The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Want to have some fun? Google "Obama Approval Rating"

  1. #1
    Senior Member Paul Kartes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Harvard, IL
    Posts
    197

    Default Want to have some fun? Google "Obama Approval Rating"

    The top one, but all hits are the same : Obama Approval Rating Hits Record Low‎.

    Doesn't matter if you think Fox News sucks or MSNBC sucks, they are all reporting the same thing...

    200 days in office and he drops 20 points..
    Last edited by Paul Kartes; 08-24-2009 at 05:57 PM.
    Paul Kartes
    Lakota Retrievers

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kartes View Post
    The top one, but all hits are the same : Obama Approval Rating Hits Record Low‎.

    Doesn't matter if you think Fox News sucks or MSNBC sucks, they are all reporting the same thing...

    200 days in office and he drops 20 points..
    If you really want to have a really good laugh, look at Bush's final approval rating.

    Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent

    CBS News/N.Y. Times Poll Finds President Will Leave Office With Lowest Final Approval Rating Ever

    CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

    Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

    Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.

    CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

    Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

    Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4728399.shtml
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 08-24-2009 at 06:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,683

    Default

    Tell me again why we thought GWB was so stupid:

    If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?


    If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?


    If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?


    If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?


    If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisors with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

    If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the fourth of May (Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

    If George W. Bush had misspelled the word advice would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as "proof" of what a dunce he is?

    If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on "Earth Day," would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

    If George W. Bush's administration had ok'd Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually "get" what happened on 9-11?

    If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

    If George W. Bush had failed to send aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?


    If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?


    If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt --which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate -- in one year, would you have approved?


    If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

    If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

    If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

    So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 6 months -- so you'll have three years and six months to come up with an answer.
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #4
    Senior Member Paul Kartes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Harvard, IL
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Why are we still talking about Bush. Do we want to talk about the Carter years?
    Paul Kartes
    Lakota Retrievers

  5. #5
    Senior Member Nor_Cal_Angler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Ca
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    If you really want to have a really good laugh, look at Bush's final approval rating.

    Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent

    CBS News/N.Y. Times Poll Finds President Will Leave Office With Lowest Final Approval Rating Ever

    CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

    Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

    Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.

    CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

    Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

    Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4728399.shtml
    Roger,

    Compare the first 6 months of office between the two...keep an even playing field.

    I would say lets talk 8 year approval ratings between the two when Obama reaches 8 years, but I must say I do not think Obama will make it 8 years. I just do not see the American people voting him back to office after this term. I dont (obviously) have any way to be sure of this but, my gut tells me he wont be offered the oppertunity again.

    NCA

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Tell me again why we thought GWB was so stupid:
    "One of the very difficult parts of the decision I made on the financial crisis was to use hardworking people's money to help prevent there to be a crisis." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

    "So I analyzed that and decided I didn't want to be the president during a depression greater than the Great Depression, or the beginning of a depression greater than the Great Depression." --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Dec. 18, 2008

    "I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

    "Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people." --George W. Bush, Charlottesville, Va., July 4, 2008

    The word limit will not let me print all the stupid things Bush said. for more see: http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm
    Then tell me how smart bush is.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Paul Kartes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Harvard, IL
    Posts
    197

    Default

    "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

    "Obama"
    Paul Kartes
    Lakota Retrievers

  8. #8
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kartes View Post
    "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

    "Obama"
    At least he corrected himself in the same speech -- a campaign speech in 2007 -- saying "“There are going to be times when I get tired,” he said. “There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes.”

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Roger,

    Compare the first 6 months of office between the two...keep an even playing field.

    I would say lets talk 8 year approval ratings between the two when Obama reaches 8 years, but I must say I do not think Obama will make it 8 years. I just do not see the American people voting him back to office after this term. I dont (obviously) have any way to be sure of this but, my gut tells me he wont be offered the oppertunity again.

    NCA
    How can you have an even playing field when Bush came into office he did not have a 7 trillion dollar deficit and and 2 wars to fund?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Bush's Approval rating:
    http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm

    Clinton's Approval rating:
    http://www.pollingreport.com/clinton-.htm

    Obama's Approval rating:
    PRINCETON, N.J. (July 12) - President Barack Obama averaged a 58% job approval rating for the first eight days of July, down from an average of 61% for June, according to the Gallup Poll. His approval rating is down most significantly among independents, to 53% so far in July from an average of 59% in June; it has dropped two points a
    Republicans (from 25% in June to 23% so far in July) and has gone up a point among Democrats, to 90%.
    Looks like the republicans only give Obama a 23% approval rating. Sour Grapes maybe?

    August approval ratings:

    Obama Approval Rating at 47%

    by Chris Ballard on August 13, 2009
    Don’t be surprised folks, President Obama’s approval rating is dropping. This happens to all presidents when there is controversy. Right now President Obama has three major issues on his plate, Health Care, Iraq, and the Economy.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 08-25-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. approval rating
    By subroc in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
  2. Let's have some fun with our "useless credentials" FUN GDG
    By Fowl Play WA in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 09:08 PM
  3. "Ferreting" - British Outdoor Fun (bumped)
    By Chris Atkinson in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 04:31 PM
  4. Biden "Electing Obama will cause International Crisis" (Political GDG)
    By AmiableLabs in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 10:07 PM
  5. Retriever " Fun Games"
    By MDbaydog in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 10:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •