The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Ahhhh...Isn't this great?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    i have a few friends here that i used to play basketball with, All three brothers half black half mexican and guess what they all say they hate mexicans...they don't seem to hate their mother though. Kind of odd to you guys i guess. There was also the supervisor at a warehouse i worked at a few years back who was hispanic that was married to a white women but if you asked anyone in the warehouse they would tell you that he doesn't like white folk. It happens. Just because Obama has white family doesn't mean that he doesn't not like the rest of the population.

    Jeff I actually agree with you that Obama doesn't deserve to be called names but that doesn't change the fact of his views of other races are somewhat less then noble. He went to a church for 20 years that is all about how horrible the white race is. A black man gets arrested for being drunk and beligerant and the arresting officer is called stupid or an idiot can't remember which. Not to mention that he basically calls us a bunch of hicks clinging to guns and religion.

  2. #22
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Once again Jeff you are wrong. If he was white and was raised a muslim for a short period and was campaigning after we were attacked by muslims it sure would have been brought up.
    This is where bigotry starts since there is no evidence that Obama was ever raised a Muslim. While living in Indonesia, a predominantly Muslim country, he attended both predominantly Muslim and predominantly Catholic schools. He returned to the US to live with his grandmother when he was about 11 and attended public schools. His mother was secular and provided no religious training as such. My son was raised in a secular household but attended a Quaker school beginning in 10th grade where he regularly attended Quaker services. I don't think anyone would say he was raised a Quaker. If you want to know why efforts were made to label Obama as a Muslim, one only has to look at polls showing that 61% of Americans say they would never vote for a Muslim (vs. 60% saying they would never vote for an atheist and 43% who would not vote for a Mormon).

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post

    He is attacked for his radical political views (socialist) and his advisors and friends he has chosen to surrounded himself with.
    How radical are his views when the majority of the electorate votes to elect him President?

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    You folks evoked the race card during Katrina. The people were told to leave and they did not. They had a plan and chose not follow it. (stupid) Then expected the Feds to come and clean up the mess.
    Nothing racist there, but did not stop the left from playing the card.
    We were told we were being racist when people were condemning the looting that was going on. It was actually called following the law.
    Actually the problem with race following Katrina was simple: what everyone saw on TV was that the people left behind were almost exclusively black people. The "plan" that was there called for everyone to evacuate but assumed they would use cars that the poorer residents didn't have. Instead, those people were sent to the stadium only to be greeted with a scene resembling The Night of the Living Dead. Those that tried to walk out of town were greeted by road blocks manned, coincidentally I'm sure, by people who were almost exclusively white. These are the scenes that made people think that race might have played a role, not the "lefties".

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Look at some of the "whites" on the right. The left was bringing up one candidate's Mormon religion as well as one or two being Christians.
    It seems to me that Romney's problems came from the right, not the left. 43% of conservatives and 53% of evangelical Christians said they would never vote for a Mormon (http://legacy.rasmussenreports.com/M...20faith%29.htm) Romney ran 4th among Republicans. That was not because he was being attacked by the left.

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    McCain was questioned about being an American citizen by the left because he was born in Panama to a US servicemen, guess what he was white.
    Actually, the only comments I saw about that were from people noting how much attention was being given to attacking Obama's qualifications as a citizen despite the overwhelming evidence of his birth in Hawaii, while none was being given to McCain's qualifications despite his birth outside of the country. Where were the lawsuits and outrage challenging his status as a citizen?

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Stop claiming it is all about race. Is that the only hot button issue the left has.
    Actually, virtually every discussion I have seen concerning race and racism and the Presidency has come from conservatives attacking Obama as a racist and those who voted for him as racists who only voted for him because he was black. This thread is a case in point. I was responding to posts saying how racist it was for advertisers to drop sponsorship for Beck after he called the President a racist. Those posts then went on to say that advertisers weren't upset about shows critical of Palin because Palin is white and a comment that Obama "claims to be black and spouts the traditional black racist sentiments", among others. When I challenge this, I become the one "playing the race card." The race card was and is on the table. I wasn't the one who put it there.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 08-25-2009 at 04:10 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Jeff you (until this thread) and many other liberals...including Pres. Obama himself have yet to claim that people are racist and any criticism of Obama is racist. But most of the liberals have. Can you please site where Glen Beck is racist. Not a criticism of Obama or his policies but where he is outright racists. Is it safe to say since you criticized Bush that you are a racist against whites? It's not the same and its getting very tiresome that anytime someone disagrees with your sides point its because of racism.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Let me get this straight, its OK for armed black panthers to intimidate voters at a polling place but its not ok to call some politician a racist.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    This is where bigotry starts since there is no evidence that Obama was ever raised a Muslim. While living in Indonesia, a predominantly Muslim country, he attended both predominantly Muslim and predominantly Catholic schools. He returned to the US to live with his grandmother when he was about 11 and attended public schools. His mother was secular and provided no religious training as such. My son was raised in a secular household but attended a Quaker school beginning in 10th grade where he regularly attended Quaker services. I don't think anyone would say he was raised a Quaker. If you want to know why efforts were made to label Obama as a Muslim, one only has to look at polls showing that 61% of Americans say they would never vote for a Muslim (vs. 60% saying they would never vote for an atheist and 43% who would not vote for a Mormon).

    It is a fact that Obama's father was a Muslim (maybe a nonpracticing one but he was born into that faith) as such Obama was born into that faith and his school in Indonesia stated he was such on his application. Enough said.

    How radical are his views when the majority of the electorate votes to elect him President?

    You know as well as I that the American public was ready for any change. He has surrounded himself with the far left fringe his entire life and has stated that himself.


    Actually the problem with race following Katrina was simple: what everyone saw on TV was that the people left behind were almost exclusively black people. The "plan" that was there called for everyone to evacuate but assumed they would use cars that the poorer residents didn't have. Instead, those people were sent to the stadium only to be greeted with a scene resembling The Night of the Living Dead. Those that tried to walk out of town were greeted by road blocks manned, coincidentally I'm sure, by people who were almost exclusively white. These are the scenes that made people think that race might have played a role, not the "lefties".

    The buses were there waiting to take people out. The black mayor failed to do his job and then blamed the feds. Lets put blame where it belongs.



    It seems to me that Romney's problems came from the right, not the left. 43% of conservatives and 53% of evangelical Christians said they would never vote for a Mormon (http://legacy.rasmussenreports.com/M...20faith%29.htm) Romney ran 4th among Republicans. That was not because he was being attacked by the left.

    Come on I saw several hit pieces from the left stating that Romney's church was racist.


    Actually, the only comments I saw about that were from people noting how much attention was being given to attacking Obama's qualifications as a citizen despite the overwhelming evidence of his birth in Hawaii, while none was being given to McCain's qualifications despite his birth outside of the country. Where were the lawsuits and outrage challenging his status as a citizen?

    The left could not bring lawsuits do to that fact it would call unwanted attention to Obama's issues.



    Actually, virtually every discussion I have seen concerning race and racism and the Presidency has come from conservatives attacking Obama as a racist and those who voted for him as racists who only voted for him because he was black. This thread is a case in point. I was responding to posts saying how racist it was for advertisers to drop sponsorship for Beck after he called the President a racist. Those posts then went on to say that advertisers weren't upset about shows critical of Palin because Palin is white and a comment that Obama "claims to be black and spouts the traditional black racist sentiments", among others. When I challenge this, I become the one "playing the race card." The race card was and is on the table. I wasn't the one who put it there.
    Your points support the racist card so you are helping play the race card

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    What the hell does Obama being half white have to do with anything? He claims to be black and spouts the traditional black racist sentiments, only when he's with a black audience, mind you.

    Personally, the only label that I'm concerned with when it comes to Obama is INCOMPETENT. Well, you might add FASCIST to that.

    Fascism......(1) a political philosophy, movement, or regime....(NOTICE THE PROGRESSION), that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation and forceful suppression of opposition; (2) a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control.


    Any of this sound or look familiar when you consider the current congress or administration?
    Yea that sounds real familiar

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvUEsm0wNIA

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    The first amendment gives him the right to be on the air and speak his mind. Why is there a black power group calling for him to be off the air? Are they not trying to infringe on his rights? If they don't like it, don't watch it. They can't control (at least until Comrade Obama say so) who says what and who they say it about.

    Before anyone says that they are not trying to get him off the air, here is a quote from the original article:



    Basically, he says Beck must be silenced or taken off the air.


    1st ammendment regards,

    ducknwork
    And how about all the people that wanted Letterman taken off the air when he made a joke about palin's daughter. (which I think was an uncalled for remark by the way)

    Meanwhile Tuesday afternoon, Firedavidletterman.com the online group behind the protest said it had received over 30,000 pledges to boycott products from companies that advertise on Letterman's show.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526684,00.html

    Or the people that wanted to boycott letterman advertisers:

    Thursday, 11 June 2009
    Boycott Letterman and his advertisers

    My post on David Letterman being an absolute piece of excrement is collecting a lot of Google and Yahoo hits on "boycott Letterman" and "boycott Letterman's advertisers". Yes, I am suggesting that we should all boycott CBS and Letterman's advertisers. Apparently I am not alone.

    http://wyblog.us/blog/boycott-letterman

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    I am amazed at all the racism I see on here ever since Obama ran for and became President of the United States.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Let me get this straight, its OK for armed black panthers to intimidate voters at a polling place but its not ok to call some politician a racist.
    Yep, you got it right.
    ________
    AMATUER TUBE
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:11 PM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    And how about all the people that wanted Letterman taken off the air when he made a joke about palin's daughter. (which I think was an uncalled for remark by the way)

    Meanwhile Tuesday afternoon, Firedavidletterman.com ? the online group behind the protest ? said it had received over 30,000 pledges to boycott products from companies that advertise on Letterman's show.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526684,00.html

    Or the people that wanted to boycott letterman advertisers:

    Thursday, 11 June 2009
    Boycott Letterman and his advertisers

    My post on David Letterman being an absolute piece of excrement is collecting a lot of Google and Yahoo hits on "boycott Letterman" and "boycott Letterman's advertisers". Yes, I am suggesting that we should all boycott CBS and Letterman's advertisers. Apparently I am not alone.

    http://wyblog.us/blog/boycott-letterman
    Oh yeah-I forgot! Two wrongs make a right!

    Forget this thread, what was I thinking...
    ________
    WEED VAPORIZERS
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Great story!
    By bubba102105 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 11:33 AM
  2. Isn't obedience great!
    By Bullet in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM
  3. The great divider!
    By subroc in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
  4. Great.
    By Gun_Dog2002 in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 01:39 PM
  5. Another great one gone
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •