The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhhh...Isn't this great?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    It seems that it is not okay to voice your opinion if you have something bad (no matter how truthful) to say about the chosen one. Damn that first ammendment!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv-..._s_advertisers
    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    This thread is a case in point. I was responding to posts saying how racist it was for advertisers to drop sponsorship for Beck after he called the President a racist. Those posts then went on to say that advertisers weren't upset about shows critical of Palin because Palin is white and a comment that Obama "claims to be black and spouts the traditional black racist sentiments", among others. When I challenge this, I become the one "playing the race card." The race card was and is on the table. I wasn't the one who put it there.
    Actually, you must have got distracted because this thread was about the first ammendment.
    ________
    Amateur german
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I am amazed at all the racism I see on here ever since Obama ran for and became President of the United States.
    Please go ahead and do a search and provide actual links...

not holding my breathe regards...

Actually, you must have got distracted because this thread was about the first ammendment.
    It may have started that way, but then you and Tex decided to play the "race card".

The first amendment, by the way, says that the government will not impede rights of free speech. Advertisers have never been subject to that requirement and have imposed their own standards of decency on the programs they support since the earliest days of broadcasting. No first amendment rights are involved. Many here are quick to point out that calls for fairness and balance in broadcasting are nothing more or less than a leftist effort to impose limits on Rush. FOX, and the other true believers. I have no problem with Beck broadcasting his meandering mindless musings, and I have no problem with people that choose to listen. I also have no problem with people who refuse to purchase products from his advertisers and no problem if his show is canceled for lack of financial support and he is forced to do something else to earn his minimum wage of $30 million/year. All of those activities are consistent with the first amendment and crocodile tears do not impress me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Please go ahead and do a search and provide actual links...

not holding my breathe regards...
    Don't need to provide links. The racist know who they are.

Literally laughing out loud at that Roger thank you for proving you have no idea what you are talking about. Oops that must be a racist comment. Wait i don't know your race...

I think Obama is one of the least racist people I have ever seen in a public position.
    I'm not so sure of that. If he is 1/2 white and 1/2 black, why does he choose to mostly refer to himself as an African-American?

And he definitely played the color card in his campaign.

And he was quick to call the Cambridge police stupid, before he knew all the facts (by his own admission).

And, yes, I actually know somebody who voted for O and cited to me that McCain was not a US citizen because he was born in Panama. If one person had that influence them, there are likely others.

I would agree that the advertisers are free to pull their ads. The organized group that encouraged them is also entitled to free speech.

After all have had their chance to speak, we make our decision as to who may be most accurate in their view.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Yea that sounds real familiar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvUEsm0wNIA

Roger......you're as looney as a $2 bill......surely your posting that video was tongue in cheek....if not you are drinking some serious kool-aid.

Anybody in their right mind can see that context was in jest.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    It may have started that way, but then you and Tex decided to play the "race card".

Are you referring to me? WHAT race card?

Explain how you think Beck is one of the most racist people you've ever seen?
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

doesn't need to apparently because Beck KNOWS he racist lol

getting very tired of white people that disagree with Obama being racist regards

Here is a quote from the colorofchange.org (the group trying to shut Beck up).

Of course it should be on the air. That is what the first ammendment is all about. It doesn't say that we have the freedom of speech as long as nobody is offended.

Perhaps they just don't want the truth exposed...
    I agree with you 100%. Beck has the right to say what he wants, short of yelling "fire" in a movie theatre. But its not government censorship if enough people are turned off by him that they write or quit patronizing his sponsors, and they decide to pull the plug on him. That's the people exercising their rights to buy or not to buy from his sponsors.

This is the same as when Imus made the comments about the girls basketball team. (which I don't think he intended as racist, but public opinion said otherwise)

If Beck gets canned because the free market spoke out, and can no longer justify his airtime based on market analysis, that's America.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!