The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AP sources: Report shows CIA interrogation methods

Banned

Default AP sources: Report shows CIA interrogation methods

WASHINGTON (AP) -- As the Justice Department considers whether to investigate alleged harsh interrogation practices sanctioned by the Bush administration, sources say a soon-to-be-released report by the CIA's inspector general reveals that agency interrogators conducted mock executions of terror suspects.

Threatening a prisoner with death violates U.S. anti-torture laws.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-22-09-16-13
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 08-22-2009 at 12:40 PM.

sounds good.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    WASHINGTON (AP) -- As the Justice Department considers whether to investigate alleged harsh interrogation practices sanctioned by the Bush administration, sources say a soon-to-be-released report by the CIA's inspector general reveals that agency interrogators conducted mock executions of terror suspects.

Threatening a prisoner with death violates U.S. anti-torture laws.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-22-09-16-13
    They didn't killem did they?? WORKS FOR ME.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

They should have let me at those terrorists, waterboarding and such would have seemed tame. When they enlisted in Terror Inc, they gave CIA license to interrogate them as necessary. Terrorists deserve NO RIGHTS.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Is my family safer or more in danger?

I think I know the answer.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

As I have siad many times, I don't care what they do to them, Pull fingernails off, beat them, I don't care, Good for the CIA and the Bush admin for doing what it takes
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    As I have siad many times, I don't care what they do to them, Pull fingernails off, beat them, I don't care, Good for the CIA and the Bush admin for doing what it takes
    Is that what you believe the law should permit or what you believe should be done even when it is explicitly illegal?

anyone know what the range of punishment allowed by the statute for anyone that breaks that particualr law?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Is that what you believe the law should permit or what you believe should be done even when it is explicitly illegal?
    In some instances, for national security for instance, suspension of the law is a necessary evil.

When you speak of "explicitly illegal", there's morally, a big difference, miles and miles actually between murder and mayhem and interrogation techniques that do no physical harm but do produce enough psychological discomfort to get valued information that will prevent further m/m.

Folks here in the US have to understand that these people are not just mere combatants, but inflamed sociopaths with serious political agendas. Agendas that include death to the infidels....anyone that doesn't hold to their value system.....they commit execution style murder on relatively innocent people, like women who have affairs or will flog in public a young woman not wearing a burka or wearing pants.

Psychological intimidation seems a little tame in comparison to behaviour like that. Laws like that were put in place by people who want the US to lose. These people need to understand that if they were somehow to be over-run by the extremists, their support of these laws would not mean a thing, violence would be visited on them right along with any other infidel.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Is my family safer or more in danger?

I think I know the answer.
    Really, I have an elephant no tresspassing sign elephants will be shot on sight in my front yard. And wouldn't you know I have not had one elephant show up in my yard?