The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Open Senate seat

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Calling someone a dumb jackass because you do not agree with that person is a personal attack.

Do the words be civil or be banned ring a bell?

I guess if you are not a republican you are either a jackass or liberal.

Former republican regards.

Jackazz, Teabagger, Nazi, Racist, Homophobe, Militia member,Brownshirt, Homegrown Terrorist, Christian extremist.

All of these have been thrown out before. I dont think most posting here should be throwing stones in this glass house.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Farrar said that she lived for at least 2 hours. Had Kennedy or his buddies called the police the story may have had a very different ending.

Kennedy's failure to seek help immediately may have cost Kopechne her life. It took only 20 minutes for John Farrar, head of search and rescue for the Edgartown volunteer fire department, to reach the scene once he was notified—at 8:25 the next morning. Donning scuba gear, Farrar found the body of Kopechne in the overturned car, her hands clasping the backseat, her face turned upward to the footwell above her. "It looked as if she were holding herself up to get a last breath of air," says Farrar, 52, the manager of a burglar-alarm store. "It was a consciously assumed position." Farrar believes the car had contained an air pocket, and that Kopechne "lived for at least two hours down there." But Farrar says he was never given a chance at the inquest to explain what he saw. "I was told outright by the D.A.'s office that I would not be allowed to testify on how long Kopechne was alive in the car. They were not interested in the least in anything that would hurt Ted Kennedy."

http://www.people.com/people/archive...120819,00.html

He was wealthy and really didn't need to work a day in his life,
    I believe it is more than money that motivates those to remain active in political life. There is no question that "power" plays a role for many of our politicians. And TK wielded a lot of that as a result of the history of his two older brothers.

All his life, TK lived in the shadow of his brothers. Once they were gone, he had the stage to himself. I think he was probably a likable, even charming, guy. And I'm sure he had some good intentions for helping those less fortunate than himself. He was not an unfeeling sociopath, certainly. OTOH, without his Kennedy name I really doubt that he would have gained the stature he did. And I really doubt he would have escaped the consequences of Chappaquidick so easily either. We ought not forget that Jack and Bobby were no angels either in their personal lives.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

JFK and RFK were skirt chasers too, but the media portrays them as heroes for their sexual exploits because of the company they kept...I always wonder in todays world if they would have been allowed to get away with the same indescretions
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"