The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AP sources: Report shows CIA interrogation methods

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    JD are you condoning the planting of IED's by your EXAMPLE? I bet your standards would change after your son or nephew or neighbor gets shreaded by IED, maybe you can invite the SOB's to your home and apoligize. You should stick to posting your redneck links!
    Pat
    That is extremely out of context, mean, and offensive. Nobody on this list would condone IEDs and YOU KNOW IT. If someone has a different point of view, the typical response is to twist words into making someone condone killing of our boys and girls? (men and women I should say, I'm just getting old)

And referring to Yardley as a "redneck" is insulting to us true rednecks! Hell, I bet he's never even carried a gun to a presidential rally!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Jeff, you REALLY don't want to go there.

al Qaeda flies planes into buildings....they have no shame for killing thousands of innocents all over the world....and show no signs of stopping.

Please don't make the comparison that if we THREATEN a prisoner, we are the same as they are....that's left-wing logic beyond the pale.

I'm good with the "closing Guantanamo" thing, although I think it's less and less likely (and "we can't handle the truth")....Abu Ghraib could have been a WHOLE lot worse (think Dachau or Buchenwald)....but rules in war that only one side has to follow?....what a joke regards,

kg
    Keith,

If you read my post, I think you will find I did no such thing. I said that if we begin to act like al Quaeda we are no better than they are. That means if we begin to execute prisoners in interrogation, as Otey seemed to suggest, then we deserve to be held in the same contempt as those who behead prisoners on TV.

My comment about the threats to kill have to do with whether or not you are condoning an interrogation technique that all agree is illegal under US law. Personally I would not like the law to be changed to make such a technique legal. You seem to be saying that either it should be legal, which I would understand, or that we should all agree that the law doesn't matter in cases of national security. That surprised me based on your normal respect for rules and laws and I was wondering if you actually believe that or if you simply don't want to deal with the fact that the law that exists was apparently broken.

Holding mock executions on a jihadist is like offering a child a piece of candy and not giving it to them

You know,,,,just a senerio----if we ever had a civil war in this country left against right I would spend most of my time trying to get captured. The liberals make everything seem like a vacation.

Totally brutal

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 08-23-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Really, I have an elephant no trespassing sign elephants will be shot on sight in my front yard. And wouldn't you know I have not had one elephant show up in my yard?

Really... And this worked after the elephants flew commercial jet liners into two sky scrapers in your yard and killed a bunch of people...? Damn! Why didn't the Dubya administration think of it. Just put up terrorist no trespassing signs. While your at it, throw something on the signs for the illegal immigrants so they know to stay out as well. Lets get these signs up ASAP! Please pass this info on to the current administration and all will be right with the world.

"Here's your sign" regards... Danny
    Last edited by DSO; 08-23-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Obama just shifted the war on terrorists to the war on taxpayers!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    You don't find anything contradictory in your statements do you?

For example, is an Iraqi national who detonates an IED directed at an occupying foreign army, that invaded under a false pretext, yet remains under yet another false pretext, acting in the perception of his 'national security' or is he just another garden variety terrorist?

Well for one....we're not at war with Iraq or Iraqi nationals that are in anyway supported by the Iraqi government. If Iraqi nationals have joined Al Queda, then absolutely they are just another garden variety terrorist that needs to be helped expeditiously along to his virgins.

Secondly, Your judgements about an occupying foreign army and false pretexts don't wash here and more importantly over there, just ask the hundreds of thousands Iraqi 'nationals' with ink stained fingers.

Thirdly, a terrorist with a perception of 'national security'? Puh-leeze.
    Last edited by TXduckdog; 08-23-2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post
    Really... And this worked after the elephants flew commercial jet liners into two sky scrapers in your yard and killed a bunch of people...? Damn! Why didn't the Dubya administration think of it. Just put up terrorist no trespassing signs. While your at it, throw something on the signs for the illegal immigrants so they know to stay out as well. Lets get these signs up ASAP! Please pass this info on to the current administration and all will be right with the world.

"Here's your sign" regards... Danny
    Here is an example how Bush was "protecting our country against terrorists" after 9/11.

MIAMI - Seven people were arrested Thursday in connection with the early stages of a plot to attack Chicago’s Sears Tower and other buildings in the U.S., federal law-enforcement sources told NBC News.
    FBI agents swarmed over a warehouse in Miami's Liberty City area, using a blowtorch to take off its metal door. Neighbors said the suspects said they were Muslim and had tried to recruit young people to join their group, which seemed militaristic.

Now, these "terrorists" were probably sitting around smoking crack fantasizing about blowing up a building as I used to do as a child should we be invaded by Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Here is an example how Bush was "protecting our country against terrorists" after 9/11.

MIAMI - Seven people were arrested Thursday in connection with the early stages of a plot to attack Chicago’s Sears Tower and other buildings in the U.S., federal law-enforcement sources told NBC News.
    FBI agents swarmed over a warehouse in Miami's Liberty City area, using a blowtorch to take off its metal door. Neighbors said the suspects said they were Muslim and had tried to recruit young people to join their group, which seemed militaristic.

Now, these "terrorists" were probably sitting around smoking crack fantasizing about blowing up a building as I used to do as a child should we be invaded by Russians.
    Pink elephants possibly...?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Keith,

If you read my post, I think you will find I did no such thing. I said that if we begin to act like al Quaeda we are no better than they are. That means if we begin to execute prisoners in interrogation, as Otey seemed to suggest, then we deserve to be held in the same contempt as those who behead prisoners on TV.
    Well, you didn't include "if" in your post...and the question is whether or not we can THREATEN a prisoner (our method, our ILLEGAL method...) as opposed to their "parade them around on al Jazeera TV, make them sound like cowards, and do it all to build support for our admittedly terrorist organization"....oh, and then kill them if we so choose "style." Apples to apples, right?

My comment about the threats to kill have to do with whether or not you are condoning an interrogation technique that all agree is illegal under US law. Personally I would not like the law to be changed to make such a technique legal. You seem to be saying that either it should be legal, which I would understand, or that we should all agree that the law doesn't matter in cases of national security. That surprised me based on your normal respect for rules and laws and I was wondering if you actually believe that or if you simply don't want to deal with the fact that the law that exists was apparently broken.
    My opinion is NOT going to set US policy on the matter...nor is yours. Yes, I DO think it should be legal...this is war and war is barbaric, ESPECIALLY when you are fighting a combatant that has displayed ZERO regard for human life, innocent bystander or not. THAT breaks the "rules," Jeff....THAT makes all "humane treatment of captives" clauses null and void in my book, much less "theatening" them. Does the Geneva Convention (or its current title) matter to al Qaeda? THEY WILL KILL THEIR OWN PEOPLE, Jeff. You don't/can't "reason" with animals like that. They KNOW what our "laws" are and they will exploit them to their advantage. They WANT us to waste our time worrying about 3 detainees at Guantanamo being waterboarded...they WANT us to spend time prosecuting some grunts over putting a detainee on a leash and taking a picture of him naked. WE have the problem here, Jeff....WE are trying to make war HUMANE...and theres no such thing....no such thing.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Jeff

I searched for the punishment allowed by statute for such a heinous crime as threatening to kill a prisoner. I also asked above. The article didn't mention it and I couldn’t find it.

How does your liberal sensibility weigh such a heinous deed? Is it a day of with pay and a reprimand, the equivalent of a traffic ticket for speeding (some type of fine), dishonorable discharge, some jail time or a felony of the highest order worthy of the highest punishment our society can hand out and disgrace of his/her military or civilian (cia) career for the individual performing the act?

Lets assume there is no lower limit and the upper limit is 10 years in a federal prison.

Just want to know where you stand
    Last edited by subroc; 08-23-2009 at 06:19 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.