The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using the "nuclear " option

Healthcare Reform without Tort Reform is a non-starter.

But the Dems won't go there.

And I can't wait until they are forced to deal with the illegal alien healthcare issue.

To wit, notice how on one hand Osama says that illegals won't be offered free healthcare insurance...and on the other hand, believes that they should not be turned away from the emergency room. Who the hell does he think pays for the "emergency room"?

Democrats are actually quite simple creatures actually. They believe that government knows what's best for you and your money better than you do. And to consolidate their powerbase, they pass out entitlements to those too lazy or unwilling to make something of themselves.

Whew! I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Political suicide would be failing to pass HCR.
    Especially since BHO declared it WILL be passed....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by junfan68 View Post
    Healthcare Reform without Tort Reform is a non-starter.

But the Dems won't go there.

And I can't wait until they are forced to deal with the illegal alien healthcare issue.

To wit, notice how on one hand Osama says that illegals won't be offered free healthcare insurance...and on the other hand, believes that they should not be turned away from the emergency room. Who the hell does he think pays for the "emergency room"?

Democrats are actually quite simple creatures actually. They believe that government knows what's best for you and your money better than you do. And to consolidate their powerbase, they pass out entitlements to those too lazy or unwilling to make something of themselves.

Whew! I feel better now.
    The fact that illegal aliens receive emergency care has nothing to do with health care reform. It relates to the fact that under Medicare, since 1986 (President Reagan), the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act has mandated that all emergency care providers receiving medicare funds provide care without regard to the ability of the recipient to pay. This includes illegal aliens. With the adoption of the medicare prescription program (under President Bush), $250 million in Federal funds were designated for payment of costs associated with emergency care provided to illegal aliens. The law does not relieve the individual of responsibility for payment. However, less than half of emergency room bills for uninsured persons are paid. BTW, even before the Federal law was passed, most states had laws requiring provision of emergency care without regard to payment.

The fact that illegal aliens receive emergency care has nothing to do with health care reform.
    It will after the next step in the agenda ... amnesty.

Yes, McCain supported that as well; I disagree with both of them on that on the principle that there are those standing in line for legal admission to the US. It is a slap in the face to those people to just let the illegals stay here with no penalty for their illegal entry. They broke the law ... and we should "reward" that?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    That's a pretty ridiculous comment. Did you think the same of GWB when he used the "nuclear" option to overcome resistance to tax cuts and to open ended off the books financing for the war? What about the Republican Senate leadership when they began pursuing the "nuclear" option to ram judges down the throats of the Democrats? Or do you save your outrage for those with whom you disagree. Within limits, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    Different as Dog Turds and Apples Jeff.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Different as Dog Turds and Apples Jeff.
    I never called Bush and his cronies "Dog Turds" and I don't think you should either.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    We can agree on that. First step, will be to restore funding to the VA that Bush reduced in his last budget.

http://www.truthout.org/article/vete...ve-budget-cuts

Uh....you missed something....like the facts..... from the same article....."The White House budget office, however, assumes that the veterans' medical services budget - up 83 percent since Bush took office and winning a big increase in Bush's proposed 2008 budget - can absorb a 2 percent cut the following year and remain essentially frozen for three years in a row after that."

And this....."The budget for hospital and medical care for veterans is funded for the current year at $35.6 billion, and would rise to $39.6 billion in 2008 under Bush's budget. That's about 9 percent. But the budget faces a cut to $38.8 billion in 2009 and would hover around that level through 2012."

So how can you say he reduced the funding? I love it when the Left claim a republican reduced funding when what happened was the actual budget numbers was ONLY 9% instead of the projected budget increase was 11%.

Your source Truthout.org is nothing but a subsidary of MoveOn.org....a leftist, democratic site.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.