RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Favorite Quotes - GDG

5K views 45 replies 42 participants last post by  Chance Raehn 
#1 ·
I saw this type of thread on another forum and thought it might be interesting to see what the retriever field says.

One of my favorites of late is by Ted Nugent talking about 2nd amendment rights and personal protection.

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders." - Ted Nugent

#3 ·
One of my favorites came from an old Alaska handler after his dog dodged the water in the 4th series... he said "That sumb#@*ch is going to be a g*%#@m WATER SEEKING MISSLE by next week!!!
Funny quote, but I suspect it wasn't a fun week for the dog.

#7 ·
Clint Eastwood in Magnum Forse to Hal Holbrook as he was blowing him up

"A mans got to know his limitations"

From Dirty Harry

"You got to ask your self. Do I feel lucky? Well do you punk?"

From Ed Thibodeaux on started dogs. "A man buys a dream and then gets a dog."

In the duck blind. "Here comes a pair of singles."

#9 ·
"Some of the worlds greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible"

"To get something done a committee should consist of no more than three people, two of whom are absent." - Robert Copeland

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go around repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in their struggle for independence." - Charles A. Beard

"My body is not a temple, it's an amusement park!"

"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history....with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..." - Isaac Asimov

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire! - R.A. Plunkett

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

#13 ·
Is there life after death, touch my truck and find out!

#14 ·
Kinda long but still my favorite.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Teddy Roosevelt

#16 ·
ed t could have a post all to himself...

odie is a good dog. Not much for a retreiver, but a good dog...

sitting on the honor bucket on lead after losing a dog on the water blind... don't worry dog, we'll find some way to blame it on dem judges....

picking up a dog that broke on the 4th series water test in the grand after a shakey series... good dog, don't let da basturds judge you! travis

#17 ·
And the nicest thing about Ed T quotes is that you have plenty of time to think about them and write them down while he is finishing up.

"No Heel" has 4 syllables regards

Bubba

#22 ·
This is from my dad while discussing shooting only greenheads....

"I'm a duck hunter. I'll shoot 'em , you count 'em. Tell me when I got my limit."

#25 ·
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on Life. Attitude to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.... The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day." Charles Swindoll

#32 ·
Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history....with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe
That was a good one...

Abraham Lincoln replying to a woman who called him two-faced. Madam, if I was two-faced. Would I use this one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.