RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2010 National Amateur Championship

8K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  DEDEYE 
#1 ·
If the National Amateur Retriever Club applied for a date change from June 20 to 26, 2010 to June 13 to 19, 2010 what would you think? The change could eliminate seven trials held on the AKC corresponding date weekend in 2010 thus reducing chances for qualification for dogs in next year's National Amateur Retriever Championship.

#2 ·
Jane... since I have no dog in this fight... the proposed change of date should be asked of those already qualified and see if the change of date will affect whether or not they attend, having people that may or may not qualify for the Big Show decide for those that have already qualified doesnt make much sense...just my $.02

heck I am just glad its on the western US so I have a shot at watching next year

#4 ·
I am told that Suzanne King is sending a letter to the AKC seeking to hold the National Amateur from June 13 until June 19.

In July, I had made reservations in Klamath Falls for the following week under the assumption that the National Amateur would apply the corresponding date table in setting its dates. So it came as a surprise to me when Florence Sloane posted that the National Am would be occuring one week earlier.

I then called Larry Morgan, who is judging the 2010 National Am. Larry didn't know. He suggested I call Brad Clow. Brad didn't know either, but said he would call Suzanne King, who - I think - is the President of the NARC this year.

At any rate, I got a message from Brad last night, which said that the NARC was applying with the AKC to hold the National Am June 13-19.

This will obviously affect some clubs - like North Dakota - that have traditionally held their field trial the last weekend before the National

Ted

#5 ·
Update: Larry Morgan - who is judging the 2010 National Am - called me this morning and says that he was told that the National Am will begin on June 20, 2010.

So, I guess I will wait until something official arrives before I change my reservations

Ted

G
#9 ·
Update: Larry Morgan - who is judging the 2010 National Am - called me this morning and says that he was told that the National Am will begin on June 20, 2010.
Hey Ted,

Do you know from whom Larry got that information?

Did the folks who made the original oopsie decide to say "uncle" and patch things up on their end rather than playing hard ball?

#6 ·
If they move the trial it will eliminate the date we had for our Cimarron/Tulsa Double DQ. While it is not a huge issue for us to move it, I am opposed to it until I see good reasons to do so. Other clubs that have had trials that weekend for years have a bigger stake in this. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#8 ·
I'm glad I saw this thread!

I just corrected Cajun Riviera Field Trail Club's dates for March 2010 on Enrty Express.

Tim and Suzanne please note those dates; March 26-28, 2010

#13 ·
Dates for the 2010 National Amateur Championship Stake have been approved per the AKC corresponding date schedule: Sunday, June 20th through Saturday, June 26. Thanks for your discussion!
Thanks for posting this. Now I don't have to move our dates... ;)

#12 ·
Only took 10-11 posts to find out it's now where it shoulda been.

:razz: :razz: ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.