The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I trust Entry Express

Default I trust Entry Express

I trust Entry Express to store my credit card # and personal information so I don't have to enter it every trial. Amazon has my info and I have no way of putting them under internet bus if they misuse it.

How does everyone else feel about EE having our info so we don't have to dig out our credit card each time we enter a trial?
    Last edited by drbobsd; 08-31-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: boo boo
    Bob

http://lonewillowkennel.com/at-stud.html

A Sportsman is gracious in defeat, humble in victory and appreciates the opportunity to compete. HPW

Kristie Wilder

I do know that in order to store credit card information, you have to meet the requirements of your merchant account. It's not something you can "just do". You have to have a certain level of security in your ecommerce setting.

I didn't realize they even had an option for it; maybe it's something new? I'm used to entering mine every time.

I wouldn't have a problem with it simply for what I stated above. Stuff can happen anywhere. People have worried about the security of ecommerce, but then we go to restaurants and hand our cards off to servers who take them away, often out of sight.

As long as they are following a guideline for security, it wouldn't be a problem for me.

-K

I've had my credit card info hijacked in the past so I no longer trust any online entity with my credit card info.

I use ShopSafe®for all of my online purchases/transactions.

ShopSafe® is a free service that allows you to create a temporary card number each time you make an online purchase. This number links directly to your real credit card account number but keeps your card number completely private and protected. The ShopSafe number is used just like any other credit card–a merchant never knows it's not your real credit card.
    Jeff Telander
    Durham, NC

FC AFC CT Broad Reach Devil Made Me Doit CD "Sinner"

Forever in my heart
    OTCh Broad Reach Diesel TD MH UDX2***
    CH Broad Reach Gripper UD MH
    OTCh R Labs Darth Wader TD JH
    OTCh Teracroft Topaz TD JH

I just asked the girls there about this last Thursday! It does get very tedious filling in the same form time after time. That would be a great service to the customer. is Shayne still involved? I heard maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff t. View Post
    I've had my credit card info hijacked in the past so I no longer trust any online entity with my credit card info.

I use ShopSafe®for all of my online purchases/transactions.

ShopSafe® is a free service that allows you to create a temporary card number each time you make an online purchase. This number links directly to your real credit card account number but keeps your card number completely private and protected. The ShopSafe number is used just like any other credit card–a merchant never knows it's not your real credit card.
    I am with you Jeff. I use to boast about how ecommerce was so safe. I never worried about it before until now. Just last month I had my CC highjacked from a ecommerce site and I did not store it on their site. Also the site I purchased something from was a site that I had puchased items before. I am still trying to get everything resolved with the bank. There is nothing totally secure, even talking to someone in person on the phone does not guarantee that they won't abuse it.

The real threat these days is not the small merchants. While there is risk involved, fact is there is risk using credit cards period. Most large scale breaches are not from retailers like EE, but rather from the companies handling the transactions. This is big money for hackers these days and they go where the highest return on investment is. Heartland is a classic example.

http://www.infoworld.com/d/security-...igger-tjxs-241

Even if you never use your credit card on the internet, the transaction is going to be handled and entered into a computer system somewhere. Hackers target those companies. Safe computing habits are certainly recommended, but to a degree it is out of your control. For more information about tactics being used today check our what Francis had to say in his interview....

http://www.infoworld.com/t/security/...r=954%3Fr%3D83

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

I live and breath e-commerce in my job everyday.

What I can say is smart E-commerce companies are trying to get up to speed by being PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant.

However, there is a HUGE number of vendors ranging from A to Z that don't have this online security movement on their radars. The financial ramifications for vendors not having recognized forms of security to protect card holder information is severe. The big credit card companies can now leverage hefty fines against card processing vendors if card holder information is stolen or abused and they don't have these "securities" in place.

As a rule of thumb always be careful of using financial data online.

I heard the same thing Lynn! Things must be slow in the rumor mill if that's the best thing people have to talk about. A couple people have even asked my girls about it.

The fact is, nothing has changed in the EE/DA world. But if people are bored they should at least make it interesting and say that Rosenblum bought EE. HAHAHA

Hope all is well.

Shayne

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne Mehringer View Post
    I heard the same thing Lynn! Things must be slow in the rumor mill if that's the best thing people have to talk about. A couple people have even asked my girls about it.

The fact is, nothing has changed in the EE/DA world. But if people are bored they should at least make it interesting and say that Rosenblum bought EE. HAHAHA

Hope all is well.

Shayne
    You get that groin rash cleared up.....?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    You get that groin rash cleared up.....?

/Paul
    Almost /Paul. That ointment you recommended works great!

SM