The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheney: Politics driving CIA terror probe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    It sounds like one person opposed it but it was still approved by the justice department and it doesn't say that he was pressured to approve the memos it said he was pressured to finish the memos. Big difference that obviously that publication is hoping people like you missed.
    The "one guy" (opposed to pressuring the justice dept) was Deputy Attorney General James Comey. He told Cheney he "predicted that the matter would become the focus of a congressional hearing “three years from now” if White House officials failed to heed his warnings."

Well, guess what. Comey prediction is coming true and now Cheney is crying it's all political. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The "one guy" (opposed to pressuring the justice dept) was Deputy Attorney General James Comey. He told Cheney he "predicted that the matter would become the focus of a congressional hearing “three years from now” if White House officials failed to heed his warnings."

Well, guess what. Comey prediction is coming true and now Cheney is crying it's all political. Go figure.
    Was it James Comey who stopped Alberto Gonzales from getting a semi-comatose John Ashcroft from signing a re-authorization bill while in the Intensive Care Unit with acute pancreatitis?? I remember someone recounting a late night visit with pens and papers, and Ashcroft had enough coherence to say he was not the active AG, and pointed to [Comer]? who refused to sign. Then came the re-defining of the law, so it was all just a nice gesture anyway.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I watched Cheney's interview with one of the talking heads last Sunday morning. I thought he comported himself amazingly well. It's so easy for him to be painted as the villain but the simple fact is this: Interpreting the way our military and various intelligence agencies interrogate prisoners is NOT the job of the average citizen nor the media.

I'm so glad to hear all the lefty opinions on this, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. And I so think it will show our strength and resolve to others overseas for us to punish our servicemen for being mean to terrorists and war criminals. It makes such good copy too, imagine the headlines and ratings it'll generate!

Honestly, the broken promises and depths to which this administration and its minions will go so it can crow, "We're right and Bush was wrong" is disgusting. It's no wonder Obongo's ratings are tumbling. Is there any campaign promise he hasn't reneged on yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I watched Cheney's interview with one of the talking heads last Sunday morning. I thought he comported himself amazingly well. It's so easy for him to be painted as the villain but the simple fact is this: Interpreting the way our military and various intelligence agencies interrogate prisoners is NOT the job of the average citizen nor the media.

I'm so glad to hear all the lefty opinions on this, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. And I so think it will show our strength and resolve to others overseas for us to punish our servicemen for being mean to terrorists and war criminals. It makes such good copy too, imagine the headlines and ratings it'll generate!

Honestly, the broken promises and depths to which this administration and its minions will go so it can crow, "We're right and Bush was wrong" is disgusting. It's no wonder Obongo's ratings are tumbling. Is there any campaign promise he hasn't reneged on yet?
    Nice post! The comments by the lefty's on this post & POTUS place in general tell you what kind of person they would be in a pinch.

I have never forgotten the talking head's statement - "The left doesn't have a Cheney & wish they did." All they have is Obongo & MoveOn.org. It explains why they become so frantic to marginalize anyone or any good idea that don't fit their talking points.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post

Nice random smear, but doesn't address any of the points brought up.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!