The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Senate seat

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    If you have proof go for it.
    That may be the most irrelevant message ever posted. The CNN story is from Sept 2004 and ties to the message I posted how? .... through the CBS story which is about how the story has been disclaimed by CBS and has been shown by CBS to be the work of a (politeness setting in) .... overly-ambitious staffer. IOW, the whole thing is coming unraveled.

But....I didn't say anything about serving in the Alabama Nat Guard. I spoke of the time when he was in TX. No one has a shred of proof to back claims that he was missing while he was assigned to the TX ANG. As I recall, it was reported that he routinely was on alert in 24 hour cycles. Ahem...do the math, one or two alert duties would cover a month of required attendance.

However, let's get a this straight even though the media won't talk of it or even check for the truth.

1. The TX Guard was flying F104's when Lt Bush was there.

2. The AL Guard was flying F-4's and RF-4's when Lt Bush came here. Lt Bush would not have been allowed to fly AL ANG aircraft without going through transition training which was where.....? I don't know but it wasn't here in Montgomery. Thus Mr. Bush could not fly when he was in AL until he had a slot for transition and those were programmed maybe a year in advance.

Much has been made of him not being able to prove attendance. The attendance record is a unit record, not a personal record. Why haven't any unit records been produced that show him absent? Probably because the records may have been destroyed following the Air Force records retention policy.

Let's just call it even for a birth certificate.

Eric

For those of us who know right from wrong do not buy into any argument that excuses bad behavior as justification for bad behavior. So when a topic come up such as this saying yeah but GW did........ doesn't excuse it. Its not relevant factual or not.

Its like saying its OK what ted bundy did because of what jeffry dahlmer did.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Roger Perry posted:

"The founder of the group Texans for Truth said Tuesday that he is offering $50,000 to anyone who can prove President Bush fulfilled his service requirements, including required duties and drills, in the Alabama Air National Guard in 1972."

An honorable discharge, also known as a DD214 should be considered proof. Would this be accepted a vialid proof? Mine states I fulfilled my duty honorably. President Bush's does also. Have not seen Obama's, Cliinton's or Ted Kennedy's.

Art

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Chappaquiddick will forever be part of Edward Kennedy's legacy. However, to judge him solely on that would be equivalent to judging GWB solely based on his history of cocaine use.

"

Jeff.....now you've gone from a simple jacka$$ to a dumb one.

My God, man. He admitted to drunken driving...leaving the scene of an accident....at best he committed vehicular manslaughter. At worst, 2nd degree murder.

Part of his legacy...you bet your sweet bippie.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

So just like that we now have KennedyCare. I guess a dead Ted is worth more to Mrs. Pelosi than a live Ted as she tries again to rally the democrats to vote for a bill so near and dear to Kennedy's heart. I mean we all know how much Teddy cared about healthcare for the poor, the wretched and the less privileged. Unless of course your name was Mary Jo in which case he cared nothing at all about your health.

Maybe San Fran Nan can hold a bill signing ceremony on Sen. Kennedy's coffin as it's lying in state.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Jeff.....now you've gone from a simple jacka$$ to a dumb one.

My God, man. He admitted to drunken driving...leaving the scene of an accident....at best he committed vehicular manslaughter. At worst, 2nd degree murder.

Part of his legacy...you bet your sweet bippie.
    Just for the record, he said alcohol and drunken driving were not a factor. The bridge involved was a wooden slat bridge at an angle to the road. It was unlighted and had no sides or side markers. You can find a nice summary on Wikipedia plus police reports, etc. are still available on line. I don't necessarily believe that alcohol was not involved since, in my experience, most drunks say the same thing. However, he did not admit to drunken driving as you stated. I withdrew my comment on cocaine use by GWB on the same basis and suggested substituting GWB's alcohol abuse and DUI, which he has admitted, and his shoddy military record, which is thoroughly documented in his military file even after editing.

The fact is that both Kennedy and GWB were drunken louts in their youth and both went on to become something much greater than their earlier behavior would have led one to expect. While I disagree with GWB on almost every possible issue and believe he was one of our worst Presidents ever, there is no question that, as a man, he became a leader of substance who deserves some level of respect. While I agree with much of Kennedy's priorities and politics, there is no question that he was a man of flawed character. However, he too became a leader of substance who deserves some level of respect. There are few, if any, on this forum who can claim to have contributed as much to our country as either man or to have made as many personal sacrifices for our country.

Been better off if ole teddy would have been the one left in the car.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Just for the record, he said alcohol and drunken driving were not a factor. The bridge involved was a wooden slat bridge at an angle to the road. It was unlighted and had no sides or side markers. You can find a nice summary on Wikipedia plus police reports, etc. are still available on line. I don't necessarily believe that alcohol was not involved since, in my experience, most drunks say the same thing. However, he did not admit to drunken driving as you stated. I withdrew my comment on cocaine use by GWB on the same basis and suggested substituting GWB's alcohol abuse and DUI, which he has admitted, and his shoddy military record, which is thoroughly documented in his military file even after editing.

The fact is that both Kennedy and GWB were drunken louts in their youth and both went on to become something much greater than their earlier behavior would have led one to expect. While I disagree with GWB on almost every possible issue and believe he was one of our worst Presidents ever, there is no question that, as a man, he became a leader of substance who deserves some level of respect. While I agree with much of Kennedy's priorities and politics, there is no question that he was a man of flawed character. However, he too became a leader of substance who deserves some level of respect. There are few, if any, on this forum who can claim to have contributed as much to our country as either man or to have made as many personal sacrifices for our country.
    It would probably be more relavent to compare Laura Bush to Ted Kennedy, when it comes to personal tragedy, whether or not alcohol played any role in their respective accidents. She also became a very influential person, who in my estimate, contributed more good to this country than her husband.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

A headline I found linked to a story. Take from it what you will.

Dodd says he will carry on Ted Kennedy's life work
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It would probably be more relavent to compare Laura Bush to Ted Kennedy, when it comes to personal tragedy, whether or not alcohol played any role in their respective accidents. She also became a very influential person, who in my estimate, contributed more good to this country than her husband.
    Perhaps Laura and Ted are equal in facing tragedy in their lives, but I think Laura far outstrips Ted in the character department. One could say that it was Laura's depth of character that played a strong role in bringing GW to what he came to be. I think he also acknowledged her impact on his life.

Ted may have been instrumental in legislation that had a positive effect, but I don't think one could call his service "sacrifice" for his country. In spite of his irresponsible acts, that extended till he was about as old as Jeff, he got power and recognition for his efforts. In truth, each of our soldiers who are serving now could be said to have made a greater sacrifice for their country, and will get far less in return than Ted got.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.