The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: AP sources: Report shows CIA interrogation methods

And those are the methods we KNOW about....

I wonder what would have happened if all we offered to feed them every day was pork...would that have been considered "too tough" for them psychologically???

"The horror...." regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    This was after BHO had stated earlier this year that there would be NO criminal investigations. He's got to divert attention from his Health Care debacle and the Cap and Trade morass to follow....business as usual in Washington....

kg
    From the same article:

Despite the announcement of the criminal investigation, several Obama spokesmen declared anew — as the president has repeatedly — that on the subject of detainee interrogation he "wants to look forward, not back" at Bush tactics. They took pains to say decisions on any prosecutions would be up to Attorney General Eric Holder, not the White House.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32538742...more_politics/

Oh...yeah....that's MUCH better....Holder is BHO's pick for the office...you think he wants to give up HIS job? PLEASE tell me you're not THAT naive, Roger...."took pains"....I LOVE that...it makes feel all warm inside....

kg

I wonder if these people are as upset about the waterboarding of AQ terrorists as the house liberals here? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GwDYFxb8pi...11_jumpers.jpg
    Last edited by Hew; 08-25-2009 at 01:52 PM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Despite the announcement of the criminal investigation, several Obama spokesmen declared anew — as the president has repeatedly — that on the subject of detainee interrogation he "wants to look forward, not back" at Bush tactics. They took pains to say decisions on any prosecutions would be up to Attorney General Eric Holder, not the White House.
    BHO and the AG are both attorneys. Right? BHO chose Holder for his job. Right? They disagree on this pretty high-profile issue? Would not have Holder and BHO discussed this issue at some point? So, BHO made a very public statement regarding the issue. Now Holder has changed his mind?

Has Holder got nothing better to do?

What does this do to help the CIA in cooperating with other countries' intelligence networks? Somehow I believe that there are a lot of other countries, both friends and enemies, that are either shaking their heads in disbelief or chuckling.

Since BHO is one for taking a personal hand in stuff, why not just reprimand, demote or otherwise exercise his clout so that this situation doesn't happen again. Quick, easy, and a heckuva lot cheaper than what this investigation will cost us taxpayers.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I wonder if these people are as upset about the waterboarding of AQ terrorists as the house liberals here? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GwDYFxb8pi...11_jumpers.jpg
    Or maybe these three dudes www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeAG-jq8VvA
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Since BHO is one for taking a personal hand in stuff, why not just reprimand, demote or otherwise exercise his clout so that this situation doesn't happen again. Quick, easy, and a heckuva lot cheaper than what this investigation will cost us taxpayers.
    How much did the Republicians cost the tax payers in the investigation of Bill Clinton and Monica? Which by the way, was minor compared to laws Bush broke while in office.

Clinton played us for fools, Roger. You good with that? Probably so, since the economy was cookin' when he was Prez....we'll forgive people for a LOT as long as we's a gettin' ours.....

kg

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    How much did the Republicians cost the tax payers in the investigation of Bill Clinton and Monica? Which by the way, was minor compared to laws Bush broke while in office.
    And Ford was criticized for pardoning Nixon and avoiding the taxpayer-funded circus that would have resulted from not pardoning him. Never liked Nixon, yet, I believe it was the right thing to do for the country.

We keep getting back to two wrongs making a right. Perhaps that is why the politicians have become so ineffective, because they are focusing more on getting their tit for tat than they are on the best interests of the constituents.

According to the NY Times article I just read, this is also a distraction for Obama with all the other things that need his attention. The article also cited that action had been taken at the CIA to discipline the parties involved in those interrogations. It appears that they want to go after the lawyers who gave the legal advice that allowed the methods to be used.

What really surprises me is that Iron-Fist Rahm was not able to prevent this divisiveness in the ranks. They say Rahm is known for his "colorful" language. He must be spitting rainbows now.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.