The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDG No more strike!

Default GDG No more strike!

We were supposed to start today, but they canceled school because the mediation couldn't start until 5:30 last night. At 12:30 A.M. they teachers union and the district reached tentative agreement. I still have to meet at 8:00 where I would have been picketing, then I can go to my class. We vote at 2:00 this afternoon.

I am so relieved. I will lose one day's pay, but one day is tolerable, because I'm getting a pay raise this year for credits. Thank GOD!
    Joni
    I don't wear black because it makes me look slim, I wear black because it hides the dog hair.

What does this have to do with dogs ?
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAKEHAVEN View Post
    What does this have to do with dogs ?
    clear GDG it title
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Good Get to work I say!!!! I think those little basterds should go to school all year long. Keep um out of my favorite fishing accesses and boat ramps I use to do my dog stuff. And why do they have all summer off anymore anyway? Not like any of them are laboring in the fields to get the harvest in. We have our friendly undocumented workers for that now. And your entire first month back all you do is review and “get up to speed”. I see the small towns struggle each year, in my state. Their school budget can be more than public works, roads and fire/police. So often the teachers hold the town by the balls each year. Right after you all just had the summer off while the rest of us remained on the job. School should be all year long, give the towns their moneys worth.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken, what are you doing to me!? I agree that year round school would make the first month easier, but in this town, a lot of my kids do get jobs, but not for their own money, to help support their family. And, with the condition of some of our buildings, this gives them time to make the necessary repairs.

I spent about 50 hours this summer in classes learning, and about 70 in my classroom getting ready. I consider the rest of my summer a sanity rebuilding vacation. 150 teenagers in my class and 1200 in my school every day can be very wearing on us.

I'm thrilled to be going back to work officially tomorrow.
    Joni
    I don't wear black because it makes me look slim, I wear black because it hides the dog hair.

Congrats on people coming to their senses and avoiding a strike, where no one wins..in this case the kids win because you will be there to teach them....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Congrats on people coming to their senses and avoiding a strike, where no one wins..in this case the kids win because you will be there to teach them....
    Yeah nothing like holding your employer hostage by not coming to work and blocking anyone else from working so you can get a pay raise in a time when most professions are forgoing them due to the economy. Glad I live in a right to work state
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Play WA View Post
    Ken, what are you doing to me!? I .
    Hey it’s your thread, I’m just telling you how I feel.

Do you get credits for posting on RTF during class time?
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Good Get to work I say!!!! I think those little basterds should go to school all year long. Keep um out of my favorite fishing accesses and boat ramps I use to do my dog stuff. And why do they have all summer off anymore anyway? Not like any of them are laboring in the fields to get the harvest in. We have our friendly undocumented workers for that now. And your entire first month back all you do is review and “get up to speed”. I see the small towns struggle each year, in my state. Their school budget can be more than public works, roads and fire/police. So often the teachers hold the town by the balls each year. Right after you all just had the summer off while the rest of us remained on the job. School should be all year long, give the towns their moneys worth.
    Sounds like somebody spent some time in detention!