush bashing.
    Stan b & Elvis

Obummo, is and has been a continous "INFOMERCIAL".
    Just Win

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I for one, am glad Fox chose not to broadcast Fearless Leader and his propaganda, his bloviating is a waste of airtime.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The NH thing was a set up, everybody knows that (except maybe you).
    That was not NEWS, that was an infomercial.

Was that conference your idea of fair and balanced??
    Not 1 dissenting voice to be heard.

Get real!
    I see your point Stan.
    Seeing what the POTUS has to say regarding HC is not nearly as newsworthy as some of the stories they chose to cover. Such as whether or not some cop is pissed that his fellow officers are looking at his wife's Playboy pictorial, or the story about a bear swimming in a Calif swimmimg pool. Or whether or not Miley Cyrus was pole dancing, or whether or not some Oregon guy has A PANTY FETISH.

Why educate when you can titillate?

My answer to your question about whether that conference was fair and balanced is an obvious NO!! FOX didn't cover it so obviously it wasn't, as they are TRULY fair and balanced. After all they tell us that all the time
    THEY REPORT WE DECIDE!!!

My question to you is why did FOX announce that they wouldn't cover the meeting. But they did announce ahead of time that if the event got contentious then they would cut away from their regularly scheduled "Fair & Balanced" coverage to only cover that part of the event.

Is that your version of a fair and balanced attitude towards "NEWS" coverage?

They probably didn't think it was newsworthy to broadcast the daughter of a big Obammy donor asking a question about "signs with mean words".

If you could not predict exactly what he was going to say then you haven't been paying attention to the news over the last few weeks, there really was no reason to watch it.

Someone wake me up when either side says something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

That's it...justify the current with the past....that will get us somewhere in a hurry........someplace called "hell in a handbasket".........

But at least BHO supporters are predictable....and so is he....

Change in 2010 regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.