The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AP sources: Report shows CIA interrogation methods

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    In some instances, for national security for instance, suspension of the law is a necessary evil.

When you speak of "explicitly illegal", there's morally, a big difference, miles and miles actually between murder and mayhem and interrogation techniques that do no physical harm but do produce enough psychological discomfort to get valued information that will prevent further m/m.

Folks here in the US have to understand that these people are not just mere combatants, but inflamed sociopaths with serious political agendas. Agendas that include death to the infidels....anyone that doesn't hold to their value system.....they commit execution style murder on relatively innocent people, like women who have affairs or will flog in public a young woman not wearing a burka or wearing pants.

Psychological intimidation seems a little tame in comparison to behaviour like that. Laws like that were put in place by people who want the US to lose. These people need to understand that if they were somehow to be over-run by the extremists, their support of these laws would not mean a thing, violence would be visited on them right along with any other infidel.
    You don't find anything contradictory in your statements do you?

For example, is an Iraqi national who detonates an IED directed at an occupying foreign army, that invaded under a false pretext, yet remains under yet another false pretext, acting in the perception of his 'national security' or is he just another garden variety terrorist?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Threatening a prisoner with death violates U.S. anti-torture laws.
    There is something oxymoronic about this....a "threat" of death against an enemy combatant is "illegal." Now, HE and his fellow jihadists can capture an American, show him to the world via videotape, threaten HIM with death lest he admit to committing atrocities against Iraq/Afghanistan...and that's okay....

To quote Chris Cooper in "American Beauty:" "This world is going straight to hell."

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Thumbs down

Well I can say just one thing ........WHY DID THEY JUST THREATEN THEM? The terrorists don't stop with ours. They don't just threaten they KILL ours.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Really, I have an elephant no tresspassing sign elephants will be shot on sight in my front yard. And wouldn't you know I have not had one elephant show up in my yard?
    Nice try, but that is not a valid analogy.

Try again. This time you might try symbolic logic.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    There is something oxymoronic about this....a "threat" of death against an enemy combatant is "illegal." Now, HE and his fellow jihadists can capture an American, show him to the world via videotape, threaten HIM with death lest he admit to committing atrocities against Iraq/Afghanistan...and that's okay....

To quote Chris Cooper in "American Beauty:" "This world is going straight to hell."

kg
    If we follow their rules, how are we better? It still seems to me that there is a difference between endorsing a change in the laws to make torture legal or to make certain types of torture legal under certain circumstances, vs. engaging in behavior that is explicitly against our laws. If we are going to say that laws may be suspended at times for "national defense", we still need to define the legal framework within which that will be done.accepting that, for now, Obama could be the one making that determination.

Otey, in my mind, the day we begin to behave like al Quaeda, we are al Quaeda and deserve the same contempt.

Jeff, you REALLY don't want to go there.

al Qaeda flies planes into buildings....they have no shame for killing thousands of innocents all over the world....and show no signs of stopping.

Please don't make the comparison that if we THREATEN a prisoner, we are the same as they are....that's left-wing logic beyond the pale.

I'm good with the "closing Guantanamo" thing, although I think it's less and less likely (and "we can't handle the truth")....Abu Ghraib could have been a WHOLE lot worse (think Dachau or Buchenwald)....but rules in war that only one side has to follow?....what a joke regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Yardley, when I was in command of troops in the military I did what it took to keep men in my command SAFE. My men felt safe because they knew that. Obama is the Commander in Chief I don't feel safe now because of the dumb ideas this old mean world is Utopia. He has the village idiots as his advisors and the agenda they have for the USA sure isn't my way of thinking. If you believe all the stuff that is being spouted by the government you must believe the nursery rhyme "THE SKY IS FALLING". The ones needing waterboarding is our Congress as they have sold out the American people to the special interest groups. I have lost all trust in our government.A housecleaning and reform needs to take place but will never happen because of the money that changes hands in our government. I have a friend that is an FBI agent. He did 6 months undercover on corruption in our Congress. Had a UHAUL truck full of evidence and the Justice Department QUASHED it. Funny business to me. Change YEAH we need it . Clean out the CROOKS>
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown49 aka Otey B View Post
    Clean out the CROOKS>
    We did. Except we replaced them with more crooks.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Jeff, you REALLY don't want to go there.

al Qaeda flies planes into buildings....they have no shame for killing thousands of innocents all over the world....and show no signs of stopping.

Please don't make the comparison that if we THREATEN a prisoner, we are the same as they are....that's left-wing logic beyond the pale.

I'm good with the "closing Guantanamo" thing, although I think it's less and less likely (and "we can't handle the truth")....Abu Ghraib could have been a WHOLE lot worse (think Dachau or Buchenwald)....but rules in war that only one side has to follow?....what a joke regards,

kg
    Yeah, KG. Let's set the standard at the lowest common denominator. Lets have 'them' set the standard for 'us'. Good choice.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

JD are you condoning the planting of IED's by your EXAMPLE? I bet your standards would change after your son or nephew or neighbor gets shreaded by IED, maybe you can invite the SOB's to your home and apoligize. You should stick to posting your redneck links!
    Pat