The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Rahm Emanuel

  1. #11
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    And his ethics, at the very least, are questionable!

    Unless, of course, you are drinking the secular progressive KOOL-AID!!
    Do you have any examples of his questionable ethics? The guy actually seems too pure if anything. Emanuel is definitely hard as nails, and his Hollywood agent brother probably has a bit of a silicon coating. However, Zeke seems to be pretty straight. But of course, he does seem to work more from facts and logic than from "his gut", so he obviously doesn't fit the mold of his conservative critics.

  2. #12
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Do you have any examples of his questionable ethics? The guy actually seems too pure if anything. Emanuel is definitely hard as nails, and his Hollywood agent brother probably has a bit of a silicon coating. However, Zeke seems to be pretty straight. But of course, he does seem to work more from facts and logic than from "his gut", so he obviously doesn't fit the mold of his conservative critics.

    Do you have any examples of his purity??

    The only thing I know about him is what he has written and stated.

    You probably know sooooo much more!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #13
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Rahm is a product of the same crooked Chicago macihne that produced Osama, Daley and the rest of those gangsters, pure my foot.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Rahm is a product of the same crooked Chicago macihne that produced Osama, Daley and the rest of those gangsters, pure my foot.
    He wasn't referring to Rahm.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  5. #15
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Do you have any examples of his purity??

    The only thing I know about him is what he has written and stated.

    You probably know sooooo much more!!
    I'm taking that as a non-response -- that is, you don't have any examples of his "questionable ethics".

  6. #16
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I'm taking that as a non-response -- that is, you don't have any examples of his "questionable ethics".
    Yeah, like I said, I only know what he has said and written, you of course dance with semantics.


    Show me examples to support his "purity."

    You can't, just more of you blow-viating!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #17
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,169

    Default

    I'd really like to hear more opinions on Rahm, not his brothers. Rahm is the one who is the power broker ... and yes, he is an offspring of the Chicago political environment.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  8. #18
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,194

    Default

    Rahm is a foul mouthed bully.
    He, in my opinion, is the one calling the shots out of the Whitehouse right now.

    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-02-11.html

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,5682373.story

    http://gawker.com/5338476/the-two-si...nd-puppy-lover
    (this one is good cause he loves puppies!!)


    Just a few things about him.
    Last edited by road kill; 08-17-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #19
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, like I said, I only know what he has said and written, you of course dance with semantics.


    Show me examples to support his "purity."

    You can't, just more of you blow-viating!!
    Discussions with you inevitably revert to second grade playground levels. For background information on Zeke Emanuel, see http://www.cc.nih.gov/about/SeniorSt...l_emanuel.html. Also see http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...e-outrage.html which points out Zeke's long term opposition to euthanasia.

    The basis for all the attacks on Zeke has been his support for advance planning directives, long supported by most Republicans until they decided that it was more fun to call such counseling (currently required by Medicare under provisions adopted with Republican leadership) "death panels". Both of my parents were allowed to die when their times came with no extraordinary efforts to prolong their bodies when their minds and souls had passed on. This was possible only because each left advance directives that expressed their desires. We could have taken advantage of all the "miracles" of modern medicine to keep their bodies technically alive for weeks or months longer.

    I have prepared a similar directive and discussed this with my children to be sure they know my wishes. If you make different choices, that is you right and privilege as it should be, and I hope that you have also made those choices clear to guide those who may be forced to decide what happens if you are no longer able to direct your own care. Personally, I do not want the government or hospitals making those decisions without regard to my choices.

    To seek to withhold information from people concerning the choices they may make concerning end of life care is fascism, not freedom. Is that what you support, or do you, like Zeke Emanuel, believe each person should be able to make his or her own choice? By the way, euthanasia is not a legal choice anywhere and is opposed by Zeke Emanuel. Personally, I would prefer to have that option available. I doubt that I would ever take advantage of it, but having the option would make the fight easier.

  10. #20
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Rahm is a foul mouthed bully.
    He, in my opinion, is the one calling the shots out of the Whitehouse right now.

    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-02-11.html

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,5682373.story

    http://gawker.com/5338476/the-two-si...nd-puppy-lover
    (this one is good cause he loves puppies!!)


    Just a few things about him.
    If you go back, you will see that my comments all related to Zeke Emanuel, not Rahm. They are very different people.

Similar Threads

  1. Rahm Emanuel's board membership on Freddie Mac
    By Eric Johnson in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
  2. Rahm Emanuel - No property taxes
    By luvmylabs23139 in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •