The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rahm Emanuel

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Discussions with you inevitably revert to second grade playground levels. For background information on Zeke Emanuel, see http://www.cc.nih.gov/about/SeniorSt...l_emanuel.html. Also see http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...e-outrage.html which points out Zeke's long term opposition to euthanasia.

The basis for all the attacks on Zeke has been his support for advance planning directives, long supported by most Republicans until they decided that it was more fun to call such counseling (currently required by Medicare under provisions adopted with Republican leadership) "death panels". Both of my parents were allowed to die when their times came with no extraordinary efforts to prolong their bodies when their minds and souls had passed on. This was possible only because each left advance directives that expressed their desires. We could have taken advantage of all the "miracles" of modern medicine to keep their bodies technically alive for weeks or months longer.

I have prepared a similar directive and discussed this with my children to be sure they know my wishes. If you make different choices, that is you right and privilege as it should be, and I hope that you have also made those choices clear to guide those who may be forced to decide what happens if you are no longer able to direct your own care. Personally, I do not want the government or hospitals making those decisions without regard to my choices.

To seek to withhold information from people concerning the choices they may make concerning end of life care is fascism, not freedom. Is that what you support, or do you, like Zeke Emanuel, believe each person should be able to make his or her own choice? By the way, euthanasia is not a legal choice anywhere and is opposed by Zeke Emanuel. Personally, I would prefer to have that option available. I doubt that I would ever take advantage of it, but having the option would make the fight easier.
    Interesting, as all I did was follow YOUR lead.

"Originally Posted by YardleyLabs
    Do you have any examples of his questionable ethics? The guy actually seems too pure if anything."

"Originally Posted by road kill
    Do you have any examples of his purity??"

So, your "blow-viating" is good, my asking you the exact same question is 2nd grade playground levels.

You are a peice of work.

Do you think if you insult me and call me names I will go away like the others?

stan b & Elvis
    Last edited by road kill; 08-17-2009 at 10:29 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I think the problem that republicans have with advanced directives and living wills, is that it would be very difficult to distinguish between their normal functional level and brain-death. I'm sure many of them (and a handful of democrats in washington) already meet the criteria.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

In chronological order:

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    And his ethics, at the very least, are questionable!

Unless, of course, you are drinking the secular progressive KOOL-AID!!
    Do you have any examples of his questionable ethics? The guy actually seems too pure if anything.
    Do you have any examples of his purity??

The only thing I know about him is what he has written and stated.

You probably know sooooo much more!!
    I'm taking that as a non-response -- that is, you don't have any examples of his "questionable ethics".
    Yeah, like I said, I only know what he has said and written, you of course dance with semantics.

Show me examples to support his "purity."

You can't, just more of you blow-viating!!

That was an informative exchange!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I don't need to see any more BS on the brothers, I just know they need to be removed as far as possible from the seat of govt.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

If you are going to quote a pattern of replies, start from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    Dr. Zeke emanuele would have a group giving a thumbs up or down deciding if you had used your quota of health care and deserved to live.
    Check out his brother!!
    Richard, I think you would be hard pressed to find any evidence at all to suggest that beyond the usual chorus of right wing lies. He's a rather well known bioethicist (and oncologist) who absolutely discusses the ethics of how decisions are made when making such horrible decisions as who will receive a vital organ transplant when there are more people in need than there are organs. Are such discussions inappropriate? How do you believe such decisions should be made? Should we leave it to Anne Coulter? She would simply auction to organ off. Or maybe she would lead the charge in suggesting the sacrifice of the unworthy to provide a source of organs for the chosen.
    And his ethics, at the very least, are questionable!

Unless, of course, you are drinking the secular progressive KOOL-AID!!

Those decisions should be left to the individuals!!

Nice "cheap shot" at Anne Coulter.
    To what point??

Did you know Annes mother has cancer?
    Do you know who the primary care giver is??

What has Anne Coulter and your guesses on what should might do have to do with this?

I thought you told me all of your posts are researched, documented and well thought out??

Right..........

Now, type out about 5 paragraphs and a few charts....show us what a "BLOW HARD" is.
    Do you have any examples of his questionable ethics? The guy actually seems too pure if anything. Emanuel is definitely hard as nails, and his Hollywood agent brother probably has a bit of a silicon coating. However, Zeke seems to be pretty straight. But of course, he does seem to work more from facts and logic than from "his gut", so he obviously doesn't fit the mold of his conservative critics.
    Do you have any examples of his purity??

The only thing I know about him is what he has written and stated.

You probably know sooooo much more!!
    I'm taking that as a non-response -- that is, you don't have any examples of his "questionable ethics".
    Yeah, like I said, I only know what he has said and written, you of course dance with semantics.

Show me examples to support his "purity."

You can't, just more of you blow-viating!!
    Discussions with you inevitably revert to second grade playground levels. For background information on Zeke Emanuel, see http://www.cc.nih.gov/about/SeniorSt...l_emanuel.html. Also see http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...e-outrage.html which points out Zeke's long term opposition to euthanasia.

The basis for all the attacks on Zeke has been his support for advance planning directives, long supported by most Republicans until they decided that it was more fun to call such counseling (currently required by Medicare under provisions adopted with Republican leadership) "death panels". Both of my parents were allowed to die when their times came with no extraordinary efforts to prolong their bodies when their minds and souls had passed on. This was possible only because each left advance directives that expressed their desires. We could have taken advantage of all the "miracles" of modern medicine to keep their bodies technically alive for weeks or months longer.

I have prepared a similar directive and discussed this with my children to be sure they know my wishes. If you make different choices, that is you right and privilege as it should be, and I hope that you have also made those choices clear to guide those who may be forced to decide what happens if you are no longer able to direct your own care. Personally, I do not want the government or hospitals making those decisions without regard to my choices.

To seek to withhold information from people concerning the choices they may make concerning end of life care is fascism, not freedom. Is that what you support, or do you, like Zeke Emanuel, believe each person should be able to make his or her own choice? By the way, euthanasia is not a legal choice anywhere and is opposed by Zeke Emanuel. Personally, I would prefer to have that option available. I doubt that I would ever take advantage of it, but having the option would make the fight easier.
    I never replied to your comments concerning my "cheap shot" on Ann Coulter. I was referring to her statement that Zeke Emanuel was on her "death list" because of his so-called support for "death panels", a claim that I suspect she knows full well is unfounded. That her mother died of ovarian cancer is sad, but not unique. Zeke Emanuel's sister has Cerebral Palsy but that didn't prevent Palin from accusing him of being willing to withhold medical care for her challenged child, and both you and I have lost ones we love to cancer.

I look at the bills in Congress and see proposals that would better protect the choices of people facing the situations you and I have both faced. You look at those bills and see loss of freedom of choice. If I keep asking for references, it's because it might be easier to reconcile those different perceptions if we both begin from actual proposals on the table instead of from polemics published by either side.

Mr. and Mrs. Emanuel should write a book on raising successful kids. I'd buy it.

I imagine Mrs. Emanuel has trouble finding canasta partners at the local day center. "My son Irving is a dentist and my other son Seymour is a technical writer for IBM. What are your children up to, Mrs. Emanuel?"
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    In chronological order:

That was an informative exchange!
    And your contribution is?????????????
    Stan b & Elvis

[QUOTE=YardleyLabs;

Key word here is "you" not the government.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth