The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Senate seat

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    You haven't "seen anything?" Then you need to do further research --

Teddy was drunk driving when the accident happened. That is why he did not call the police right away, but did call aides who advised him not to call police as it would spend the end of his political career. Witnesses at his hotel said he was acting inebriated, and even though wet from the river, his breath still reeked of Scotch. Drunk driving leading to a death equals manslaughter.

But Teddy made sure his being inebriated could not be proven. Fine. Because of an air pocket in the upside-down vehicle, all evidence is that Mary Jo survived for at least enough time for him to get help to save her. He didn't. That also equals manslaughter.
    The diver who ultimately pulled MJ's body from the wreck said that, from the position of the body, he believed there might have been an air pocket. Had he been able to reach her within 25 minutes of the accident, he testified that it was possible she could have been rescued. Given the time and location of the accident, it is doubtful that a fully equipped diver could have gotten to her within 25 minutes. I also suspect that both Kennedy and MJ had been drinking given the nature of the party.

Personally, I see no reason to try to defend the indefensible by whatever name you choose to call it. My personal feelings at the time were that Teddy was clearly the weakest of the four brothers. In my mind, that makes his achievements over the next 40 years even more remarkable. I never would have considered him to be capable of salvaging his life and finding a niche where he could play an important role and win the respect of so many of his political opponents.

My condolences to his family and those who loved him.

Couple of interesting items;

#1--Ted Kennedy introduced a bill to the MA legislature to PROHIBIT the Governer to immediately appoint a successor to a vacant Senate seat. John Kerry was the Senator that may have gotten elected President leaving said vacancy. Mitt Romney was the Governor. State Leg. acquiesced approve a 5 month waiting period and an election process. Last week Senator Kennedy sent a letter to the MA State Leg. asking for a REVOCATION of that bill so that a Senator could be appointed by the Governor immediately in the event of a vacant seat. Guess whop is Governor now??

#2--President Bush actually VOLUNTEERED for pilot duty in Viet Nam. He was turned down because he didn't have enough hours. Rather's producer (Mapes?) new this. It is a matter of record and is on page 131 of the report from NBC.

#3--I am no bleeding heart liberal, Ted Kennedy--R.I.P.

stan b & Elvis
    Last edited by road kill; 08-26-2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

The Kennedy family lost a husband,father,grandfather and uncle today...I think we should all let them mourn in peace

I will refrain from my personal feelings on the person till another day
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

"It was obvious to most people that
    Kennedy had allowed a young girl to
    drown, in a desperate and self-serving
    attempt to protect his political career."

= manslaughter
    In honor of Teddy K, "I propose a toast to that".

TK represented much of what is wrong in Washington DC. Born into a wealthy family, a man without talent, without wisdom, without common sense weilds influence across America. He was a drunk all his life and never represented an original thought. He was a typical northeastern liberal that lived a sheltered life and never worked a real job or day in his life. He was never in touch with the backbone of the USA! As far as I am concerned, there is one less drunk on the road.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Not that old dead fish about not serving in SE Asia. It ain't true except to liberals and Dan Rather. Ex-President Bush was a volunteer for duty in SEA but he had insufficient flying hours to go. By the time he had the hours, that aircraft wasn't deploying.

>>Mapes had information prior to the airing of the September 8 [2004] Segment that President Bush, while in the TexANG [Texas Air National Guard] did volunteer for service in Vietnam but was turned down in favor of more experienced pilots. For example, a flight instructor who served in the TexANG with Lieutenant Bush advised Mapes in 1999 that Lieutenant Bush “did want to go to Vietnam but others went first.” Similarly, several others advised Mapes in 1999, and again in 2004 before September 8, that Lieutenant Bush had volunteered to go to Vietnam but did not have enough flight hours to qualify.<<

See the whole report at: http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/conte...e-mess-part-1/

By the way, this is from the report that CBS commissioned on the incident.

Eric
    If you have proof go for it. The money is waiting for you.
    (CNN) -- The founder of the group Texans for Truth said Tuesday that he is offering $50,000 to anyone who can prove President Bush fulfilled his service requirements, including required duties and drills, in the Alabama Air National Guard in 1972.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ans/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    (CNN) -- The founder of the group Texans for Truth said Tuesday that he is offering $50,000 to anyone who can prove President Bush fulfilled his service requirements, including required duties and drills, in the Alabama Air National Guard in 1972.

Is that anything like providing a valid Birth Certificate?

Just askin.......
    Stan b & Elvis

Bush was a loser too, what's the point?

Is this the best the Obama lovers can do? That they need to bring up Bush to deflect attention from the idiot Democrat?
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Roger, can you PLEASE explain your logic -- how does that follow?

From where I sit Eric made NO SUCH CLAIM. Eric said that CBS's own internal report into Rathergate says "Bush volunteered to fly in the Vietnamese conflict," he didn't try and avoid it as liberals accused.

You interpret that to mean that Eric is claiming -- "Bush fulfilled all his service requirements, including required duties and drills, in the Alabama Air National Guard in 1972."

Please explain your logic. It is lost on me. Thank you.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Roger, can you PLEASE explain your logic -- how does that follow?

From where I sit Eric made NO SUCH CLAIM. Eric said that CBS's own internal report into Rathergate says "Bush volunteered to fly in the Vietnamese conflict," he didn't try and avoid it as liberals accused.

You interpret that to mean that Eric is claiming -- "Bush fulfilled all his service requirements, including required duties and drills, in the Alabama Air National Guard in 1972."

Please explain your logic. It is lost on me. Thank you.
    He hates Bush.
    Stan b & Elvis

Jeff,

Do you want all my personal info or just name and city. Its not like I have ever tried to post anonymously.

You call others out when they don't post the facts or make a mistake, but you offer your opinion as if it were fact.

I just think its sleazy to attack even a public figure with unfounded accusations and then pretend you are above it all. Feel free to talk about GW's drinking (he's admitted that he had a problem). As far as military record I think your buddy Dan Rather was already burned on that one.

I am sure you have heard the rumors of Obama's personal short comings but they are unfounded and it would not be appropriate for someone to state them like they were fact.

It sure would be nice if he released his educational records (I wounder why he doesn't) All other presidential candidates have.

John Abramson
    Waddell, AZ
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 08-26-2009 at 03:39 PM.