The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Ahhhh...Isn't this great?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    The govt controlled press is in Osama's pocket. MSNBC and the entire NBC org is owned by GE. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt was recently appointed to the NY Bd of governors for the Federal Reserve. Its a no brainer that NBC is going to sing the party tunes while Barak Hussein is in office. And folks wonder why I watch Fox for news and don't read the Washington compost.
    I'll just add that in exchange for NBC's support of all things Obama, GE owners of NBC have been awarded tens of billions in Green Project contracts by the Obama administration.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

So much for "change" in Washington....nothing like a good dose of business as usual....

Campaign promises? WHAT campaign promises regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'll just add that in exchange for NBC's support of all things Obama, GE owners of NBC have been awarded tens of billions in Green Project contracts by the Obama administration.
    Do you have any references on this? I haven't been able to find anything about $10's of billions in green program awards. In 2008, GE made a little over $2 million in political donations of which 52% went to Democrats and 48% to Republicans. This was a radical shift from prior years when two-thirds of its contributions went to Republicans. GE has received about $3 billion in Federal contracts over the last 15 years and, under GWB, there was criticism of the number of no bid contracts that it was awarded. In recent years, GE has made a strategic decision to focus on green technologies. In the face of increasing envronmental regulation it has been closing down much of its manufacturing operations for incandescent bulbs and shiftng more resources to LED's. Under the Federal Green program it has received some contracts (10's of millions, not billions, that I could find) for supplying LEDs for traffic signals.

Given its revenues of $180+ billion per year, multi-billion dollar federal contracts would be big news. I was surprised to see no real movement in its stock.

EDIT: BTW, the largest recipient of funds from GE was Saxby Chambliss who was given $15000 for his 2008 campaign.

EDIT2: My statements on contributions only included GE's PAC contributions. When all contributions from both GE PAC and employees are considered, the total for the 2008 cycle increases to over $3 million with two thirds going to Democrats. This is the first cycle since 1994 when Democrats have received the majority of GE contributions according to opensecrets.org.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 08-29-2009 at 07:22 PM.

[QUOTE=YardleyLabs;490281
    Obama does not support affirmative action because he is black. He supports affirmative action because he is a liberal. Obama is not supporting universal health coverage because he is black and wants "reparations"; he is supporting it in the same traditions in which it has been supported since LBJ and the Kennedy's began supporting such coverage in the 1960's. He does not support aggressive efforts to count the poor and minorities in the Census because he is black; he supports those actions because it is right to include everyone and because he believes those voters will support the Democratic party. Republicans have systematically sought to prevent full counts of those people in the Census and to exclude those people from voting because it would shift resources and power to Democratic strongholds.
    attacking that privilege.

How do you know why Obmama does anything he does? You guys been having lunch? He told you this? I doubt it. He does what he does to suit his best interests and the interest of those who are pulling his strings. He didn't get to where he is on his own and because of his beliefs. Give me a break!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Do you have any references on this? I haven't been able to find anything about $10's of billions in green program awards. In 2008, GE made a little over $2 million in political donations of which 52% went to Democrats and 48% to Republicans. This was a radical shift from prior years when two-thirds of its contributions went to Republicans. GE has received about $3 billion in Federal contracts over the last 15 years and, under GWB, there was criticism of the number of no bid contracts that it was awarded. In recent years, GE has made a strategic decision to focus on green technologies. In the face of increasing envronmental regulation it has been closing down much of its manufacturing operations for incandescent bulbs and shiftng more resources to LED's. Under the Federal Green program it has received some contracts (10's of millions, not billions, that I could find) for supplying LEDs for traffic signals.

Given its revenues of $180+ billion per year, multi-billion dollar federal contracts would be big news. I was surprised to see no real movement in its stock.

EDIT: BTW, the largest recipient of funds from GE was Saxby Chambliss who was given $15000 for his 2008 campaign.

EDIT2: My statements on contributions only included GE's PAC contributions. When all contributions from both GE PAC and employees are considered, the total for the 2008 cycle increases to over $3 million with two thirds going to Democrats. This is the first cycle since 1994 when Democrats have received the majority of GE contributions according to opensecrets.org.
    Man! When do you have time to train
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Obama does not support affirmative action because he is black. He supports affirmative action because he is a liberal. Obama is not supporting universal health coverage because he is black and wants "reparations"; he is supporting it in the same traditions in which it has been supported since LBJ and the Kennedy's began supporting such coverage in the 1960's. He does not support aggressive efforts to count the poor and minorities in the Census because he is black; he supports those actions because it is right to include everyone and because he believes those voters will support the Democratic party. Republicans have systematically sought to prevent full counts of those people in the Census and to exclude those people from voting because it would shift resources and power to Democratic strongholds.
    How do you know why Obmama does anything he does? You guys been having lunch? He told you this? I doubt it. He does what he does to suit his best interests and the interest of those who are pulling his strings. He didn't get to where he is on his own and because of his beliefs. Give me a break!
    Let's put it this way. If Obama is supporting a position that is consistent with white Democratic Presidents and white Presidential candidates over the last 40 years, why would Obama's support be attributed to his color? Obama's positions have tended to be pretty much at the center of the Democratic party and to the right of most members of the Black and Puerto Rican Caucus. You may or may not remember that during the primaries there were many questions about whether or not Obama was "black enough" and many of the black caucus members supported Hillary instead.

Let's put it this way. If Obama is supporting a position that is consistent with white Democratic Presidents and white Presidential candidates over the last 40 years, why would Obama's support be attributed to his color? Obama's positions have tended to be pretty much at the center of the Democratic party and to the right of most members of the Black and Puerto Rican Caucus. You may or may not remember that during the primaries there were many questions about whether or not Obama was "black enough" and many of the black caucus members supported Hillary instead.
    Or that he was "Christian" enough, until they found they could play race and patriotism cards off of his Christian preacher by linking him to the actions and words of another.

I'm no huge fan of his, but the hypocrisy is unbearable!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!