The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheney: Politics driving CIA terror probe

Banned

Default Cheney: Politics driving CIA terror probe

WASHINGTON - Besieged during the Bush administration for bending to the White House's will, the Justice Department is again accused of playing politics with cases — this time in investigating whether CIA interrogators illegally abused terror suspects.
    The new charges were led Sunday by former Vice President Dick Cheney, who called the preliminary probe ordered last week by Attorney General Eric Holder an "outrageous political act that will do great damage, long term."

I am sure it would do great damage if those in the CIA are brought to trial for illegal abuse of terror suspects and decide to rat on who ordered the abuse.

I think Cheney is a bit worried.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32616878...more_politics/

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    WASHINGTON - Besieged during the Bush administration for bending to the White House's will, the Justice Department is again accused of playing politics with cases — this time in investigating whether CIA interrogators illegally abused terror suspects.
    The new charges were led Sunday by former Vice President Dick Cheney, who called the preliminary probe ordered last week by Attorney General Eric Holder an "outrageous political act that will do great damage, long term."

I am sure it would do great damage if those in the CIA are brought to trial for illegal abuse of terror suspects and decide to rat on who ordered the abuse.

You are one person I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with. I think you'd be way to busy reading Miranda rights to defend yourself.

Roger, I believe Dick Cheney truly cares about this country, a stetement that cannot be made about many whom you defend.

TBS, the D's went after the CIA once before & basically neutered the organization. It had returned to being somewhat a resemblance of it's former self when all this politico started again.

When someone seeks to harm our country & innocent people, I believe it necessary we use every weapon in our arsenal to make certain that does not happen. That means we need strong clandestine organizations. Will they always do everything right, probably not, but as long as their intent is to defend this country, it's OK by me.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Good post, Marvin.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Roger, I believe Dick Cheney truly cares about this country, a stetement that cannot be made about many whom you defend.

TBS, the D's went after the CIA once before & basically neutered the organization. It had returned to being somewhat a resemblance of it's former self when all this politico started again.

When someone seeks to harm our country & innocent people, I believe it necessary we use every weapon in our arsenal to make certain that does not happen. That means we need strong clandestine organizations. Will they always do everything right, probably not, but as long as their intent is to defend this country, it's OK by me.
    Xcellant post Marvin, gotta remember that Roger and the other "Thumb Suckers" on here would rather sing Kumbaya and hold hands with the "terrorist".
    Just Win

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Xcellant post Marvin, gotta remember that Roger and the other "Thumb Suckers" on here would rather sing Kumbaya and hold hands with the "terrorist".
    I do not have any problems with terrorist interragations, however there are laws that need to be followed. Just because you are the president, you cannot make up your own laws as you see fit. If you want to torture prisioners, change the law. If the law says you can torture prisioners and to what extent, then I am fine with it.
    When Bush took office he swore to uphold the constitution and the laws of the nation. If he could not do that then he should have not been president.

If everyone could make up their own laws we would have no need for police, judges or attorney's.

Roger i konw its been a while but didn't the justice department approve the interrogations...its not like Bush was making new laws he was following the laws as the justice department saw them.

I do not have any problems with terrorist interragations, however there are laws that need to be followed. Just because you are the president, you cannot make up your own laws as you see fit. If you want to torture prisioners, change the law. If the law says you can torture prisioners and to what extent, then I am fine with it.
    When Bush took office he swore to uphold the constitution and the laws of the nation. If he could not do that then he should have not been president.

If everyone could make up their own laws we would have no need for police, judges or attorney's.
    Oh the irony there....so I guess making all these czars that oversee one agency or another and have ZERO congressional oversight and report only to the president isnt using the grey area of the law
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Roger i konw its been a while but didn't the justice department approve the interrogations...its not like Bush was making new laws he was following the laws as the justice department saw them.
    Dick Cheney and his lawyer, David Addington, pressured the Department of Justice in 2005 to quickly approve a torture memo that authorized CIA interrogators to use a combination of barbaric techniques during interrogations of “high-value” detainees, despite protests from ormer Deputy Attorney General James Comey, according to several of his e-mails released over the weekend.

The e-mails also clearly state that Comey had vehemently objected to torture on moral and constitutional grounds and predicted that the matter would become the focus of a congressional hearing “three years from now” if White House officials failed to heed his warnings.

http://carolinamtnwoman.wordpress.co...prove-torture/

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Oh the irony there....so I guess making all these czars that oversee one agency or another and have ZERO congressional oversight and report only to the president isnt using the grey area of the law
    Was it OK when Bush did it? Legally, those individuals are assistants to the President. They cannot act in the place of any Congressionally approved cabinet member. They cannot control the budgets and they cannot control the staff of the agencies that they theoretically "coordinate".

In fact, it does look like Obama may end up appointing more czars than Bush, although that is not clear since the title is generally given by the press, not the President. It's especially ironic when Karl Rove, former Bush "Domestic Policy Czar", is the person decrying the Obama administration's tendencies in this direction.