The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drill Baby Drill?????

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    My independent view of your comments are that they would be comical, if not having such real consequences.

Mr. Bush spent billions bombing Iraq, then spent trillions stabilizing and rebuilding, all while giving corporate welfare to the big oil companies, who pay less in effective tax rates than You and I!

Where was the outrage?
    DNF...I love you man!!!!!!

You have again proven my point....I think your independent view is what allows you to see it.

where WAS the outrage??? you ask: YOU ARE THE OUTRAGE!!!!!! your repeating the banter, MR Bush ( I think we still offer the respect of "President" even though they are not in office anymore, ie.President Clinton) spent billlions bombing....ya-da-ya-da

That is what you said right...see above for a refersher (kiinda like CE's..lol)

The protion you quoted of my post was INTENDED to make you think, here it is again

"could you imagine what the nation would say if Bush were to lend this kind of money out to a foreign country durring a major recession...wait we know what was said"

See you thought about it and came up with...."hey what was it I and MILLIONS of people were upset with....ohhhh yea, let me post it up for NCA to see, and then finish it off with "where was the outrage" ohhhh yea, wait, no this isnt gonna come out right.............duhhhhhoooo I did it again."

My point is WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE (funny huh, it's just my round about way of making you see the point)...this is a SCANDLE through and through and they are slipping it buy the american people...

yea you could say its on the rather small side of things at only 2 billion dollars, but it's that big toe in the cold water stuff I am worried about. To me this is just a Teaser.

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    DNF...I love you man!!!!!!

You have again proven my point....I think your independent view is what allows you to see it.

where WAS the outrage??? you ask: YOU ARE THE OUTRAGE!!!!!! your repeating the banter, MR Bush ( I think we still offer the respect of "President" even though they are not in office anymore, ie.President Clinton) spent billlions bombing....ya-da-ya-da

That is what you said right...see above for a refersher (kiinda like CE's..lol)

The protion you quoted of my post was INTENDED to make you think, here it is again

"could you imagine what the nation would say if Bush were to lend this kind of money out to a foreign country durring a major recession...wait we know what was said"

See you thought about it and came up with...."hey what was it I and MILLIONS of people were upset with....ohhhh yea, let me post it up for NCA to see, and then finish it off with "where was the outrage" ohhhh yea, wait, no this isnt gonna come out right.............duhhhhhoooo I did it again."

My point is WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE (funny huh, it's just my round about way of making you see the point)...this is a SCANDLE through and through and they are slipping it buy the american people...

yea you could say its on the rather small side of things at only 2 billion dollars, but it's that big toe in the cold water stuff I am worried about. To me this is just a Teaser.

NCA
    Glad I could help you prove your point. Whatever it is?! I'm sorry, but I couldn't follow your ecstatic victory speech there. I hope you have an extra pair of underwear nearby, after that.

BTW, check your etiquette at the keyboard....it is perfectly acceptable to refer to the POTUS as "Mr. so and so" or "President so and so". I always refer to Mr. Bush (sometimes just Bush, informally) But let me ask you, if you're so into proper respect for the President, do you mind when people use terms like "osama" or "obongo"?? Again, (get a clean pair of underwear ready just in case I sprung another one of your clever traps) where is your outrage? Seems pretty one-sided (ie partisan) to me!
    Last edited by dnf777; 08-21-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Glad I could help you prove your point. Whatever it is?! I'm sorry, but I couldn't follow your ecstatic victory speech there. I hope you have an extra pair of underwear nearby, after that.

BTW, check your etiquette at the keyboard....it is perfectly acceptable to refer to the POTUS as "Mr. so and so" or "President so and so". I always refer to Mr. Bush (sometimes just Bush, informally) But let me ask you, if you're so into proper respect for the President, do you mind when people use terms like "osama" or "obongo"?? Again, (get a clean pair of underwear ready just in case I sprung another one of your clever traps) where is your outrage? Seems pretty one-sided (ie partisan) to me!
    I am speaking on my outrage, hence the reason for my post to this topic. I am Pissed that our President (Mr. Obama) is giving 2 billion dollars to a forigen country's state run oil corp. that by the way doesn't need my tax money because they already are the 7th most profitable corp. in the world. (as reported by there earnings statements of 2008, 18 billion in profit). All so they can drill for oil, when this nation will not see any of the oil and lets throw mogas (jet fuel) on the fire, they have already contracted with CHINA to send 58,000,000 barrels of their oil to them. Now lets drop NAPALM on the fire and tell the real kicker...MR OBAMA doent want our own corp's putting there OWN money up (not tax payers money)to explore and drill here on our own waters. But China can set oil rigs/drilling platforms as close as 7 miles off our california coast. Lets Cap and Trade our energy companies and American citizens so we can send that tax money else where to benifit some other company and country.

GET REAL.

NCA

Did Not Finish 777 will be gone. When he has no responce, he's gone...
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I'm sure there is a perfectly logical reason for this and I suppose we will find out what it is as soon as the main stream press makes it up.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Did Not Finish 777 will be gone. When he has no responce, he's gone...
    Name calling? Real mature M&K. I thought the survey showed nobody under 18 on this forum? If I , or anyone else doesn't reply in what you feel is a reasonable time, perhaps its because I'm out with my boys, or training the dog, and not worried about satisfying your notion of a prompt reply. Besides, I find it a waste of time to respond to emotional outbursts.

I have no argument with NCA. If what he is saying about funding foreign oil is true, I'm pissed too. I just like to see consistency in the outrage, that way I know its real, and not just partisan hatred.

I'll pm you about the name calling, as it doesn't belong on this list.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/22/sc..._r=1&th&emc=th

Now this is confusing ... we loan $2 billion to a state-owned oil company to drill oil that they will sell back to us.

Then we want to set up a cap & trade system that raises the cost to U.S. citizens for all kinds of energy usage. You might say that this energy is the fuel to fight the recession.

Meanwhile, Brazil strips 700 acres of rain forest in five months, and seem to have no power to control the laws they have in effect in that regard. A Brazilian farmer turns down $150,000/year to do nothing (i.e. to not strip 12,500 acres of rain forest to plant soybeans).

For those who feel strongly about global warming, this should be a bit of an outrage.

So the U.N. wants to pay more to people not to farm this land, but the wise farmer has already said that the money would only be attractive if the land preserved were too difficult to farm anyhow.

I can't document who came up with this idea of trading carbon emissions to begin with, but whoever it was has a screw loose ... don't care whether it was a D or an R. Since they do it in Europe, maybe it was someone from over there.

If the U.N. is going to spend $ (a lot of it U.S. money), I'd rather see them provide vaccines for children in third world countries than throw it away on something like this.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

My independent view...
    Really?

All evidence to the contrary.

many like to feature themselves as independent or centrist or middle of the road, when in reality the positions they stake out are clearly right or left.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

OK, boys and girls lets follow the money here. Georgie Soros buys a 22% stake in Petrobras right before the USA and His "Boy" Obama send them 2 "Billion" for exploration??
    Still no fake outrage from the "LEFTISTS" on this board?
    Just Win

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Yesterday, the Wall Street Journal broke a story regarding Americans funding off-shore drillingÖin Brazil. According to the paper, the United States is loaning Brazilís state-owned oil company, Petrobras, $2 billion in the form of either a direct loan or loan guarantees. .

Did anyone consider that if we bought oil from Brazil our dependence on Venezuela's oil will be reduced and just maybe Hugo Chavez would be drummed out as the "President" of Venezuela?