The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drill Baby Drill?????

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Did anyone consider that if we bought oil from Brazil our dependence on Venezuela's oil will be reduced and just maybe Hugo Chavez would be drummed out as the "President" of Venezuela?
    "Brilliant" How about a better plan. Let us become energy independent which would include our own drilling.

At least we could regulate the environmental impact instead of shifting it to other parts of the world. Just like a liberal we want it, but not in my back yard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    "Brilliant" How about a better plan. Let us become energy independent which would include our own drilling.

At least we could regulate the environmental impact instead of shifting it to other parts of the world. Just like a liberal we want it, but not in my back yard.
    Right now the U.S. is the biggest importer of Venezuelan oil. We would have to sink billions of $ into searching for and drilling for oil. Venezuela is already pumping oil.

Roger,

Your point is? You are saying do it right now in Brazil. Why not do it here. We know, for the most part, where and how much oil we have we just have to let them drill.

Drill here now instead of shifting the to burdens and profits to other countries.

Why do you care if we get our oil from Chavez, I thought all liberals were fans of Chavez?
    Most of your heroes seem to be in love with the man and Obama is using his play book.

Did anyone consider that if we bought oil from Brazil our dependence on Venezuela's oil will be reduced and just maybe Hugo Chavez would be drummed out as the "President" of Venezuela?
    There's the "Spin" I have been waiting for from the Leftist.
    "It depends what the definition of is, is".
    "I was for the war before I was against the war"

You people just crack me up most days, please go to China, N Korea, Iran,
    and work on Hope and Change. Give me a call and let me know how your doin in a month or two.

If You Don't Like It Here Regards
    Just Win

Banned

Roger,

Your point is? You are saying do it right now in Brazil. Why not do it here. We know, for the most part, where and how much oil we have we just have to let them drill.
    U.S. HAS MASSIVE OIL RESERVES

There is an estimated 2 trillion barrels of oil buried beneath parts of Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. Geologists, petroleum companies and the federal government have known about these massive deposits for nearly a century. The trouble has always been: how do you get at it?

It is believed that the shale deposits in the Green River region of Colorado, Utah and Wyoming are holding the equivalent of approximately 1.5 trillion to 1.8 trillion barrels of oil. Called �oil shale� or �shale oil,� according to scientists and petroleum companies, much of it cannot be recovered with current technology due to the costly processing involved and the depth of the deposits buried beneath the Rocky Mountains.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm...ssive_oil.html

DRILL HERE DRILL NOW! SCREW THE REST OF THE WORLD. LET'S TAKE CARE OURSELVES FIRST!

I thought obama was for keeping jobs here and not sending them elswhere.

DRILL HERE DRILL NOW!

SINCERELY,
    Martin

Right now the U.S. is the biggest importer of Venezuelan oil. We would have to sink billions of $ into searching for and drilling for oil. Venezuela is already pumping oil.

So instead you are good with sinking BILLIONS into another country that will then sell us oil rather than our own?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

There is an estimated 2 trillion barrels of oil buried beneath parts of Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. Geologists, petroleum companies and the federal government have known about these massive deposits for nearly a century. The trouble has always been: how do you get at it?

It is believed that the shale deposits in the Green River region of Colorado, Utah and Wyoming are holding the equivalent of approximately 1.5 trillion to 1.8 trillion barrels of oil. Called �oil shale� or �shale oil,� according to scientists and petroleum companies, much of it cannot be recovered with current technology due to the costly processing involved and the depth of the deposits buried beneath the Rocky Mountains.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm...ssive_oil.html

From your cited reference:

"Shell has reportedly been studying ways to extract oil shale on land in Colorado since the 1990s. The company said it hopes to have a full-blown operation by 2010.
    Two others reportedly still in the running include Chevron and the Texas-based EGL Resources. Industry experts are optimistic that, with help from the government, new techniques can be developed to economically extract oil from the shale deposits and process it with relative ease."

(Issue #20, May 15, 2006)

HERE IS THE PROBLEM.

Government WILL NOT HELP...they would rather send the money else where....my arguement is and will be that these companies (I KNOW CHEVRON FOR SURE) is waiting for government to simply allow them to do it, they dont need the money they just need the OK.

THEY CANT GET IT....

NCA

[SIZE=2]http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm...ssive_oil.html

/SIZE]
    Again what is your point? Does the US not have coast line as well as Alaska to drill in? Oh wait, the left does not want to see oil rigs from their summer homes. Just like the left does not want clean wind farms near their property either. The Dems need to come up with solutions not more government take over. Oil will soon be their next target for government take over. Oil extraction technology is progressing every year and we could soon be able to extract shale type of oil.