The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Obamacare, what says the Constitution?

For years I heard that Republicans don't look at polls.

Here are results from the latest:

Question: In any health care proposal, how important do you feel it is to give people a choice of both a public plan administered by the federal government and a private plan for their health insurance--extremely important, quite important, not that important, or not at all important?

Extremely important....58%
    Quite important........19%
    Not that important..... 7%
    Not at all important...15%
    Not sure............... 1%
    http://www.surveyusa.com/client/Poll...8-62b9d1ba8693
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Jeff,

I think this congress and president have shown that they are more than willing to pass and sign bills that they have not read so they have no idea what is included.

If this were truly about providing for those without the entire healthcare system would not be their target. The majority may agree with broad generalizations. It is the specifics that are in the bills the we object to. I don't think that is going to change any time in the near future.

Tom
    Tom, how many who pontificate on these pages have read the bill? There is a lot of crowing about angels and bogeymen from people that have no idea about the bill.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Ok Gentlemen I have an idea to solve this health care problem. Since I a small business owner I have to be creative in this economy to get fed.

Here goes.

There are what 47 million Americans without health care. coverage. Really? Is this number bloted or not. Doesn't matter under my plan. The state of Arkansas offers Medicade to low income families and families who have no means. If you make below the line you can qualify for the program. this is very simple so watch out this doesn't go over some heads. Remove the income restrictions on the medicare program. If you have no insurance then go apply for medicare with the income restrictions removed and you have coverage. Now, if you have the means to pay 10, 30, 50, or whatever a month, you pay. In fact everyone has to pay something to qualify for this program. Let's see 47 million people paying 20 dollars a month, you get 940 million dollars a month. Do you think 47 million people can get coverage for 940 million a month? Hell yes.That is 18.8 million for each state!

Next. Clean up the fraud in medicade and make it efficient.
    If you like your health care plan, keep it. If not you can choose to go on the medicade plan. But you have to pay something! When I go to wal=mart and buy milk, a book or shotgun shells I have to pay the little tax at the end no matter what my income status is.

I just hired a new employee who is newly married and a baby is on the way. They are young and just starting out. He has not been at his job long enough for his insurance to kick in and I cannot afford to pay for her health ins. They went to apply for medicade adn were turned down. They made 18.47 too much a month to qualify. BS! They both have full time jobs and are working hard to get by. But the free loaders who sit on their cans and pop out babies get everything paid for. Sorry, that is for another post.
    So she has no prenatal care. So much for the hard working American.

There is my plan. Simple really. You can't afford a traditional ins plan through a private company you go get on the medicade plan where every one pays a little and benifits a lot.

Now pick it apart boys!

Sincerely,
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Tom, how many who pontificate on these pages have read the bill? There is a lot of crowing about angels and bogeymen from people that have no idea about the bill.
    Son of Cronus and Rhea, WE don't matter....WE don't HAVE to read the bill....we ELECT people to do that....and they DON'T DO THAT....so WHERE is the motivation for the COMMON people to do what those that WE have elected WON'T DO????

Riddle me THAT regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

There is my plan. Simple really. You can't afford a traditional ins plan through a private company you go get on the medicade plan where every one pays a little and benifits a lot.
    Martin, I think you make a very good point. If someone qualifies for Medicare (under present income restrictions), and if they have cable TV, they can afford to give up cable TV and pay that $ for their medical coverage. Probably no less than $20/mo, and likely more.

The young couple you mention would probably be very happy to pay some of their income for coverage under the plan you propose.

Essentially, you are saying that instead of setting up a whole new plan, one could just "modify" the Medicaid plan with a sliding scale of income levels that would correspond to a sliding scale of payment for coverage. And I do believe that you are correct that everybody should pay something toward their coverage. After all, Medicare collects from every participant.

Hey, Martin, did you suggest to your employee that you cut his pay by $18.47/mo? Would work out to about 12 cents an hour ... so he could qualify for Medicaid. Looks like a bargain to me.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Martin, I think you make a very good point. If someone qualifies for Medicare (under present income restrictions), and if they have cable TV, they can afford to give up cable TV and pay that $ for their medical coverage. Probably no less than $20/mo, and likely more.

The young couple you mention would probably be very happy to pay some of their income for coverage under the plan you propose.

Essentially, you are saying that instead of setting up a whole new plan, one could just "modify" the Medicaid plan with a sliding scale of income levels that would correspond to a sliding scale of payment for coverage. And I do believe that you are correct that everybody should pay something toward their coverage. After all, Medicare collects from every participant.

Hey, Martin, did you suggest to your employee that you cut his pay by $18.47/mo? Would work out to about 12 cents an hour ... so he could qualify for Medicaid. Looks like a bargain to me.
    I think the government also pays for cable TV and landline service!

We don't need a whole new plan...correct. Just modify the current plan, make people to pay thier way, clean it up and tell congress to keep their hands off of it just like they SHOULD HAVE kept their hands off SS and Medicare.

Unfortunatly she quit friday in order to recieve medicare so she could get her prenatal care that she needs. She miscarried a year ago and wants to get ahead of any problems.

I trully hope my business grows to a point , this time next year, that I can help provide ins. to my employees.

Regards,
    Martin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Ok Gentlemen I have an idea to solve this health care problem. Since I a small business owner I have to be creative in this economy to get fed.

Here goes.

There are what 47 million Americans without health care. coverage. Really? Is this number bloted or not. Doesn't matter under my plan. The state of Arkansas offers Medicade to low income families and families who have no means. If you make below the line you can qualify for the program. this is very simple so watch out this doesn't go over some heads. Remove the income restrictions on the medicare program. If you have no insurance then go apply for medicare with the income restrictions removed and you have coverage. Now, if you have the means to pay 10, 30, 50, or whatever a month, you pay. In fact everyone has to pay something to qualify for this program. Let's see 47 million people paying 20 dollars a month, you get 940 million dollars a month. Do you think 47 million people can get coverage for 940 million a month? Hell yes.That is 18.8 million for each state!

Next. Clean up the fraud in medicade and make it efficient.
    If you like your health care plan, keep it. If not you can choose to go on the medicade plan. But you have to pay something! When I go to wal=mart and buy milk, a book or shotgun shells I have to pay the little tax at the end no matter what my income status is.

I just hired a new employee who is newly married and a baby is on the way. They are young and just starting out. He has not been at his job long enough for his insurance to kick in and I cannot afford to pay for her health ins. They went to apply for medicade adn were turned down. They made 18.47 too much a month to qualify. BS! They both have full time jobs and are working hard to get by. But the free loaders who sit on their cans and pop out babies get everything paid for. Sorry, that is for another post.
    So she has no prenatal care. So much for the hard working American.

Now pick it apart boys!

Sincerely,
    Martin

Your plan is wayyyyyy to simple for the politicians but I like it.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 08-23-2009 at 11:02 AM.