24 48.98%
  • 28"

22 44.90%
  • Other length "please explain"

3 6.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli sight and barrel length

Default Benelli sight and barrel length

Still pondering which SBE2 to get 26" or 28" in barrel. I have shoulderd both and the sight plane on the 28" seems to have the front site higher than the back bead. The 26" seems to be in line. I have heard that a benelli shoot higher than American shotguns and you should let the target rest on the top of the bead. Is this something that can be adjusted with the shims on the 28 to line the beads up or is it that the 26 is the right site plane for me? I'll post a pole on barrel length feel free to post any comments about which one you shoot and why. Please post color black,max 4, other.
    Dogtra Field Staff
    www.dogtra.com
    Powered by Euk Sport

jimboburnsy

Quote Originally Posted by TANK View Post
    Still pondering which SBE2 to get 26" or 28" in barrel. I have shoulderd both and the sight plane on the 28" seems to have the front site higher than the back bead. The 26" seems to be in line. I have heard that a benelli shoot higher than American shotguns and you should let the target rest on the top of the bead. Is this something that can be adjusted with the shims on the 28 to line the beads up or is it that the 26 is the right site plane for me? I'll post a pole on barrel length feel free to post any comments about which one you shoot and why. Please post color black,max 4, other.
    My grandfather taught me to "check the point" on a shotgun a long time ago. As many times as I have disregarded his advice, its always been right.

Basically, he told me to shoulder the weapon with my eyes closed and try to "feel" the barrell and sight picture lined up with your eye position. Open your shooting eye. Is the gun pointed where you thought it would be? If so, that's a great natural shooting gun for you (and why the old Spartan, matte finish 870 he gave me when I was in 6th grade is still my primary shooter).

In other words, I think you're a lot better off with a gun that feels right than trying to overcome a left-brain/right-brain fight everytime you pull the trigger.

Just my opinion, but I've bought shotguns that felt like writing with my left hand. I don't have 'em anymore.
    Last edited by jimboburnsy; 08-18-2009 at 03:37 PM.

One SBE in black and one in Max 4; one SBE II in black. For most of my hunting shotguns, I prefer 28" bbls, but in SBEs, I prefer 26" bbls. Due to the length of the receiver in a SBE, the shorter barrelled gun ends up being the same length as my other shotguns with 28" bbls, so the fit and swinging characteristics are the same. In sporting clays guns, however, I prefer 30" bbls, including for my .410 Browning XS Ultra.
    HRCH Meglyn's Maramaxx Daisycutter MH (Daisy)
    SHR Meglyn's Eye on the Prize JH (Molly)
    Meglyn's Timbrhuntn ValleyGirl (Lilly)
    Meglyn's Prime Time to Leave Me Lucille SH (Lucy)
    Meglyn's Lionheart MH (Little Guy)
    Meglyn-Firemark's I am NOT a Lab SH (Goldie)
    Meglyn's Lil Miss Sureshot (Annie)
    In memory of Chevy, HR Meglyn's Silverado Slim SH, July 20, 2006, HR Meglyn's Blue Ridge Belle MH, July 19, 2008 and HRCH Meglyn's Honest Abe MH, Aug 9, 2014.

www.meglynretrievers.com

fit and point of impact can be adjusted to a point with the shims but it may or may nor meet your needs at the end of the day

have a qualified person tell you if it fits or not

fit is more important than action, barrel length or anything else

barrel length is more an issue of balance and swing. both of those are a matter of preference

personally I shoot a max 4 28" in the SBE2, always wanted an original SBE but it never fit right so I never had one until the new gun game out.

the 26" swings too quickly for me and is uncomfortable
    Darrin Greene

i have a 26 sbe2 in black would not get the black agen it seems to get surface rust and scratches easily. 2 hunting buddy's have sbe2s in camo and they are a more durable finish. i will be sending mine out for the camo dipping
    Duane
    MAGGIES CADILLAC JACK (RIP)
    JAZ
    ACES BLACKWATER EXPRESS

http://www.canvasworksincmn.com

I have the SBE2 with the 26" in max 4 I put a TRU Glow sight on it because in low light conditions and dark tree lines it's hard to see the end of the barrel with the camo. I like the 26" because I shoot a lot of teal down here and they fly fast and close most of the time.
    Last edited by Scott Parker; 08-18-2009 at 06:38 PM.

I voted other. I would get the longest barrel offered. By the end of the season you are prolly going to be using the thing as a club anyway- might as well improve your reach.

Buy a Beretta regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I voted other. Buy a Beretta regards

Bubba
    Not offered in left hand. Feels a little bulky to me.
    Dogtra Field Staff
    www.dogtra.com