The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Bias

Media Bias?

I think all the major networks are biased and trying to serve thier viewers knowing they can't be everything to everyone.

Network news still has many more viewers than Cable News largely because they are available to more households.

Among Cable News, MSNBC nor CNN comes close to Fox News in total viewers. And, Fox News has no where near the total number of viewers of ABC, NBC or CBS.

I've grown tired of all the news since I can no longer get it straight, they all have to promote thier own political agandas. So now, when I turn the boob toob on, I do what many boobs do, watch ESPN for my news and get my other news from the internet!

P S No one can spin a story like Bill O'Reilly. I often wondered if he knows the subject being discussed.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-13-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Why would they need to cover it? Can't they just get the transcript from the guy running the teleprompter?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    That's it...justify the current with the past....that will get us somewhere in a hurry........someplace called "hell in a handbasket".........

But at least BHO supporters are predictable....and so is he....

Change in 2010 regards,

kg
    Last I saw, conservatives were defending their behavior at town hall meetings by claiming that they are not acting any differently than liberals have in the past.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Sorry, I must have missed that...I was too busy watching trainwrecks like Spector and the Senator from Missouri....and who was the one who answered her cell phone while taking a question from one of her constituents???

She needs to be sent home ASAP to stay regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

The Congresswoman who answered her phone while they were asking question was none other than Sheila Jackson Lee (Dem) from (sad to admit) TEXAS...now they are trying to spin it and say she had called in to a help line or some bs excuse
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Is the New Hampshire townhall the one where he claimed surgeons are paid "30,40,sometimes 50 thousand dollars" to amputate diabetic feet? That seems a little high since last I checked medicare pays me somewhere around 500 bucks and that price includes 3 months of postoperative care. I wish somebody would call him on that lie.

I've tried to be open minded but this is too much... blaming the docs for the high cost of medicine

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yup, you sure wouldn't want to hear what the president has to say unless someone is yelling and screaming at him.

I recall people getting dragged out of Bush rallies because they had shirts on with print on them that wasn't approved right wing wear and people being put into protest zones that were nowhere near the rallies or the route in and out that Bush's motorcade was taking.

DNC talking points.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Why is it so important for all networks to give Obongo's town hall meetings even more media coverage? He's already been on prime time several times. It probably makes ratings drop to air his speeches in their entirety.

I will grant you that of our past presidents, I never thought Bush was a very engaging speaker. But at least he could answer questions off the cuff and at least he sounded the same whether reading from a speech or answering a question. But, I can't believe I ever thought Obongo was a good speaker. His first speech coach must've taught him a staccato pace with an occasional pregnant pause was how to give a speech. Or maybe the pregnant pause is while he's moving his lips to read the teleprompter. He sounds moar like a TV evangalist than the media whore that he is. Take him off script and he sounds like a buffoon. I don't see why any network needed to cover more than one of his Obongo-care speeches. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    DNC talking points.
    I'm afraid it's true. In the 'burgh here, we had a WWII vet detained by police for refusing to take his anti-Iraq war poster and tshirt to the "free speech zone", when W rolled through town.

As for media bias, it seems now the media is hounding Obama regarding a deal he cut with Pharma. (or accepted, not sure there's much difference)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by B3 View Post
    Is the New Hampshire townhall the one where he claimed surgeons are paid "30,40,sometimes 50 thousand dollars" to amputate diabetic feet? That seems a little high since last I checked medicare pays me somewhere around 500 bucks and that price includes 3 months of postoperative care. I wish somebody would call him on that lie.

I've tried to be open minded but this is too much... blaming the docs for the high cost of medicine

Bill
    Perhaps you've been getting ripped off. I checked this hospital management site because I've had a hospital procedure in Oregon in 1990 which cost $3000.00 for a 2" skin graft and it would appear the man also got his figures from the guys who should know. They actually claim costs can go to $60,000 and nonsurgical treatment can run costs to $27,000. Please check this site out...you are being seriously under paid or something.
    http://www.hospitalmanagement.net/features/feature627/
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.