Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The WSJ on the contradictions in Osamacare

The coming face of government healthcare :

The phone rings and the lady of the house answers, "Hello?"
    "Mrs. Sanders, please."
    "Speaking."
    "Mrs. Sanders, this is Dr. Jones at St. Agnes Laboratory. When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy to the lab last week, a biopsy from another Mr. Sanders arrived as well. We are now uncertain which one belongs to your husband. Frankly, either way the results are not too good."
    "What do you mean?" Mrs. Sanders asks nervously.
    "Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the other one tested positive for HIV. We can't tell which is which."
    "That's dreadful! Can you do the test again?" questioned Mrs. Sanders.
    "Normally we can, but the new health care system will only pay for these expensive tests just one time."
    "Well, what am I supposed to do now?"
    "The folks at Obama health care recommend that you drop your husband off somewhere in the middle of town. If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him."
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Do YOU have a job? You spend alot of time worrying about me. dave
    dave - I knew that you were a *****, you've told us numerous times. I also know that you are a professed conservative, hope you are better at being a ***** than you are at being a conservative. If you decide to give investment advice let me know, I'm sure you'll be able to pick a sure loser.

I've been a recipient of Uncle Sam's medicare program for over a decade so speak with some knowledge about anything government. The program isn't all that bad but I sometimes wonder about reimbursement rates. I'm sure we could handle our own health care without any Government muddling. I opposed the drug rebate program.

I'm at the point in time I do as I please. I'm running for city council this November & have a tremendous amount of support. I hope that translates into actual votes. I plan to donate the majority of the stipend I receive to projects I believe the city needs. That is not announced as it is only mine & my wife's business. I also sell my son's cheese (who is a damn good cheesemaker) at the Saturday Market here + do some wholesaling as well. Plus I do other things I am able to do. I did the dog thing for 45 years but have lost enthusiasm, though I have a dog capable of AA stuff & do train regularly. We hunt & enjoy ourselves.

As for worrying about you, I don't. You are just the most fertile of all the lefty's (some of whom make sense on occasion) on this forum.

I'll ask you this question - You're helping the losers, who can't seem to keep an appointment, are you actually contributing to a better society or are you creating more permissiveness in a society that already has too much? Are they entitled to any level of care if they are too shiftless to show up for something free? It may make you feel good, but remember, you would probably be more alert with your paying customers if the candle was only burned on one end.
    Last edited by Marvin S; 08-26-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    dave - I knew that you were a *****, you've told us numerous times. I also know that you are a professed conservative, hope you are better at being a ***** than you are at being a conservative. If you decide to give investment advice let me know, I'm sure you'll be able to pick a sure loser.

I've been a recipient of Uncle Sam's medicare program for over a decade so speak with some knowledge about anything government. The program isn't all that bad but I sometimes wonder about reimbursement rates. I'm sure we could handle our own health care without any Government muddling. I opposed the drug rebate program.

I'm at the point in time I do as I please. I'm running for city council this November & have a tremendous amount of support. I hope that translates into actual votes. I plan to donate the majority of the stipend I receive to projects I believe the city needs. That is not announced as it is only mine & my wife's business. I also sell my son's (who is a damn good cheesemaker) at the Saturday Market here + do some wholesaling as well. Plus I do other things I am able to do. I did the dog thing for 45 years but have lost enthusiasm, though I have a dog capable of AA stuff & do train regularly. We hunt & enjoy ourselves.

As for worrying about you, I don't. You are just the most fertile of all the lefty's (some of whom make sense on occasion) on this forum.

I'll ask you this question - You're helping the losers, who can't seem to keep an appointment, are you actually contributing to a better society or are you creating more permissiveness in a society that already has too much? Are they entitled to any level of care if they are too shiftless to show up for something free? It may make you feel good, but remember, you would probably be more alert with your paying customers if the candle was only burned on one end.
    I don't label myself, other than to say "independent". I guess that in itself is a label though? I look at each issue, and each candidate. I have found the democratic party (and my democratic friends) MUCH more tolerant of differing views than my republican friends, who all call me names of varying degrees of civility, and make it clear that I do not, and never COULD have fit in their party. (excecpt when we're drinking whiskey after a day at the skeet range, and they've forgotten my liberal tendencies)

As for the second question, I'm not sure what you are asking. They may tick me off, as anyone would be for having their time wasted, but I treat all folks, regardless of their ability to pay. If someone no-shows 3 times without explanation, they are dismissed from the practice. That is a relatively common policy. Its not meant to be punitive, its just that (as you mention) it begins to impact other more responsible patients, and apparently, they're not interested in care anyway.

My 403b is up 41% this year, but I'm not giving out advice! Besides, it probably won't last.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

As for the second question, I'm not sure what you are asking.
    My experience is, when someone earns something, they appreciate it! That's the point I was trying to make.

If you go to the Food Bank for your chow, get free medical, can draw a little Welfare, get UIC, why should you contribute? Who's at fault, the enablers that provide this without asking questions & setting standards.

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

My experience is, when someone earns something, they appreciate it! That's the point I was trying to make.

If you go to the Food Bank for your chow, get free medical, can draw a little Welfare, get UIC, why should you contribute? Who's at fault, the enablers that provide this without asking questions & setting standards.
    I assume you're not saying that doctors should turn people away, if perhaps they just lost their jobs and insurance? Or if a new widow lost her husband's coverage?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I assume you're not saying that doctors should turn people away, if perhaps they just lost their jobs and insurance? Or if a new widow lost her husband's coverage?
    - & you screen for this? But I do believe you know who we were talking about, I'll give you that much credit.

Marvin S

- & you screen for this? But I do believe you know who we were talking about, I'll give you that much credit.
    I don't have to screen. Most proud people who are victims of this economy volunteer that they lost their jobs after x number of years, and have no insurance. (or are waiting for medicare)