The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97

Thread: Ahhhh...Isn't this great?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    [quote=YardleyLabs;489914]The only difference I see between Beck and the bigots I grew up with as a child is that Beck seem to leave his white robes at home. While I believe that race permeates almost everything in our country, I think Obama is one of the least racist people I have ever seen in a public position. Beck is one of the most racist. I have no problem with anyone criticizing Obama or his policies. However, when you (a generic you unless the shoe fits) have trouble making a comment about Obama without calling him Obongo or Osama or commenting on his color, his "claimed" religion, or his place of birth, then the problem is not his color or racial views in my opinion, but yours. If Obama were white, none of those would be raised as issues.[/quote

    You are so right Jeff, if Obango was white he would have never been "Elected".

    Darker the Berry Regards
    Just Win

  2. #12
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The only difference I see between Beck and the bigots I grew up with as a child is that Beck seem to leave his white robes at home. While I believe that race permeates almost everything in our country, I think Obama is one of the least racist people I have ever seen in a public position. Beck is one of the most racist. I have no problem with anyone criticizing Obama or his policies. However, when you (a generic you unless the shoe fits) have trouble making a comment about Obama without calling him Obongo or Osama or commenting on his color, his "claimed" religion, or his place of birth, then the problem is not his color or racial views in my opinion, but yours. If Obama were white, none of those would be raised as issues.
    You are so right Jeff, if Obango was white he would have never been "Elected".

    Darker the Berry Regards
    I don't see a lot to suggest that being black makes it easier to win election either in statewide or national elections. Most believe that Obama would have won by an additional 4-6% had he been white. That doesn't mean no one voted for him because he was black, many did. Even more voted against him because he was black. Obama won a majority of the votes in every major demographic group except white males. Go figure. I believe that reflects something good about how far our country has come since I was a kid and that it also reflects how well Obama reached out to speak to people of all colors and classes. Obviously the fact that Obama was running against the Party that brought us GWB helped as well.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If Obama were white, none of those would be raised as issues.
    Once again Jeff you are wrong. If he was white and was raised a muslim for a short period and was campaigning after we were attacked by muslims it sure would have been brought up.

    He is attacked for his radical political views (socialist) and his advisors and friends he has chosen to surrounded himself with.

    Bush was attacked for the same reason (oil men). Every problem Bush dealt with was related back to his oil ties (war in Iraq, environmental, global warming, energy policy, and gas prices) If you surround yourself with advisors that people do not trust, you will be questioned. Thats not being racist!

    You folks evoked the race card during Katrina. The people were told to leave and they did not. They had a plan and chose not follow it. (stupid) Then expected the Feds to come and clean up the mess.
    Nothing racist there, but did not stop the left from playing the card.
    We were told we were being racist when people were condemning the looting that was going on. It was actually called following the law.

    Look at some of the "whites" on the right. The left was bringing up one candidate's Mormon religion as well as one or two being Christians. Calling them racists just because of their religion or skin color. Palin was called a racist because she did not have people of color in her state government. Guess what there are not many blacks in Alaska, but that did not matter. McCain was questioned about being an American citizen by the left because he was born in Panama to a US servicemen, guess what he was white.
    Stop claiming it is all about race. Is that the only hot button issue the left has.
    If your leader fails you will blame it on the racist right. You see it every day on the health care debate.
    The left has a history of trying to keep minorities depended on welfare (Jesse Jackson) and the government so they can have their votes.
    The only ones that are still using race as a weapon is the few nut jobs (KKK) and the self-hating, guilt ridden left.

    Get over it.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Most believe that Obama would have won by an additional 4-6% had he been white. That doesn't mean no one voted for him because he was black, many did. Even more voted against him because he was black.
    I recall some polls before the election that suggested that there were some democrats who wouldn't pull the lever for a black man. I don't recall any polls afterwards that indicated Obama would have received sufficient votes to up his margin by 5% had he been white. A 5% vote swing is statistically HUGE. I ain't buyin'.

    There were 5 million more voters in the 2008 than the 2004 election. The white vote in '08 remained stagnant from '04. Nearly the entire 5 million additional voters were minority (blacks, hispanics and asians). Who do you think the vast majority voted for?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Here is a quote from the colorofchange.org (the group trying to shut Beck up).



    Of course it should be on the air. That is what the first ammendment is all about. It doesn't say that we have the freedom of speech as long as nobody is offended.

    Perhaps they just don't want the truth exposed...
    The first amendment gives Glenn Beck the right to say whatever he wants, but it doesn't require advertisers to help pay his salary by running ads during his show or on the network that employs him.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  6. #16
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Stop claiming it is all about race. Is that the only hot button issue the left has.
    If your leader fails you will blame it on the racist right. You see it every day on the health care debate.
    Exactly. The left wasn't saying sh!t about racism until the bloom started to fall off Obama's rose, then it's back to their old stand-by...racial and class divisiveness. Really, is anyone surprised?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Exactly. The left wasn't saying sh!t about racism until the bloom started to fall off Obama's rose, then it's back to their old stand-by...racial and class divisiveness. Really, is anyone surprised?
    The liberals didn't force Beck to say that Obama has a deep seated hatred of white people. Yup, his mom was white, and the grandparents that raised him were white. So, I can definitely see why he would hate white people...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  8. #18
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I don't see a lot to suggest that being black makes it easier to win election either in statewide or national elections. Most believe that Obama would have won by an additional 4-6% had he been white. That doesn't mean no one voted for him because he was black, many did. Even more voted against him because he was black. Obama won a majority of the votes in every major demographic group except white males. Go figure. I believe that reflects something good about how far our country has come since I was a kid and that it also reflects how well Obama reached out to speak to people of all colors and classes. Obviously the fact that Obama was running against the Party that brought us GWB helped as well.
    Can you cite your source Jeff? Oh, I should know the Huffington Post.
    Just Win

  9. #19
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The first amendment gives Glenn Beck the right to say whatever he wants, but it doesn't require advertisers to help pay his salary by running ads during his show or on the network that employs him.
    Exactly. Boycott away. I'm taking note of who boycotts Beck and then I'll boycott them (and let them know). I'll also make a shopping run to Whole Foods store this weekend (for the first time ever) to help offset the money they've lost from the union, socialist and lefty-organized boycott of them because the CEO had the audacity to write an op-ed against Obamacare. Boycotts are the American way. I haven't eaten at Arby's in about 8 years since reading that they contribute heavily and exclusively to liberal politicians and liberal special interest groups. And I used to loves me some potato cakes, too.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The first amendment gives Glenn Beck the right to say whatever he wants, but it doesn't require advertisers to help pay his salary by running ads during his show or on the network that employs him.
    The first amendment gives him the right to be on the air and speak his mind. Why is there a black power group calling for him to be off the air? Are they not trying to infringe on his rights? If they don't like it, don't watch it. They can't control (at least until Comrade Obama say so) who says what and who they say it about.

    Before anyone says that they are not trying to get him off the air, here is a quote from the original article:

    ColorofChange.org quickly targeted companies whose ads had appeared during Beck's show, telling them what he had said and seeking a commitment to drop him. The goal is to make Beck a liability, said James Rucker, the organization's executive director.

    "They have a toxic asset," Rucker said. "They can either clean it up or get rid of it."
    Basically, he says Beck must be silenced or taken off the air.

    1st ammendment regards,

    ducknwork
    ________
    Uggs
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Great story!
    By bubba102105 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 10:33 AM
  2. Isn't obedience great!
    By Bullet in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 04:19 PM
  3. The great divider!
    By subroc in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 08:27 AM
  4. Great.
    By Gun_Dog2002 in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 12:39 PM
  5. Another great one gone
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •