The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you big truck owners or future owners...gdg

Default For all you big truck owners or future owners...gdg

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...s/4230317.html

I still could never own a Chevy as long as Obonga is a stockholder.

Hey Homburg, your bringing up the rear.
    These are field trials and the people involved largely don't understand a normal day much less a "normal days hunt".

they are comparing apples to oranges the winner is at least 700lbs lighter and single rear wheels not comparing the same trucks

David Jansma
    The time you spend on earth with your dog is precious; enjoy it to your fullest

Quote Originally Posted by djansma View Post
    they are comparing apples to oranges the winner is at least 700lbs lighter and single rear wheels not comparing the same trucks

David Jansma
    Besides carrying a chasis mount dog box I don't see the disadvantage. What would the additional 700 pounds added to a dual wheel Chevy not be able to do?
    These are field trials and the people involved largely don't understand a normal day much less a "normal days hunt".

They do make the disclaimer that even though the GMC was SRW drive truck the extra weight and handicap of DRW version would still have out performed the Dodge and Ford product.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

they claim the dual wheels only add 250lbs more. the tires and wheels would weigh more than that also the ford weighs 1600lb more than the chevy also they choose a king ranch the highest price tag you can get
    I am on my 2nd f250 had a 03 with a v10 and now have a 08 with a v10 and I am really pleased with both trucks
    the ford is rated 350hp and 650ft lbs of torque
    and the chevy is rated 365hp and 660ft lbs of torque
    you add that to almost a ton less weight and yes you have more power but will the frame hold up long term
    to that type of hauling?
    David Jansma
    The time you spend on earth with your dog is precious; enjoy it to your fullest

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Guthrie View Post

Ken, you mean the new Gooberment Motors (GM)?

Don't believe what the Feds are saying that the U S Tax Payer will be divested of this bad investment by 2012.

We've bought the turkey!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I read the article and real quick its apparent that maybe the writer missed a few things. 1st they talk about hooking up to a 2 5/8'' ball. I have never seen one and have even dumped the weak Chevy class 3/4 hitch for a class 5 that has a 2 1/2" shank with a 2 5/16" ball. 2nd I am sure that even the same Chevy 3500 a dually will have slower zero to sixty times and get worse fuel milage. Lastly all the trucks had similar HP/torque and should not be that far apart performance wise. I have a dually duramax and like it but given the option as I have stated before give me a ford body, cummins motor and allison trans. As expensive as these trucks are I feel the quality and performance for all 3 suck. These are supposed to be heavy duty, hard working and long life and as close to a commercial truck as you can get. Hey big 3 how about some freakin 8 cent grease fittings and serviceable parts. 56 k not much bang for your buck. Ill buy a freightliner or International for the next real truck.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Guthrie View Post
    Stockholder? He picks the CEO and BOD. What do you call that? Defacto owner? Majority stockholder? Until Government Motors is privatized again (100%) I don't want anything they make.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

We have a 1/2 ton Toyota Tundra that can pull 10,000 lbs. and then some. My husband pulls a trailer that weighs 2,980 lbs. and puts a 12,300 bobcat on top of that and the Tundra has no problem!!! I forget the gas mileage, but I remember that is was decent.

LL

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinDawg View Post
    Stockholder? He picks the CEO and BOD. What do you call that? Defacto owner? Majority stockholder? Until Government Motors is privatized again (100%) I don't want anything they make.
    Unfortunately if everyone thought the same way as you they would stay Government Motors for a long time!