The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare, what says the Constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Bush broke a lot of constitutional laws. there is no doubt in my mind what bush said about the constitution is true.

The president claims an inherent power to imprison American citizens.
    NAME JUST ONE AMERICAN HE IMPRISONED WITH OUT A WARENT?

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    P

True, Bush ain't president anymore, but Obama didn't run up this $11 Trillion debt he inherited either.

Y
    Are you kidding. Obama in the first 6 months doubled Bush's debt and is trying to spend more.

Wake up and get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Are you kidding. Obama in the first 6 months doubled Bush's debt and is trying to spend more.

Wake up and get your facts straight.
    Check up on the difference between "debt" and "deficit", and then tell me to get my facts straight. Since Obama has not had a budget approved by congress and signed into law, thus far he is not responsible for any of the national debt, except for supplemental spending bills and executive orders he has signed. I have no doubt he will contribute to the national debt in a BIG way, probably record setting, but he entered office under vastly different circumstances than W did.

The fact is, W and his republican congress contributed approximately 5 Trillion dollars to the national debt in 6 years. Mr. Bush and the do-nothing democratic congress added another 1.5 trillion in his last two years, rubber-stamping his submitted budgets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dnf777; 08-15-2009 at 07:43 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Dave,

Talking to these guys is a total waste of time...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Bush wasn't responsible for 9-11, the terrorists were.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

You want to get the facts straight. What does all of this deficit spending turn into to? Debt!

When Bush took office, the national debt was $5.73 trillion. When he left, it was $10.7 trillion.

This indicates that Bush inherited $5.73 in debt from Clinton and the previous administrations.

Now Obama is already indicating that it will be above $12 trillion before the end of the his first year and according to you he has not even tried to spend any money.

The funny thing about you libs is you always throw out the statement that Bush increased the debt / deficit but then act like it is OK for Obama to increase the same items.

I bet you can not find one conservative on this board that agreed with Bush's spending but just about all of you libs think Obama's spending is right on the money.

Talk to me in 3 more years when Obama is just about washed up and we are 15 trillion dollars in debt with and no decrease in deficit spending.

You want to get the facts straight. What does all of this deficit spending turn into to? Debt!

When Bush took office, the national debt was $5.73 trillion. When he left, it was $10.7 trillion.

This indicates that Bush inherited $5.73 in debt from Clinton and the previous administrations.

Now Obama is already indicating that it will be above $12 trillion before the end of the his first year and according to you he has not even tried to spend any money.

The funny thing about you libs is you always throw out the statement that Bush increased the debt / deficit but then act like it is OK for Obama to increase the same items.

I bet you can not find one conservative on this board that agreed with Bush's spending but just about all of you libs think Obama's spending is right on the money.

Talk to me in 3 more years when Obama is just about washed up and we are 15 trillion dollars in debt with and no decrease in deficit spending.
    First of all, just because I'm not a Rush-parrot, does not make me a "lib". I look at each issue and make my judgements based on my experience and views. How many "libs" are card-carrying NRA lifers? VFW lifers? Please don't paint labels on me.

Secondly, I stated in my post that Obama will likely set records in regards to deficit spending. So us "libs" can self-critique. After seeing how Bush trashed our economy and respect around the world with his failed policies, I'm amused and a little scared to see the Coulter/Rush disciples defend him to the bone, and try to lay his puppy all in Obama's lap!

As for what Bush II inherited from Clinton, check the graph I posted. That is very telling, with both the whitehouse and congress depicted. So look at that and try to tell me (with a straight face) that the republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility!

You may not choose to believe it, and frankly I don't care, but I used to be a rather staunch republican. That is, until I saw how the new breed of corporate, hyper-rich, war-mongering neocons hijacked the traditional republican party, and pushed everyone from moderate to hard-right conservatives out, leaving only the extreme-radical Christian right in control. You may think I'm a crank for saying that, but there's a WHOLE lot of folks in the boat with me, ergo President Obama and a supermajority of democrats in congress. I'm quite sure the dems will screw it up, and the pendulum will swing back. I just hope it pauses long enough for some independents to fix things up before that happens.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Your right about one thing when people start throwing out the phrase christian right and being in control I think you are way out in left field.

Last I heard the far left was claiming the Bush admin was being run by "the jews / zionists.

I have always considered Bush 1 and 2 as moderates.

I guess Christians are real scary maybe thats why the Dems pandered so much to them this time around.

I have always considered Bush 1 and 2 as moderates.

I
    I have much respect for Bush I, even though I disagreed with some of his policies. I liked the following in him:
    1) He knew how to be CIC, and define a mission prior to going to war.
    2) He listened to his advisors and Generals (not just 'yes-men')
    3) He knew the importance of building a coalition of real participants
    4) He maybe understood the importance of 1-3 because he actually served his country in combat, and fought along fellow soldiers and airmen, and came home and built his companies successfully.

Bush I.....an honorable, respectable, moderate republican President.

Bush II...able to correctly pronounce big words some of the time

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Part of personal responsibility is accepting the consequences of your actions. As nice as it would be, Mr. Bush can't just say, "oh, its Jan 20, nothing is my fault anymore..." His actions, through expansion of government, record deficit spending, and marginalizing the other branches of government will be felt for generations to come. I'm feeling it now when I pay my quarterly tax bill!

True, Bush ain't president anymore, but Obama didn't run up this $11 Trillion debt he inherited either.

Yet another legacy of the Bush years will be the number of good paying American manufacturing jobs that were exported overseas, thus decreasing tax revenues. That will make it harder for Obama, or any other subsequent president to balance a budget until we figure out how to get our job base back in America. As a fair-minded Independent, I will acknowledge Mr. Bush did not invent NAFTA, although it was greatly expanded under him. Dick Armey, through his consulting firm also contributed greatly, by showing companies to to move offshore to dodge taxes, even after Mr. Bush cut them, supposedly creating millions of jobs.
    I have news. Even Obama, of course after the fact, admitted those jobs aint comming back. I believe those good manufacturing jobs were moving overseas long before W became President. And even more news, it is'nt taxes that make anyone move a company overseas.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.